Library of Trivial Lore and Other Things 122 members · 280 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

This is a discussion on the architecture of the towns you do not see in the show. (I.e. Trottingham, Saddle Arabia, Fillydelphia, etc.) Two of my stories have links to Trottingham, so I have started to establish a look for the town.
Please post links to your stories with unseen towns in them, so everyone can see your take on the look of it.

3983663 Do made up towns count? 'Cause Sketchaholic's Nickerlite has become the unofficial town of Pinkie's family for almost all of us CheesePie shippers. There's plenty of stories set there. :eeyup:

4129084 I would say so. Any towns count, really, but I would like to see other towns how other fans see them, just as reference and to help my lack of creativity. :twilightblush:

3983663 Hazzah. Well, I haven't written much in the way of canon towns, but I have a short set in Sketchaholic's Nickerlite. Nickerlite is the CheesePie fanon town home to Pinkie's family. Presenting A Slice of Humble Pie. If you want more interpretations of Nickerlite, Sketcha's long running CheesePie The Rock Farmer's Daughters is a great place to dive in.

(*nods*) I adopted Nickerlite as the biggest town near the Pie Rock Farm, and merged it with South-Dunnich, a village which I had already established as being even closer to the actual farm, in my fanon. South-Dunnich is a LIghter and Softer version of Lovecraft's fictional town of Dunwich, from The Dunwich Horror, with the Pies as good guys taking the role of the Whateleys.

I came up with economy of Hoofington for one of my stories. Starting from its location: east from Canterlot, where the rail tracks split between Fillydelphia and Baltimare.

Similalrly to Ponyville, Hoofington lies on the edge of the Everfree Forest, but the river and rail crossing make it an important trade hub (also, Rambling Rock Ridge is a natural barrier between the Everfree and the town). Its railway station is bigger than the town itself, with lots of magazines, warehouses, and train depots scattered around. Some of them are old and abandoned, inhabited by various shadowy characters. There's also a harbour on the river. Steamships travel from there to Baltimare and back, transporting various goods from the western part of Equestria or from Baltimare (or rather, from overseas, since Baltimare is a port). The town mostly consists of tenement houses and several residences of rich merchants and ship owners.

4226051 shady trade city... I like it! Thanks for your input!

Nag-a-saki?
A japanese based city - persumably where Rainbow Dash learned karate before Season 1?

Does that sound alright?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8