Golden Oak Book Club 205 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

This is waaaay late, I'm waaaay sorry, so let's get this waaaay going again! Choose a story you like, or haven't read but want to read, and let's get this ball rolling again. Also, this is our first Suggestion Thread with new admin, Bad_Seed_72. If you haven't already, go and welcome her!

Here are the usual rules:
-You may not nominate a story you have written yourself at any time. In addition, you may not nominate a story that you nominated in the previous suggestion thread; you may, however, nominate a story that somebody else nominated in the last suggestion thread.
-Sensual fiction (i.e., not outright clop) can be suggested in the non-NSFW group, but must follow site rules in discussing it.
-The length cap for normal story discussion is 100,000 words, but longer stories can be discussed in the splinter discussion thread. Stories of different length will have different time limits to read them, as well.
-The reading time allotted is seven days for 50k word stories and under, while stories between 50-100k will be given up to fourteen days.

I'll start with:

Princess Celestia is the world's most powerful economist, and Twilight Sparkle is her most promising student. But when Twilight is sent to Ponyville to oversee preparations for the summer solstice celebration, she will have her hoofs full trying to make friends and save the world from a thousand years of bad monetary policy. Along the way, she might learn an important lesson or two about economics.

by Billymorph

[Sad] [Dark] [Adventure] [Alternate Universe]

The war between Nightmare Moon and Princess Celestia has destroyed Equestria, leaving the few survivors to struggle to survive in a dying world of eternal twilight. Fluttershy, twisted by the war, now ekes out an existence in Everfree forest but even that life is under threat. Twilight Sparkle is coming, leading the last army of Dawn, and she will let nothing stop her from retrieving the Elements of Harmony and saving the world; not even old friends.

It just won The More Most Dangerouser Game. Seems like now is the best time to read it, yeah?

Whom The Princesses Would Destroy...
[Comedy] [Slice Of Life]

To Twilight Sparkle and Princess Celestia, it is a simple surprise visit to Canterlot. To the ponies of the Equestrian Civil Service, it is twenty-four hours of chaos, politics, weaponized dessert, politics, underhooved manipulation of media, politics, and things batrachian and tentacular. Who said bureaucracy isn't exciting?

"Whom the Princesses would destroy, they will first drive to madness." If anypony knows why this has become an Equestrian proverb, it would be Dotted Line.
If you like Terry Pratchett and the Discworld books, you'll love this story. If you don't know the Discworld books, you'll love this story anyway.
If you don't like the Discworld books... get out. :derpytongue2:

I submit:

[Crossover]

Twilight struggles to find meaning in the universe, which most ponies call 'the Library'.

I'd like to suggest:

For Twilight Sparkle, the increased lifespan that came with princesshood had forced her to outlive most of her beloved friends.

Centuries later, even after trying quite hard to move on, the alicorn will succumb to her innermost desire to time-travel and see her friends one last time, particularly the silver unicorn who had stolen her heart .

Twilight had only hoped to take a quick trip just to see them from afar-- no talking to anypony or meddling with time. Of course, things never always went quite as Twilight wanted, and what she thought would be a harmless short trip would turn out to be much, much more than that.

She would learn, thanks to Rarity, that centuries could be lived in but a single day.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5