The Last Roundup 497 members · 70 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Obselescence
Group Admin

Hi guys. In this thread you can suggest stories for next week's post on Sunday 11/9/2014.

For the upcoming post, anything published after October 26 2014 is suggestable.

There are a few suggestion guidelines we'd like y'all to follow, as listed below:

-Suggested stories MUST have been posted within two week of the upcoming post on Sunday. If we’re taking suggestions for a Sunday the 27th Feature Post, you’re free to suggest any story that was published as far back as the 13th. You may not suggest a story that was published on, say, Saturday the 12th for a Sunday the 27th post.

-Suggestions are not guaranteed to be featured. Please don’t expect that they will be, or ask us why a story you suggested didn’t get featured. We’ll put up what we put up—and I mean that in the nicest possible way. We’re not going to be able to please everyone. It’s just not possible for finite beings to accomplish. We simply ask that you don’t put us in the awkward position of attempting to do so anyway by demanding answers from us.

-Suggested stories may not be written by the suggesting user. It’s nice that you think your work’s good, and want to help get it out there—no, really, it is—but this isn’t really the place to promote yourself. There are other groups out there that you can use to promote your stories. In the meantime, focus on writing a story other people would want to suggest here, or suggest another author’s work that you really enjoyed.

Please try not to down on other peoples' suggestions. You're free to discuss what you thought of someone else's suggestion, but remember that the point of this thread is to put forth stuff that you thought was good and interesting. Not to tell people that their suggestions weren't really that good or interesting.

But other than that, if you've found a recently-posted story that you thought was interesting/good/enjoyable, be sure to suggest it here and we'll be sure to check it out!

Ⓑⓤⓣⓣⓞⓝ Ⓜⓐⓢⓗ - This "choose your own adventure" story made me laugh. It is wholly ridiculous and it makes solid use of images in text. The only real downside is the extremely strange title and chapter titles, using the accursed "letters within circles" in the place of actual letters. I think it is something that more folks would enjoy checking out.

"Ultimate Power is Finally... Mine?" A humourous take on the kind of thrilling adventure stories we could expect if Celestia and Luna actually did the kind of things people keep saying they should.

I don't know if you're willing to feature any of the Button Mash fics (given Obs' s involvement in both this group and the "Buttoning"), but Button Gnash by Aquaman is really good. It features a great narrative voice for Sweetie Belle that does a great job of exploring the somewhat strange "relationship" she's developed with Button. It's an intriguing character study, and at the same time a really great comedy.

Another suggestion is A New Crop by xjuggernaughtx, which explores an alternate realty in which Big Mac has taken up boxing to support his family. This story might not be for everyone since it is quite dark and violent (this also may be one of the few fics where the slice of life tag makes the story even darker). But, the violence is neither celebrated nor gratuitous, and the characters and their values from the show are still recognizable in the alternate Equestria that the author creates. It is very well written, and xjuggernaughtx's Big Mac makes for a compelling narrator.

Csquared08
Group Admin

3763621 3767190
Hi, friends!

Thanks much for the suggestions! :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6