The Babs Seed Fan Club 134 members · 200 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Look at this photo. Look at it VERY CAREFULLY. Is it the photo YOU have wanted to see? No. Is it the photo I wanted to see? No. Is it the photo Hasbro wants to see? DEFINITELY.

Reason? HASBRO ONLY WANTS TO DEFINE BABS SEED BY HER EARLY S3 ROLE AND IS HARDLY A THINKER WHEN IT COMES TO OUR FEELINGS ABOUT HER. They feel that her circa "One Bad Apple" persona should remain her only one, when in reality, a lot of the people here want her to live a life much brighter. Now, only under independent ownership will that EVER happen to Babs. I don't want her killing people. I don't want her to slaughter people. I don't want her to spell DOOMSDAY for anybody she approaches. It's unnatural and it's wrong. And we have seen enough of it.

WHILE BAD_SEED_72 CORRECTLY PREDICTED THAT BABS WOULD GET HER CUTIE MARK FIRST, WHICH WAS WHAT HAPPENED, HE WAS RIGHT ON THE MONEY WHEN IT CAME TO THE CUTIE MARK HASBRO FORCED HER TO GET IN ORDER TO MAKE A CHEAP BUCK OFF OF "ONE BAD APPLE." From a blog post:

Okay, first things first: that cutiemark. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who thought that came out of nowhere. A pair of scissors?!

Lewd jokes aside, which I'm 99% certain are the product of my/our own collective twisted imagination rather than the animators inserting a dirty joke into the show by giving the most masculine female character an obviously lesbian allusion, why is it a pair of scissors? Why not a seed? Or a shield? Huh? Huh?!

As Bloom And Gloom points out later, most ponies have a cutiemark that ends up in accordance with their name. Why did we get a stylist instead of a gardener? It's Babs Seed, not Babs Shears.

[...]

While it's pretty great that one of the CMC finally was given a damn cutiemark, I can only see this as a way for the writers to remove Babs Seed from the show for good. Without the fourth Crusader, there's really no reason to go to Manehatten unless Rarity wants to steal from more hotel rooms. Any possibility of meeting more Cutie Mark Crusaders in Manehatten has been thoroughly squashed, as is any reason for Babs to be developed in general.

The show tends to flatly characterize the cutiemarked foals—Diamond Tiara is a horrible equine, Silver Spoon is her synchopant, Featherweight is a photographer, Snips and Snails are stereotypical dumb boys, etc. A possible exception to this rule might be Rumble, who is also a blankflank—though this is never acknowledged by the show or the CMC themselves—but our only knowledge of him is literally "Thunderlane's little brother". That exception aside, it's pretty clear that the show has no interest to date in utilizing cutiemarked foals as anything but background ponies and/or CMC tormentors.

While I hate to say it, I'm pretty sure this is the last we'll ever see or hear of Babs Seed in the show. R.I.P. Babs, we hardly knew ye.

Bad_Seed_72 is right. Her name is NOT Babs Shears. And you know what? She should never be PORTRAYED as Babs Shears. Which is EXACTLY how Hasbro wants her to be portrayed. It's disgusting and makes us look like complete jerks. Bad_Seed_72 is also right about the behind-the-scenes motive behind that cutie mark. It is probably the last we'll ever hear or see Babs on the show. And it doesn't have to be. Here's how it cannot:

1. Find a website where you can file a petition begging Hasbro to drop the rights to Babs Seed and hand them over to somebody who could give her a more proper treatment, like me. Websites like MoveOn and filmmakers like Robert Greenwald (Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War On Journalism, Wal-Mart: The High Cost Of Low Price) are good outlets for such a petition.
2. Write a letter to the head of Hasbro, which is based in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, asking him or her to withdraw ALL rights to Babs Seed, excluding her cutie mark and her two episodes, which they could keep. Furthermore, inform the company that, once their rights to Babs are dropped, she could only appear in an MLP:FIM episode featuring her if the synopsis does not put Babs in any role that would be considered bullying.

Remember, if you REALLY want Babs to come back, you've got to stand up to Hasbro's characteristic of Babs and take action. Do it for her. Do it for me. Do it for this group. And do it NOW.

4514293 Whoa whoa whoa. One thing at a time.

Babs_Seed72 is female.

Nowhere was it suggested that Babs was to become a serial killer. EVER. That is your own fevered imagination. She supposedly wants to cut hair. Now, I'm not crazy about that, and I think it does cut off a "Cutie Mark Crusaders in Manehattan episode . . . Probably. She has been used in the comics, though, and she hasn't been shown as a bully in those.

Fan petitions don't work.

Hasbro does and will own the right to Babs, however you feel about it.

Babs and Apple Bloom now have their own toys with Babs name as "Sweetie Babs". The playset is based off the Apple Family Reunion scene where Apple bloom and Babs are competing in the 7 legged race Applejack has designed for them. They are spinning plates on their heads and there is a picnic table where the two can stop and talk or eat.

Brynna Drummond, Babs Seed's VA, is in school, and I am sure if they have an episode where Babs has a speaking role (like maybe the CMC go with Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash to Manehattan to solve a friendship problem via the map in Twilight Sparkle's castle, they can stop by Babs's apartment on Farrier Hill and find out what's going on.

I know that.

Nobody will believe that once they see the current photography of Babs, which is why I made that assumption. The comment you're making about Babs' portrayal in the comments would be a fair argument if I had read them. Problem is I don't. Or have the time to.

That's because you're not believing in their power. If they could work out for Sunset Shimmer and MLP:FIM, and indeed, they're working out for her, from what I'm seeing, then there is no reason why they should not work out for Babs and Hasbro's ownership of her.

And Hasbro is doing whatever it wants with Babs. As I stated earlier, it wants to paint her as a bully no matter what. That, we feel, is something that should never happen to her. We want people to help us.

You do realize that DHX is more to blame for the direction the characters go in than Hasbro, right?

You can probably trust Habro interference to counter what DHX occasionally does.

Nobody will believe that once they see the current photography of Babs, which is why I made that assumption.

You know, I hate to break it to you, but according to Derpibooru, Babs is sex-crazed crazed serial killer with a taste for fillies. Just like Pinkie Pie, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity and basically every other pony you can think of.

I can't understand why Babs is singled out. Because you didn't like what kind of cutie mark she got? If that's your issue, then you have much bigger things to worry about.

I'll agree with Bad_Seed_72. It was a way to kick out a potentially interesting filly, and we'll likely never see her again. And what does that mean?

Absolutely nothing.

We are on fimfiction, aren't we? Instead of having her in a sparse episode on the show, we can give her much more depth than we ever saw it in the show.

But then again, they even brought Steven Magnet back.
~Twi

You know what? You should probably wait a little bit until you come down. You might feel better about all this once the drugs leave your system.

Is it the photo Hasbro wants to see? DEFINITELY.

Then why is the image source from DeviantArt's domain? Well, I know some artists for both the show and the comics have accounts there, but is Hasbro now using the site to release official publicity images? What's that? They aren't? Then this is just some fan artist's bastardization of a character and has nothing to do with what "Hasbro wants to see"? Well, that's different then. That means that you're actually talking out of what? Yes, your ass, that's correct.

HASBRO ONLY WANTS TO DEFINE BABS SEED BY HER EARLY S3 ROLE

Citation needed.

They feel that her circa "One Bad Apple" persona should remain her only one

Which is why she was such a horrible bully when she reappeared in the episode "Apple Family Reunion". Oh, wait -- she wasn't? She was a friendly pony who really missed her cousin Apple Bloom? Huh. Then I can only conclude that we must return to the statement above re: your ass.

I don't want her killing people. I don't want her to slaughter people.

GOOD NEWS! My Little Pony is a children's cartoon, which means that no matter how much people make fan art or fanfics of such activities, they will never happen in the show.

I don't want her to spell DOOMSDAY for anybody she approaches. It's unnatural and it's wrong. And we have seen enough of it.

Again, children's cartoon. You need to be pointing your ire at the fandom, not the toy company that wants to maximize profits by selling sweet, harmless characters to little girls.

Her name is NOT Babs Shears.

And Rarity's name doesn't have the word "diamond" in it. What's your point? (Also, what 4514561 said about names and cutie marks.)

Write a letter to the head of Hasbro, which is based in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, asking him or her to withdraw ALL rights to Babs Seed, excluding her cutie mark and her two episodes, which they could keep.

Samey90
Group Admin

At first I wanted to say that Bad_Seed_72 is a girl, but seems that scoots2 beat me to it. Also, I don't really get what you're talking about: I'm pretty sure that the idea of the cousin of one of the main characters being a serial killer will never appear in the show, considering the target audience (which isn't us). That's what fanfics are for.

Speaking of Babs' cutie mark, those scissors are a bit apple-shaped. On a side note, it's not like pony's name is always connected with their cutie mark: we have Derpy/Ditzy/Muffins, whose cutie mark are bubbles, Daring Do (a compass), Flitter (dragonflies), Cloudchaser (a shooting star), and many others. So it's not like it's a rule or something.

Also...

2. Write a letter to the head of Hasbro, which is based in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, asking him or her to withdraw ALL rights to Babs Seed, excluding her cutie mark and her two episodes, which they could keep. Furthermore, inform the company that, once their rights to Babs are dropped, she could only appear in an MLP:FIM episode featuring her if the synopsis does not put Babs in any role that would be considered bullying.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9