The Wonderverse 267 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 40 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 40

Hey all, Azure_Shadow here, I've noticed that while this group has an abundance of members, there have been a grand total of....zero threads from anyone save for our good friend Calm, so I thought to myself why not see if I couldn't get the ball rolling on the group threads so to speak? So how about we start with something simple? I want to know why y'all are here!

How did you guys pick up on Calm's fics? And what about them have pulled you in enough to keep reading? For me, I started reading "The Weight of Responsibility" because I was on a hunt for quality Thunderjack fics at the time and picked it up by chance. I found it to be a beautifully written story of opposites attracting, as well as a wonderful story of one overcoming past mistakes and hardships to work towards a noble goal. I easily identified with Thunderlane in that fic, and I'd say he's my favorite character that Calm has written so far. Aside from the story, I spoke with Calm a lot via PM, and I'd say we became fast friends, so combine good friends with good fics, and you've got the reason why I'm here.:eeyup:

So why are you here?:duck:

4100882 First one I read was Soft Spoken with a Big Heart. Kept reading since

First was Head in the Clouds. Started being a fan of his in either 2012 or 2013. One or two years after I became a brony. I was looking for a for a good Soarindash. I first saw it but at that time I didn't think it would be good, however one day I was bored so I read it and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Hey y'all. I first read Weight of Responsibility. I really enjoyed it and decided to go back and check out the other stories Calm Wind wrote and got hooked.

i first read head in the clouds and quickly binged all the way to i believe sometime late part 1 ish of piercing the heavens. where i finally got caught up on that line. Then started toying around with the other works. tho piercing the heavens holds a special place for me :heart: because i arrived at that fic during the time i first started being active in the community as opposed to just watching from afar. since then i have made many friends inadvertently threw a common link thru it.:pinkiesmile:AND YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY FRIENDS:pinkiesmile:

Also as strange as it is this fic brought one of my long time friends into the fandom.:derpyderp1:

Jim Hoxworth
Group Contributor

Not really sure how I got here. Was sort of on a mindless heartwarming romance binge at the time, prior to actually making an account here. Initially saw one of the SoarinDash fics, saw it was part of a timeline so I moved to the first one, and then 24 hours later (maybe 36, not too sure) I was caught up to the current fic. Eventually got the guts to make an account (despite living in an anti-brony community), and now here I am. :twilightsheepish:
I think it was TorontoFCBrony's story that linked me to Calm's.

I saw Piercing the Heavens in the update box and seeing as I'm a huge SoarinDash fan, I was tempted to read it. I read everything in order before finally catching up around the end of part two, so I'm a newbie. It was a lot of fun binge reading for about 3--4 days though

CowgirlVK
Group Contributor

Me... Good grief. I was working my way through reading all of the Soarin Dash fics.... (No, of course I haven't made it yet) I saw Calm's stuff several times, looked at the word count and kept going... Finally after like the ninth time of seeing it I started reading the first one... Then the second... Then I read the third... It had 44 chapters then, so I'm still a spring chicken around here as well. Well... actually it was September, so that makes me a Fall Chicken. :raritywink:

I actually found Fimfiction after becoming a brony. This is the first fandom I've ever joined, so I was still kinda new to everything. At the time, Fluttermac was the only ship I heard of, so I was just looking around for that. Soft Spoken is actually the first story I read on here :rainbowkiss:

I left Fimfiction for a few months, came back, and at that time I believe Calm was all the way up to Apple in the Corner. I followed him since then :twilightsmile:

Calm Wind
Group Admin

This thread is making me smile so much it hurts :pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2:

Violet Frost
Group Contributor

I saw piercing the heaven's in the feature box and found the description interesting. Seeing as it was a sequal however I went back and read the first two Soarin x Dash fics (I've only just recently read the other fics :twilightblush:)

Well, what pulled me into reading the series at first glance was the collection of characters. Admittedly, at the time, I was looking for a good pairing between Rainbow Dash and Soarin. However, the depth and time that Calm takes in developing the relationships between his characters was what kept me.

The single universal trait thats found in all forms of art, whether it be in the visual fields, music or in writing is the artist's voice. When a piece of work speaks, It shows its audience not just a color on canvas, a lyrical note or poetic verse, but the artist themselves. Its clear from seeing the posse and the interaction between Calm's audience that what keeps us reading is the fellowship shared between Calm and his followers.

searched up soarindash fics and got addicted. i started with head in the clouds

I was looking for fics. I wanted to read stuff, I had become kinda addicted to reading fics about candy colored horse love. I was looking for FlutterMac and SoarinDash fics. I was sure that I had read almost all of the existing SoarinDash fics out there so I was desperate for more, and therefore looked for FlutterMac stuff. :rainbowlaugh:

I'm not sure if I read Head or Soft Spoken first.. I know that I read both at about the same time. After Head I looked through Calm's userpage and found the sequel, FSH. I think Calm was halfway through writing that fic when I started reading it. After that I followed him.

Calm Wind
Group Admin

Don't forget that i had followed your art for some time, had no idea you were chiwee... then when i pm'd you and found out, we both pointed at each other while making fangirl squeals:rainbowlaugh:

How did I get here?
alert:applejackunsure:-story of life incoming-:applejackunsure:alert
Well...
I became a Brony a couple years ago, but found out about this website only some months ago, in September.
I was still in hospital, looking for a website where I could watch some of my favourite episodes with my father's tablet:twilightsheepish:.
During my research, scrolling down the screen, "Fimfiction" caught my attention, but since back then I wasn't much of a reader, I initially didn't pay much attention to it, but eventually I started looking for some fanfics to read out of boredom.
That's how I discovered Calm and his stories ( can't really remember wich was the first one I read but I'm pretty sure it was Soft Spoken).
When I was released from hospital, I focused on school and sport to recover what I had lost, and COMPLETELY forgot about the about the site:derpyderp1:.Then some day in December, reading some EQD articles, I remembered about Calm's fics and immediately created an account:scootangel:. While catching up with his stories, we chatted a bit on pm, and became sort of "online buddies".
Gotta say Calm is a great person, he really inspired me and cheered me up during tough times:pinkiehappy:.
So..here I am now, working on my very first story that hopefully some day will be added in here:pinkiesmile:.

Of course! :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:
The most memorable moment I've had on this site. :derpytongue2:

I was watching a Thunderlane compilation on YouTube, and one of the comments was talking about TWoR. I checked it out and I fell in love with Twister and Squall and Thunderlane's butt. =3

Calm Wind
Group Admin

WHOA! I just looked up that video!

People talking about me outside of the site?! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Witching Hour
Group Contributor

I stumbled across Calm when I was doing a search for Cadence/Shining stories and one of the results was "That's Not Quite How It Works"... I pulled up the first chapter, but found it was part of a huge timeline... And, being the crazy completionist that I am, I followed the link to his main page and started at the beginning! :raritystarry:

Of course, this resulted in my muses getting off their asses and making me start writing my own fanfic! :pinkiecrazy:

Sylvian
Group Contributor

I got here in a rather roundabout way. I had seen Foxenawolf, one of the artists that does artwork for his stories, doing some of the art, and got intrigued. I think I asked about it in the chat, and someone pointed me to his userpage here. Having been told Calm was a good author I started reading from square one back in "Soft Spoken with a Big Heart", andddd....then ended up reading...and reading...and reading. :derpyderp1:

Started on a Friday, ended on a Monday. Ended up making this account to basically praise the living daylights outta Calm, and then once my brain soaked up all the awesome that was his stories, I ended up joining the group here.

I...also have a fanficiton in the works...based in his universe...and I totally blame the awesome that is Calm's writing.

4100882 I first discovered Calm's fics when I stumbled upon Head In The Clouds about a year ago, before I even had an account on here. I completely forgot about him until a couple of months back, and since then I have read three more of his stories: Flying Sky-High, Piercing The Heavens, and CHAPTER 19: AND THEN THEY BANGED. At first, I was interested in a lot of the characters and the way they worked together as a whole, but nowadays the only, and I mean only, character I'm interested in anymore and even remotely care about is Squall.

ShadowStrike11
Group Contributor

I was looking for the longest fics, just so that I could soak up some time reading them since I get bored very easily, and I ended up stumbling across Piercing the Heavens. And since I was in the mood for SoarinDash fics, I decided to go back to Head in the Clouds first, then Flying Sky-High and finally back to PtH. I was so caught up in the story that I spent every minute of my free time reading it until I managed to read I all 91 chapters.

Then, I thought about joining in on the Wonderverse and commenting on the stories, but I'm usually really shy introverted at first. So I decided to wait until chapter 97 when I posted my first comment. Then, after chapter 98 came out, I decided to create a Wonderverse fanwork, and then some fanart for chapter 99. Might seem a bit rushed but I've actually been lurking for some time.

So yeah. . . that's the story.

Sylvian
Group Contributor

Well, welcome to the group ShadowStrike!

It's also good to see a fellow author for the universe :pinkiehappy: its a great place to write in and I am glad to see you've already done so!

I hope we continue to see awesome stories out of you!

4604531 Heh, well welcome to the Wonderverse my friend! Hope you enjoy it! We're a pretty nice community (for the most part.)

ShadowStrike11
Group Contributor

You can blame it on Calm Wind's amazing works, especially the SoarinDash trilogy. He can really motivate others to write, and I'm no exception. :twilightsmile:

For the most part? :rainbowlaugh: I'm already enjoying being part of the Wonderverse, so no worries!

Sylvian
Group Contributor

Oh, I totally blame Calm for all of the stories I've written on this website. ALL OF THEM :pinkiecrazy:

Which is a good thing, really. He got me out of basically a four year writer's block!

ShadowStrike11
Group Contributor

A FOUR year writer's block?! :twilightoops: Yikes, that must've really been bad. The most I've gotten was a month or so.

I'm thinking of writing a comedic short story for the Wonderverse, but in order to do that, I have to request help from Calm, since there are some parts I just can't write (like swearing. . . ).

Sylvian
Group Contributor

College does strange things to you mind, let me tell you. I spent quite a few years attempting to get an English Degree, it was a lot of studying and fretting over finances...didn't leave a lot of room for story writing.

ShadowStrike11
Group Contributor

That's why I start early, although my writing skills probably aren't as great. That way, I'll still get a head start for when I get to college. Still...I will miss story writing...

Sylvian
Group Contributor

I started in middleschool, honestly, and I have some stories written, but nothing as complete as Memories or Storytime. It is good to see you starting early, too! It means you'll be well practiced when you do hit college, and beyond! Just, don't get too stuck into a single writing style, seriously experiment and try new things out even before you get to college, it'll make life (And your writing) easier and better!

ShadowStrike11
Group Contributor

I started back in elementary school, and seriously my writing was crap at that time. But apparently, I'm in middle school right now, and I'm trying to make the most of my summer vacation that's about to end. By the way, if you read my first Fimfiction story, you'll find that it's A LOT different from my Wonderverse one.

Sylvian
Group Contributor

I'll have to read it during a break from writing the outline to my current story!

And, yeah, I hope you've been enjoying your summer break so far! I remember the feeling of impending...not doom but loss of freedom that returning to school always heralded. More so since my birthday is the first of this month, so I really only got this month to have fun with whatever I got for my birthday xD

ShadowStrike11
Group Contributor

Today happens to be registration day. . . first step to loss of freedom, I guess. *sighs*

You're writing a new story? Hm...interesting...

And happy late-late-late-late-late birthday! ...did I get it correct? xD

Sylvian
Group Contributor

Thanks, and yup! New story is in the works! Or at least I am working on the outline at the moment.

And registration day. :pinkiegasp:

Hope you get the classes you want :ajsmug:

ShadowStrike11
Group Contributor

Good luck with the new story! :rainbowdetermined2:

I am celebrating right now, because I finally have a few classes with two of my best friends. :raritystarry:

Sylvian
Group Contributor

Thanks, it'll hopefully be as good as the two I've already got posted.

And congrats on getting a class with your friends! Always makes learning a little easier when its with people you know and are comfortable with.

ShadowStrike11
Group Contributor

Hm...what's it about? (if you're going to answer this, can you PM me? I don't want to get kicked out for getting off topic on this thread xD)

And thanks, I've unfortunately learned that the hard way.

So I have been in the group for a little while and I am just starting to come out of my shell a bit more. I was searching for more Wonderbolt related fics when I found Head in the Clouds and was hooked immediately, also everyone here seems really nice.

Lmao I did it backwards. Found Piercing the Heavens first, loved it, then discovered it had not only one, but two sequels. Then read Flying Sky-High and then Head In the Clouds. Best discovery of my life since discovering that owls sleep on their stomachs. Look it up, it's cute

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 40