Write For Fun, Not Fame 1,243 members · 5,498 stories
Comments ( 45 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 45
Jay Sky OC
Group Admin

This will be a thread where if you are looking for ideas, you can come here and ask.

And if you have ideas that you don't want to try, you can post them here and maybe someone will try it.

:twilightsmile:

3704541 This is an old idea of mine, but I'm not confident enough to tackle it. And yet, it has to get written. If I can't force somepony to write this, I'll have to write it myself someday, and I'm not sure how that would turn out. Anyway, this idea is free if anypony wants to use it. You don't even have to reference me or anything.

But, I Don’t Like Wearing Tight Clothes
Summary: Rainbow Dash finally gets accepted into The Wonderbolts. She then discovers that those tight dresses, she would have to wear, are very itchy and restraining. She wants her naked freedom back. Will she succumb to her life dreams of fame, and accept the uncomfortable dress code, or will she stay loyal to herself?

Oh my, the idea!
- but you need to finish chapter three!
I know, I know, but that beautiful idea! I'd really like to take it, but I don't think I have the time....:raritydespair:

Jay Sky OC
Group Admin

3704759 That would be pretty cool. Maybe tricky to put into play, but cool :rainbowkiss:

I might try it.

Jay Sky OC
Group Admin

3704964 I can't see the picture, due to school wifi. :unsuresweetie:

Jay Sky OC
Group Admin

3704982 oooh, video... :twilightblush: I thought it 'twas a picture. I couldn't tell, the school blocked it.

Jay Sky OC
Group Admin

3704991 sorry :twilightoops: It's the easiest way for me to get on this website.

Jay Sky OC
Group Admin

3705001 yes, I don't have easy access to a computer at home. But at school I have a whole library and a computer class. I also have computers in my seminar/study hall.

Jay Sky OC
Group Admin

Anywho, I have an idea that I'm pondering on for Chapter 6 of Family of Misfits. :moustache:

Sunglaze
Group Admin

3704964 i remember that episode, i know what your talking about.:twilightsmile: i would have never thought about using that for a story, nice one:twilightsmile:

I had this one concept where the government of another country is attempting genocide against an ethnic group via starvation tactics. Since diplomacy has proven fruitless, Celestia wants to invade said country and depose their government, because starving to death is a pretty horrible way to go.

The problem is that the Equestrian constitution says they can't initiate a non-defensive war unless the Equestrian church declares it consistent with their just war doctrine, and the current Grand Matriarch (basically the Pony Pope) refuses to do so since she is a die-hard pacifist.

The Mane Six get involved but find themselves divided as well - some of them don't like the idea of attacking another country, some thinks declaring war for a good cause is the right thing to do, and some don't know what to think. Celestia would like their help to convince the Matriarch to change her mind, but also wishes to respect their values.

It's meant to be a very philosophical piece with no overt "right" answers, where the point is to make the reader think about the complexities of war, pacifism, religion and righteousness. Ultimately, though, it's a bit too heavy for my personal style, and I'm a bit too lazy to write it.

Jay Sky OC
Group Admin

3705026 I know like nothing about that kind of stuff :rainbowlaugh: But if I did, I would totally try to write it. As I was reading it I was thinking of making RD one of the ponies who wanted to fight.

Yeah, it's a pretty advanced concept, which would probably require a skilled, educated and very unbiased author to pull off well. :unsuresweetie:

Jay Sky OC
Group Admin

3705049 There is no way that I am educated enough to write it :rainbowlaugh:

Jay Sky OC
Group Admin

3705049 But according to my friends in school, I have a "Natural talent" when it comes to writing.

Talent is always a good way to get started.

Thinking about things is where a lot of people run into trouble.

Jay Sky OC
Group Admin

3705063 That is very true. Half the time thinking either gets me through the writer's wall, or it screws me over and crashes me into it.

Sunglaze
Group Admin

3705027 you want me to write it? :rainbowderp:

That's not exactly what I meant, but good enough.

Jay Sky OC
Group Admin

3705110 oh, well I guess I just think weirdly :rainbowkiss:

Sunglaze
Group Admin

3705682 ok, i dony know if i can but i can try

I had a thought, what if we did joint story with each one of us giving one of our OCs up for the story. The story itself would be separate continuity from the story the characters are from. Like some sort situation causes a duplicate of one our OCs to appear in the different world that the story takes place in. How would each of the OCs respond to each other. One person writes it, but those of us that put in our OCs can suggest how the story goes and its basic premise. Any thoughts on this?

Recalled another one.

So, Scootaloo can't fly, and it's gotten to the point where they can't ignore the possibility that there is something seriously wrong with her.

She reluctantly submits to a full medical examination, but the doctors find absolutely nothing unusual about her. She has very well-developed wings for her age, is actually stronger than most pegasi foals, and her magic should be perfectly adequate to get her airborn. She is told her problem is probably psychological, but she doesn't accept that, so she asks Twilight for help.

At first Twilight agrees with the diagnosis - Scootaloo does appear to be perfectly healthy - but the princess soon starts to suspect that something if off about the whole thing when she finds that Scootaloo radiates dark magic. She calls in help from Celestia and Discord to solve the mystery and they make a startling and ominous discovery: Scootaloo is cursed. She can't fly because she literally has invisible magical chains holding her down. Worse, it's an incredibly old and powerful curse that can't be broken easily.

Scootaloo's only hope to ever fly is to find out where the curse came from* and figure out the conditions for breaking it. But now that she knows what the problem is, she is determined beat it once and for all.

*I was thinking that her bloodline was cursed by Sombra or something, but that's as far as I got.

Jay Sky OC
Group Admin

3705805 so what you're saying, is if we choose to include our OC in a story, then someone writes it and published it too, but we all converse on how we think it should go? :duck:

Jay Sky OC
Group Admin

3705832 it sounds pretty cool, and it'd make a great adventure/tragedy story too.

3705805 The problem with these sorts of ideas, is what's the payoff for the person who does all the work to write it? Writing your own OCs is fun, and writing the characters you know and love from the show is fun, but it's not necessarily fun to write other people's OCs, especially not when you also have the other people breathing down your neck about how to do it.

Not that I'm saying it's a bad idea, but I'm sure not volunteering to write that one. It sounds like a lot of work. :raritywink:

I don't write tragedies. I write stories where Tragedy is kicked to the curb by a tag-team of Stubborn Optimism and Hot Blooded Determination.

Jay Sky OC
Group Admin

3706061 im trying a tragedy, it's actually turning out well so far.

Is it a real tragedy, though? Unhappy ending and everything?

Jay Sky OC
Group Admin

3706139 i can't say much about the tragedy part, I fear I may spoil a lot :twilightblush:

But I do plan to have it be a happy ending, when it does end. But that'll take a while, I want to give each character a good amount of there own time in the story.

i can't say much about the tragedy part, I fear I may spoil a lot :twilightblush:

I really don't care about spoilers. In fact, it's generally how I decide whether or not to read a sad or tragic story. Surprises are overrated.

But I do plan to have it be a happy ending, when it does end. But that'll take a while, I want to give each character a good amount of there own time in the story.

Then you might want to change it from Tragic to Sad or Dark. Tragedies always end unhappily by definition. The FAQ even specifies that stories with that tag should never end well.

Specifically, tragedies are stories in which the protagonists meet a tragic end, usually death or utter spiritual ruin, and it's all their own fault. In a tragedy, the hero fails and destroys himself despite the best intentions, simply because people are flawed and imperfect beings. It's a kinda tricky genre to write.

Jay Sky OC
Group Admin

3706267 ah, that makes sense. It does sound quite tricky. So, that being said, I have changed "tragedy" to "sad".

3706049 I'm not that crazy either. I just thought a group project might be nice.:twilightsmile:

3706025 Well, I admit the idea is a little buggy.:twilightsheepish:

Jay Sky OC
Group Admin

3707433 I would be crazy enough to try and write it, but I don't have easy access to a computer all the time and im busy with one of my other stories right now

3707503 I know the feeling of being committed to other stories, I have few here on FiM Fiction. I also have some purely original works I've being working on and off on for a few years.

Jay Sky OC
Group Admin

3707523 nice, im planning on posting one of my original works on here. But it failed submission. The first time, and im a bit afraid to submit it again. But I will try once I think it's good enough to pass moderation.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 45