Displaced 4,438 members · 1,271 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Gale the Anarchist
Group Admin

Hello all, and welcome to the first official Displaced Reviewer's Corner thread. This is a new, monthly service that I will be providing to the group where people can submit a story - their own or otherwise - to be reviewed by an admin of the group. This is my attempt to provide a way for people to receive thoughts and feedback for stories, as well as to provide recommendations to newer members of stories to consider.

WARNING!!! - These reviews will be BRUTALLY HONEST. No regard for author's feelings will be given for the author or fans of the story. Anything said in regards to the story is not directed to any person or persons in particular.

How to Submit a Story for Review in 4 Easy Steps:

1) Create a Reply Message to this initial message within the Thread.
2) Provide a link to the story in question alongside an embedded cover image.
3) Provide a short justification - no more than 3-4 lines - of why you think I should review the story.
4) Post your Message!

I look forward to everyone's participation.

Leig le na faclan againn a chluinntinn.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/296965/a-passing-through-kamen-rider

It's co-written by myself and the ever amazing Thunderclap. It's also one of the best Kamen Rider Displaced on the site. Seriously, check out most of the others, they don't read very well. So yeah, check this one out.

You should totes review Diary of My Better Self, by moi. Linkilicious clicky thing.
Artsy bit:

And you should review it because, like... it's the best :trollestia: But, for realsies, it's the only Displaced story I've seen where it's an MLP character being displaced, and an underrated one at that, so I think it's like at least a little bit novel and also it's so short it'll barely eat up any of your precious time. And might be kinda funny, if you're into that.

The reason I'd like my story, Equestrian Psycho reviewed is for an objective insight into the story. I need a fresh pair of eyes on this, particularly ones that aren't friendly to me or know me outside of the site. In essence, I need someone who will refuse to pull any punches so I can make sure that I am both taking the story in the direction I want to take it and to make sure that it and my skills are getting better over time.

My story, My Sword Is a tool For Justice hasn't been updated in a long time. I've been looking into getting back into writing it, but I'm curious about what a reviewer would think, what works and what doesn't, etc, so that I can do a better job going forward.

Equestrian Swordsman

It's still going through the process of being written, the first few chapters are rough, but I think that some criticism would do me good. At the very least, you'll get a few chuckles and one 'oh shit' moment.

Gale the Anarchist
Group Admin

If there is no cover image to speak of it’s not required.

Okay, I've been wanting an actual review for one of my stories for... ever, really. Hopefully now I can finally get it.

The story I want reviewed is none other than Havoc, my most popular story.

No one has given me full reviews and I'm overall unsure which direction I should take. Due to this, I'm not sure if my characters are having any development, or if the story's actually advancing at all.

So yeah, I think I need some advice as to how I'm doing and what direction I should take next. Thanks.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/447090/ad-victoriam

I've not had much input on the story and I'm new to publishing content on this site (though I have written for things outside of fanfiction before now).

I'm mainly worried about the pacing of the published chapter and dialogue, not sure if it should be quicker, slower, should have more or less dialogue, or if it's mostly fine as is.

I really just need someone to tell me this stuff earlier on so I can improve on it for the chapters I'm still working on.

Comment posted by Hotel_Chicken deleted Nov 7th, 2019
Comment posted by Hotel_Chicken deleted Nov 7th, 2019
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11