Why? 476 members · 1,771 stories
Comments ( 29 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 29

it's MY story and i don't take kindly to someone making a mockary off it, even if the writing is bad.

wlam #6 · Dec 3rd, 2016 · · 1 ·

You know, I'm not gonna do the snarky comments and mockery bit and skip right to the part where I tell it to you like it is: too fucking bad. You put your story in public where people could see it, that means you get to be exposed to public opinion about it. Sucks to be you, that's how it works. You have no more right to forbid people from saying whatever they want about your story than they have to tell you to stop writing it.

people have their opinions, i get that. but putting someone's story up on display to be insulted is wrong, it could stop someone from writing all together. how about i take your story that you worked hard on and treat it like it's nothing. it hurts, and it's annoying because there's something called consent.

wlam #8 · Dec 3rd, 2016 · · 1 ·

how about i take your story that you worked hard on and treat it like it's nothing.

You're welcome to it, once I get around to writing it. I've never done creative writing before and it'll probably be horrible.

it's annoying because there's something called consent.

You implicitly consented to being criticized on this site by posting your story on this site. This is literally how this works. If it really bothers you this much, you are free to remove it so that nobody can see it anymore, but unless you do that, this kind of thing is something you just have to live with.

i take your story that you worked hard on

your story

worked hard on

5668430 Do you think this is fascism? We have the freedom to say what we want, and if your story is put here, well, we won't give a fuck whether or not you like it.

well fuck you guys and every member of this lame group.

wlam #12 · Dec 3rd, 2016 · · 1 ·

Thank you for the offer, but I'm happily married.

5668582 I don't swing that way, I don't swing anyway...:rainbowlaugh:

I had to make the joke, sorry.

5668736 your username fits your comment exceptionally well.

Also inb4 somebody adds all of their stories to this group :trollestia:

5668789 That's a fair point. :moustache: If this group goes anything, it's attract attention to a story. Good attention though? Ehhhhhhh.

Funnily enough though, usually unless people throw a fit about it most people never care to actually look at their fics too critically off the bat. I mean you'll always have people who somehow have the free time to comment and rate on every single story that gets added here, but that's not the majority. But when people throw a fit, then it makes others who wouldn't have cared curious about why their story got added. Its kinda ironic really, by yelling "dont h8 mi storis!!1!!1!1" you only attract the attention of more people to potentially hate your stories.

5668430 knighty made it possible for people to put a story in groups. Somepony putting your story in this group fits in that functionality. If we weren't supposed to put other stories in groups, knighty wouldn't go to extra length to produce the functionality.

I added my story to this group myself lol.

Well, in your efforts to keep your story under wraps, you've only made me even more curious about it. Hurrah for the Streisand effect!

DH7

5668430 I don't even frequent this group. I'm just popping in because demanding that people not mock your story, which you've posted in the public arena, is a fundamentally stupid thing to do. You know what? I don't even like groups centered around ridiculing stories, but I'm even more annoyed by young, entitled authors who haven't yet accepted reality.

That reality being that the Internet is nobody's mother's fridge. You open yourself up to ridicule and scrutiny once you decide to post your work online. If you can't deal with that, then I would suggest waiting until you do before you submit your work publicly.

it could stop someone from writing all together.

Which is why I always try to help people through encouraging them to develop a thick-skin, rather than through praise or instructing them to ignore criticism. I stopped writing for a while, myself. That's because my motivation for writing rested on an unstable foundation. When a person's will to write is held together by a fragile sense of pride and self-worth, it's not a matter of if, but when they'll break.

Writing can be an insane, masochistic hobby. Most of the old fuckers churning out novel-length story after story in small fandoms have learned to cope with either the fact that so much work will be met with horrible reception, or none at all.

it's MY story

Which is no way entitles you to have control of what people say about.

look if you can just remove my story then we can all move on

And after all this nonsense and mockery, I going to give your story a read cuz I didn't even know what story you were talking about, hey I might give it a fav and a like as well, we see if you get a new fan lol
Can you tell me what story we are talking about in the first place, I really want to give it a read.

DH7
DH7 #22 · Dec 4th, 2016 · · 1 ·

look if you can just remove my story then we can all move on

What you seem to be getting here, is that it doesn't work that way.

i get the point but i want my story removed, it's pretty simple to understamd

wlam #25 · Dec 4th, 2016 · · 1 ·

You and about a thousand other people. It's pretty clearly not happening, so I recommend skipping to the "moving on" part of it.

5671462 I completely understand why you want to have your story removed. My very first fic "Celestia's Mistake" (Ahh... makes me cringe typing the name) was put on here and I was NOT happy about that. But it's already in about five other "bad" groups so I don't really care anymore.

Ahh... am I on my sister's account? Dammit.

By the way... my username is Aqua Drops if you want to go and pick on my first fanfic. It's fine. I don't really care.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 29