Displaced 4,437 members · 1,271 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

This is a thread I have personally put together for those of us on the Lore Council to receive Ideas from you, our fellow authors and readers! Members of the lore council will be using this thread to review your ideas and suggestions so please don't spam anything, I will not hesitate to delete any spam or troll posts I find. We may not comment on your ideas but they will all be taken into account.

The idea for this thread was sugested by DJ A String, and has been aproved by Flutterwitch/midnightchaos.

someone makes the guy who made the displaced multiverse but can't use him again unless people have there displaceds do somethings, you get choice who it is

5003943 The Displacers like the Merchant actually are acting under orders. Someone more powerful is giving them orders.
I don't know, idea just popped up in my mind.

5003943 Well, I've got a little group coming together who's purpose is to discover what they can about Displacement, I hope that you'll keep that in the lore.

well... for me i always thought of The Merchant as someone like Gman. Mysterious higher power with unknown intentions....
I really wish people just developed him to be like Gman... it would make everything a lot easier and such.... and keep a mystery in the character...

Multi-paragraph post! Away!
Someone in one of the many… shall we say “Drama soaked” threads had an idea of the displacers actually needing the displaced. I liked it and got to thinking.

While not all, it would seem even in the limited lore we have now that at least some of the displacers are at odds with one another. Now perhaps for some reason they're unable to battle one another directly or they’re all at such similar levels it would be too risky to, so they use the displaced instead. Perhaps directly as soldiers or maybe they get the left over time or energy or something from the rest of the life they would have lived before being displaced (maybe like a Weeping Angel kind of thing). Or maybe they just like to gloat at one another about how many they have or how well they're doing.

Or maybe the displaced are like tethers, keeping the displacer stable or alive in the in the endless chaotic voids. And just so all the stories still fit: It doesn’t necessarily matter if they take a direct part in their lives or not so long as they’re still there and functional, hence why so many are dropped in worlds with elements of the original cosplay to give them a better fit. Now some do obviously care for various reasons beyond the primary concern; like how the merchant chooses ones that will also entertain him, or how Essence does seem to still want to help people even if in crazy ways (MADNESS!). I’ve seen others who also seem to have additional goals in mind even if we don’t yet know what they are, such as The Quidam’s… well, Quidam in his Mysterio story.

I don’t know, just a few ideas for an idea thread. I’m honestly not sure we really need more specific reasons for the displacers to displace; in most stories it’s just really not that important. It’s just a necessary step to actually get them there as displaced; a hand wave to declare them as such so the real story can begin. Some people call it bad writing, I just see it as a genre identifier. If it doesn’t detract from the overall story then it’s not really a problem is it? Like I said, I don’t know but I made a thing so here :derpytongue2:

What if a race in the mlp universe the displaced is sent to has it's name changed? For example: in a DnD displaced story has Capper's species become tabaxi instead of just being called cats?

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

I mean you can make your story's world as anything you want it to be, there is no limit to your world building.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9