Displaced 4,427 members · 1,266 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Kaffeina
Group Admin

Hello Displaced,
Many of our members have complained about the Lore and motives needed. As such, a newer version of the Lite Lore, a post previously found on the Important Thread Hub has been created. Hopefully your questions will be answered. While understanding of the Lores is not required, we encourage you to inform yourselves.

Displaced is a「Multiverse」taking residence in the「Omniverse」sometimes called「Existence」.「Existence」is a massive space, dimension, or whatever varied term you choose which is sufficiently infinite. It has a multitude of layers, and each is completely different from the last, while some are similar. Each “dimension” has been referred to as an 「Omniverse」because that is what they appear as to their residents. Within the「Displaced Omniverse」is the「Void」which is a mysterious place with only one true constant, that no one without a specific power can reside in it. Often called「Shadow Warping」this ability lets one dwell in the swirling chaos that is the「Void」. This is why「Alternates」such as 「Alternate Timelines」or just「Alternate」people exist and why you can create anything, there is no limit, but just remember, the sky isn’t very interesting during the daytime. Stories can crossover for this same reason which is why the 「Tokens」 exist.「Tokens」are items which allow your Displaced to pass through the「Void」without any to little trouble.

「The Displaced」 are people who have been taken from one universe and placed in another, and when done by a 「Displacer」they can crossover with other Displaced! The most commonly seen「Displacer」is simply known as “The Merchant” though he may not always be the same person, and his only trademark is the sale or exchange, sometimes even free, of items.「Displacers」can come in a variety of forms, but they always have one thing in common. They move someone to another universe and, usually, grant them powers they didn’t have before.

Motivations are another heavy variant of Displaced. The motivations of a「Displacer」are perhaps the easiest to simplify; they send people to new universes. Nothing more to it than that. Displaced also have a variety of motives but most want to: live their new life or get home. Everything is up to you.

Power is the most heavily fluctuating aspect of Displaced, with characters ranging from normal everyday ponies, to literal gods. Most Displaced do have some sort of new power, which makes them equal or stronger than the denizens of their new world. There have been scales to show this power, but the best method is to judge them based on the denizens, such as if they’re stronger or weaker than the average denizen.

Many Thanks,
Displaced Administration and Moderation Team
For those of you looking for our more comprehensive Lores:
Please See the Important Thread Hub and follow the provided links.

This... is... BEAUTIFUL!!! :raritystarry: This is a great intro-lore for anyone who would want to make a displaced story but is still unsure of how to make it work. With something like this it is a lot easier to understand and show that while you do have to follow some of the key details like being sent from one world to a different one, that's almost all that's needed to be known. Tokens are nice little hero-summons and a great way for a main character to have someone who understands their situation so that they're not losing their minds on trying to comprehend what's going on

Thanks for the lore summary. Much appreciated. :eeyup:

5795788 But I have a feeling that others are still gonna complain about Displaced...

I don't think it can get any more simplified than than.

5795996 Yeah... but you're going to get that no matter what, you just have to ignore the people who hate it and work on making your story better overall. Kinda like how I love Gilgamesh's stories, they started out kinda 'meh' in the first couple chapters but then picked up in quality the longer the story got

5795754 There are a few questions I'd like to ask, because I haven't really kept up with the lore since the Sys Admins were still prominent:

1. Can a Displaced become a Displacer? As in can someone who was Displaced, due to powers either gained or given later, have the power to Displace others?

2. Are there rules a Displacer has to follow? I.E., is there anything that they could do that would cause a higher power to bring to bring down the law on them?

3. If a Displaced attempted to create a system or organization spanning several multiverses, would a higher power get involved and stop them? And if so, would that Displaced be able to make a case for his organization's existence? Maybe negotiate terms?

Kaffeina
Group Admin

1. Can a Displaced become a Displacer? As in can someone who was Displaced, due to powers either gained or given later, have the power to Displace others?

Simple answer; yes. Long answer; depending on the circumstances.

2. Are there rules a Displacer has to follow? I.E., is there anything that they could do that would cause a higher power to bring to bring down the law on them?

Like I said, the base motive is all you need. Unless you start attacking other people's stories with your Displacer, you're fine.

3. If a Displaced attempted to create a system or organization spanning several multiverses, would a higher power get involved and stop them? And if so, would that Displaced be able to make a case for his organization's existence? Maybe negotiate terms?

It wouldn't work because something like that, aka SysAdmins or other variances, already basically exist. Ruling over a bunch of universes, or even a multiverse, from WITHIN a universe wouldn't result in much of an issue, though it would be pretty illogical and difficult to manage. From outside, you'd be stopped simply because not all Void Dwellers tolerate it, and because it's kind of obnoxious. If it's a rule like DEATH in the classic Lore uses, then it's fine, which would require the accomplishment of the first question.

1. Alright, good.

2. Perfect.

3. That's what I meant. Like if a Displaced visited another universe and said "Hey, I'm starting this group dedicated to protecting universes from being attacked by dickhead Displaced! Wanna join?" There'd be no problem with that, right?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13