Story Standards 268 members · 189 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28
Psi-nova
Group Contributor

Alrighty! I figured we should kick this off right. This thread is for staff to introduce ourselves to the community and to make people feel a little more comfortable with joining the group, making submissions and the like. I'll go first wince I've got the free time at the moment!

I'm Psi-nova. As a fellow unprofessional writer I know the pains of trying to get your work noticed and the amount of love and effort you put in what you write. That being said I also am a bit picky about what I like. I've read onoy two HiE or BiE storys I've ever liked and while I love all genres of writing I hate pointless sad fics. On the other hand I'm a huge freak for world building as my own story will show to anyone, a 18k word chapter I'm working on right now just talking about Cadence's visit to Dusk to check out Scootaloo's weak wings as well as her dealing with the emotional outcome of Shining Armor's proposal. [/self plug over]

I am a 24 hour lurker a d can be reached almost every day as I work nights and am around in the shadows at almost all times. I will take review requess but if I have more then one in the que I will likely warn you it may be a few days.

So to summarize:

Name: Psi-nova or Psi
Available: 24h, fastest by pm.
Genre: All but aggressive to flaws in HiE/BiE/Tragedy without reason.
Selfish Plug: Dusk Shine's Saga
Trigger Warnings: Almost none, no interest in ws/scat/vore.
Favorite Pony: Rarity/Luna

Hello there, Mr Psi-nova. Pleased to meet you.
My name is Weatherstorm. I'm both a lemon and a figurative chap.

Dragonborne Fox
Group Admin

3641124 I'm Dragonborne Fox, the founder and head of the group. I usually write and stick to crossovers, HiE's, OC-related, and AU stories with a side of Mature, Adventure, Sad, and Dark (someone also told me I had a very good knack for comedy). I'm trying to improve my writing, actually, as well as my drawing. :rainbowwild: As for reviewing stuffs, I'll do almost anything you throw my way (given time, that is.) Oh, and I am currently working on a novel which is a re-write of one of my earlier trainwrecks, which can be found here. I did a Let's Play of the crossover material used because someone kept asking me what said material was. :twilightsheepish: Rather than do fadfics, I stick to obscure things (and, as a result, largely get ignored...I has a sad.)

(Dammit, I made another one of this thread...:twilightoops: )

In case of TL;DR, here's the nutshell version:
Name: Dragonborne Fox
Genre: Damn near anything
Availability: Whenever IRL shenanigans don't interfere; usually 18hrs a day (bedtime schedule)
Preferred method of contact: PMs or replies to comments

Psi-nova
Group Contributor

3641554 it's all good. You can list me as reviewing everything and taking requests on the frontpage man.

3641554 Hm... I'll go lock the duplicate. I'll introduce myself in a little while.:rainbowwild:

hailspider
Group Admin

3641124 Hello! I'm hailspiderand I love writing and reading. I also like helping people out. While I am not the best writer, I am good at spotting mistakes and I have a decent vocabulary. I also spend a lot of time drawing and watching anime. (Currently Watching: Jojo's Bizzare Adventure)

Now, for here. I almost always only review stories on weekends, but I try to review more than one. I mostly go for Dark, HiE and other things that might not receive attention from the other reviewers.

And in case of TL;DR:
Name: Hailspider
Available: 24h on weekends, though I can be contacted on weekdays as well
Genre: No Idea
Preferred Method of Contact: Private Message, though I can be reached through a variety of other means as well.
Trigger Warnings: Not sure if I have any.
Fav. Pony: Applejack.

Psi-nova
Group Contributor

3641952 what about Sweetie x Scoots? The cutest ship with the tomboy?

hailspider
Group Admin

3642292 It's adorable.

Psi-nova
Group Contributor

3642520 Haha yay!

Balancer
Group Contributor

Greetings, I am Balancer the semi competent group author with hidden depths of talent that are revealed as the plot demands. :twilightsmile:

As an occasional contributor all I do is speak up when an idea finds me, I have no group powers so if you need a mod you're barking up the wrong tree. However I toss a review up here when the mode strikes me and am always open to giving writers who want it my two cents, for whatever good it may do.

If you want you story looked at and are willing to accept criticism where it is given do not hesitate to approach me. I have no strong distaste for any genera, I believe a good author can make any concept bearable so i'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Name: Balancer
Available: 24hrs, site lurker so just send me a PM and i'll get back to you at the earliest convenience

Hi there, I'm ThatWeatherstormChap. I'm not part of the staff. So then, why do I comment here, you ask? I wish to give you all...

Cookies and Milk.

Alright, I'm Smaug the golden, or just Smaug. I'm an admin here at story standards, and helped create our current approval system. I'm in charge of comedy and adventure, so I tend to review those. I also lurk in the forums, locking, un-locking, stickying and un-stickying threads as need be. I am an avid fan of world building and stories that take place before Ponyville's founding. . I might review on request, but a few things will deter or attract me. The longer the story, the more likely I'll be to read it, and I can't read mature... Anyway, feel free to contact me with any concerns or issues you may have with me or my genre.

To summarize...
Name: Smaug the golden or just Smaug
Genre: comedy, adventure
Available: I'm a wildcard here. I'm unpredictable due to being a freshman, but on weekends I'll be here.
Preferred method of contact: PM, because I see emails every time I boot up my laptop.
Favorite Pony: Discord.

trombrony98
Group Admin

Hello!

trombrony98 here! I like to consider myself the voice of reason around here, though others may beg to differ. I occasionally write stories too, and people generally seem to like them. I'm still finishing up my senior year of high school though, so I might be limited in the number of reviews I can do.

Name: trombrony98
Available: At random. If you need me, PM me.
Genre: Anything, though I have a soft spot for comedy and dark.
Preferred method of contact: PM. It gets my attention quickly since it hardly ever lights up.
Favorite Pony: Tom.

Time to introduce myself here.

The name is TheTrueDragoon. I am a reviewer for mainly adventure, crossovers, sad, and tragedy stories although I can review some others upon request. I have been reviewing for a bit now, mostly random reviews of low grade stories to help authors know where they went wrong and how to improve. I can review mature rated stories but will not review stories that center around sex or clop.

You can contact me via private message or drop a message on my profile page. I am not on all the time as I have my own stories to write and work, but I will respond and will get back to you as soon as possible. I will always receive private messages the quickest.

So then,

Name: TheTrueDragoon
Available: 24hrs via PM or close to 24hrs via message in profile. During most of the day.
Genre: Adventure, Crossover, Sad, Tragedy
Preferred method of Contact: PM for quickest response.
Favorite Pony: Luna. Always Luna.

Psi-nova
Group Contributor

3650443 Yay, love for Luna! :twilightsmile:

3650451 Best Princess, Best Pony, Best Waifu...Yay! :pinkiehappy:
No exceptions. :rainbowdetermined2:

Psi-nova
Group Contributor

3650456 Truly you are the king of kings! :yay:

I actually can post in this thread now because I have magical contrib powers.
I'm ThatWeatherstormChap. Yes, I'm a lemon. Deal with it. I can't change what I was born as. So please, no anti-citrus hate speech or racial slurs.
I don't really know what my role here is, or even if I have one. I think I'm meant to monitor the threads for spam or something. Who knows. I'm probably the worst for doing that, so there we go. Maybe I just clean the toilets.
All I do know is that cookies and milk is still available, and still damned tasty.
- TWC

Psi-nova
Group Contributor

3650631 Well lemon is a good smell to help hide the toilets reek.

Harassment makes an ass of you.

Psi-nova
Group Contributor
PrinceUniversa
Group Contributor

Hello everybody here PrinceUniversa here! I originally did reviews and critiques for fun and to assist those in need of wanting their stories reviewed. I can cover any genre and go over some of the mature rated fics for you guys and girls. Fics focusing on just the clop/sex will depend on me, I might be willing to review them or not.

If anyone wants to request a review from me, better to PM me since I respond the fastest on PMs. I do have my own stories to write so I may not always be able to review your stories. With that said, let the reviewing begin!

Elimo: Yay, books to review for everyone!

I don't even know how this came to be...

Name: PrinceUniversa
Available: On holidays, Mondays, Sundays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays 24h
Genre: Any as long as it does it well
Trigger Warning: Not one I seem to recall...
Favorite pony: I honesty don't have a favorite :twilightsheepish:
Preferred method of contact: Either by PM or contact on comments

BatwingCandlewaxxe
Group Contributor

I appear to have been drafted by Dragonborne Fox, likely on the strength of my quasi-coherent ramblings in other groups. I'm working on a number of stories of my own, but haven't published anything serious yet, just a bit of fluff.

I'll read and review most things, even clop if it doesn't get too extreme with the fetishes. I will not read crossovers unless I'm already a fan of the crossover world for what should be obvious reasons, and Displaced is cancer.

My current non-pony obsessions are James Joyce, Warhammer 40k, Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou, and Sir David Attenborough's nature documentaries.

Name: BatwingCandlewaxxe
Available: Randomly, most often on weekends
Genre: Almost anything, no crossovers unless I'm already a fan, no extreme clop; prefer slice of life
Trigger Warnings: Displaced
Preferred method of Contact: PM, since I try to check those throughout the day when work is slow
Favorite Pony: Pre-ascension Twilight is best pony, and Luna is best princess.

DuskPhoenix
Group Admin

Hey there! I also seem to have been among the drafted, but I'll do my best to help this group for as long as it takes to get it back on its feet. :twilightsmile: I've published a few stories, the majority of which are now over two years old and which I have to near-constantly force myself not to remove from the site and light on fire. I'm an aspiring artist, experienced singer, casual writer, competitive Pokemon player, and unhelpfully scatterbrained perfectionist.

I'll review almost anything. The only thing I won't review would be mature stories of a sexual nature, partially because I tend not to search for that genre and therefore don't believe I could give it a fair critique, and partially because I don't quite want to read that kind of story. By almost anything, I mean that I will review fadfics, fixfics, dark/gore stories, crossovers, and jokefics. I try to review based on the quality of a work by itself without including bias from trends and the like.

Name: shinygiratinaz
Available: Most afternoons (MST) and weekends.
Genre: Any but mature stories of a sexual nature
Trigger Warning: I take this section as a challenge
Favorite pony: Uhhh, Lyra I suppose
Preferred method of contact: Please PM me or reply to a comment of mine so that I'm notified of your attempt to contact me!

ActionPony
Group Admin

Hi. I'm ActionPony, and I'm an admin now. I enjoy reading whatever catches my fancy. I don't need perfect grammar to enjoy a story, but it's a nice thing to have and I'm always ready to correct and nitpick. I dislike tragedy for personal reasons, so I'm usually going to stay far away from that.

Me, in a list:

Name: ActionPony
Available: Most of the time, but my schedule is somewhat unpredictable
Genre: Any aside from Horror and Tragedy, and I most like Fantasy and Comedy
Favorite pony: Twilight Sparkle
Preferred method of contact: PM, contact via comments

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28