Weird Ideas Done Seriously 225 members · 562 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
The SideKick
Group Admin

So I guess I need to do some explaining. Has you might of noticed the threads that I tried to make every week with a new topic to discus have stopped, with any real activity form me in general being comparable to a dead guy. The problem was that most of my threads had no activity. I was just talking to myself for all the effort. But I couldn't understand why. People have made their own threads, and keep adding stories, so interest is still there. I had even asked you all if you liked the idea of regular threads, the feedback being pretty positive. The best I could gather is that I'm doing something wrong. So I ask you all...

What do you want?

I'm not getting mad and trying to shake a answer out of you. I want to genuinely hear what it is you would like to get out of this group. Anything you think could help this group I would love to hear. Anything I can do to give you something more when you come here, let me know.

Sincerely, The SideKick

4213248 I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Being dead is just a natural state of things. All groups gravitate toward it in the long run. Soon, all life shall be snuffed out of the Universe when the entropy prevails. You can't fight death. You have my compliments for trying, though.

The SideKick
Group Admin

4213836 I guess as long as I didn't mess up and it's just life being life again, I can deal with it.

I just found the group the other day, so I couldn't say. But I wouldn't worry overly much about doing anything wrong. I have a group I started, too, and plenty of people join and add stories, but the forum is a ghost town.

If you want you can try to drum up members by promoting the group over at The Shameless Self Promotion Bureau

What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? - Starlord

4213248 - I've found this is a problem with groups overall, actually. I'm in groups with hundreds of members, and the conversation level is usually around zero, with the occasional burst of activity. I've tried to figure it out myself because it feels like everything is in place for some awesome interaction, but it never seems to happen.

It's because contrary to what the little box that says 42, is telling you. You actually probably only have ten loyal followers. Let's say HiE group has 10k followers only like a hundred of them bother posting in the forums. So its not you doing nothing wrong. It's just people tend to follow something and not stick with it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6