Library of Trivial Lore and Other Things 122 members · 280 stories
Comments ( 68 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 68

Pump It Up here. I like to edit, draw, and write. I write mostly comedic and slice of life stories. I think I write Pinkie and Twilight the best out of the Mane 6.

Uh, I guess that's it for now.

Noble Thought
Group Admin

Welcome! Glad to have you with us.

I'm CptBrony.

I'm a military geek, and one of the things I like to try in my stories is to build the militaries of the pony universe according to my own image. Specifically, special operations units. I try to build the geography of a land in such a way that it contributes to the culture of factions in the story, like making the lands of the gryphons in one story similar to Afghanistan, and trying to match the gryphon culture to that region as best I can. I write HiE stories, but may branch out eventually. And I like to invent a history to go wih factions, regions, and individuals in the story to explain why certain things are happening without making them plot points. For example, in one of my stories, the character must go to the gryphon region, which is hostile to Equestria, and I explained the hostility by briefly addressing a war between Equestria and the Southern Gryphon Colonies years before.
If I don't make an effort to explain the little things, I go mad. I actually have a series planned to explain some of the lore in my existing stories. It's important to know the history in a story, and I do my best to build a world for my readers.

Noble Thought
Group Admin

Good to have you!

3311708 Quite probably, I'll end up there at some point, especially if I end up publishing that "History of the Elements" thing I started a while back. :derpytongue2:

...WHICH WOULDN'T BE "AU" AT ALL, if that verdammt Tree of Harmony hadn't shown up...

Im Bluemoon1996, your resident Texan-turned-changling who has disguised himself as a human:pinkiehappy:

I have my own silly headcanon

Im also a really big Transformation fic fan, a huge fallout nerd, and a WW2 enthusiast:eeyup:

'Ello there, name's GhostWriter. I'm honestly not very active on FiMFiction, due to having so much to keep up with until the coming of summer vacation. Even so, I'm pretty easy to get along with (though I leave that to you all to be decided as fact or fiction).
I really don't read much fanfiction. And by that, I mean I might read into another story once in a purple moon. Why purple? Because blue moons happen far more often, and I'm sure that the moon might be a bit purplish during one of those times. It's probably also made of cheese. Purple cheese does exist, y'know!
Point being, though, me reading fanfics is a rare occurrence, as is me writing. I have only one fiction I call my own, and naturally it is one that isn't complete. Even so, I fully intend to finish it. If you're bored and curious, it's free to read it! I only charge money to criticize it. :pinkiehappy:

Anyways, noticed this group today and decided I needed to join up. I have quite a bit of lore to share, although it may not be considered very trivial. But that can remain to be seen!

Noble Thought
Group Admin

Glad to have you both! I'm surprised the group is still trending! Apparently this idea has a little more weight to it than I thought.

Ive always been a lore nerd:twistnerd:

I never intended to have an interest in lore, but in writing my one story I've managed to design and/or incorporate a bunch of lore. What didn't exist, I made up very meticulously. What did exist, I tried to connect together anyways for the sake of depth. I look forward to when I can share some of this with everyone.

My name is Wildluigi77777. My first ever story was written at age 8, featuring Nintendo characters. I just started writing stories featuring original characters. People often respond positively to my stories, going as far as nearly a whole website having nothing but positive comments on my stories. I've loved writing for a while now. I have a vast array of characters, both strange and unique. The characters I use the most include Wild, Lucian, Chrono, and Darkblithe, those four being the subjects of many of my writings. I'll describe a little bit about my characters here.

Wild is usually the main antagonist but has recently taken to the role of a hero. Being an element of Darkness, he's inherently evil, but easily persuaded to take the side of hero. The real Wild has a core in place of his heart, which gives him enhanced power. Wild is the second strongest character in my arsenal, his attack and defense only beaten by Darkblithe's. He plays an important role in The Elemental Bloodline. In part one, which is just a collection of writings, he underwent a massive transformation, starting from full on antagonist, to the only thing keeping humanity from extinction.

Chrono is usually the main protagonist. If he's not protecting Serencia from Wild, or his corrupt counterparts, he's offering wisdom to a protagonistic Wild. He is the God of Time and the second fastest in my arsenal, bested only by Darkblithe. In The Elemental Bloodline, his wife is murdered by a corrupt Wild, a different Wild than who I described. Out of rage, he kills Wild and breaks his core, the Death Moon. Upon breaking, he unknowingly released an ancient moon, the likes of which has only been seen once by humanity. Upon rising, it looms in the sky, causing the Dead to rise. They're not zombies, more like, walking corpses with actual minds. And it's up to Chrono to protect humanity from the moon for 104 days.

Lucian, the God of Light, is Chrono's right hand man. He is more used to using magic to fight, his magical prowess beaten only by Darkblithe. He doesn't have much of a role in The Elemental Bloodline, being just a scientist. His intellect is only matched by Wild.

Darkblithe, the ultimate evil. He is better than the team in every way (minus intellect, having the intelligence of a caveman compared to Wild and Lucian). He is the strongest being in the universe, being the God of Darkness. With bits and pieces of the heroes floating inside of him, he had no known weaknesses, but always ends up being defeated by Wild and Lucian coming up with a strategy. He is a major obstacle in the entirety of The Elemental Bloodline, having died a total of 53 times to the heroes. His secret to revival rests in his core, the Flaming Infinity.

Before you ask what business this has doing here, this is me. These characters are me. And they have every right to be here.

Minds Eye
Group Admin

Whoops, sorry that I missed this post for so long. Welcome to the group!

Greetings, I'm Rune Dancer. I have a crazy interest in myth lore and legends of cultures of all kinds but I specialize in Norse and Greek Mythology. I've considered starting writing again and when I saw this group it made me nostalgic for my early stories that wrote from the perspective of a old storyteller. Hope I can be of help!

3410089 Welcome. Welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Hi, I'm Keam.

I'm a dedicated brony/pegasister hailing from the cold lands of Sweden and if you didn't get it, I'm a female. What I do on this site is shipping, writing, reading,talking. I love talking. PM me if you eant to, I'll answer soon. Oh, and I'm an artist.

I came here for discussing stuff and maybe show off stuff sbout my story.

Name: Impossible Numbers
Affiliations With FiM: Casual fan of the show and some online fan material, who occasionally dabbles in fanfiction
Likes: Getting lost in ideas for stories, fictional cultures, and creating and directing characters
Also likes: Reading fantastic comedies, like the works of Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams, and P.G. Wodehouse.
Also also likes: Most, if not almost all, of Seasons One and Two; Roughly half of Season Three; Some of Season Four; Opening of Season Five
Doesn't mind: Dark or sad stories; Some romance
Not interested in: Grimdark (at least explicit stuff like excessive or extreme gore and violence); "Mature"; Shipping in most of its incarnations
Interests in this Group: Background ponies; History; Myths; Origin Stories; Technology
How I found this Group: I stumbled across this group when I was reading contest entries for the World Building Alliance for the April/May 2015 Contest. I noticed that one of the stories was featured here, and seeing the group's name, I was intrigued. I was already a member of the Equestrian Historical Society and WBA, and this group supplements my interests in those two groups perfectly. Once I read the description and looked at the folders, I was sold!
What I intend to get out of this Group: Opportunities to expand on details not central or relevant to the EHS or WBA, and also to expand my interests in the other topics that didn't immediately capture my interest, such as architecture, clothing, and the future. As I've discovered while writing, the little details can be hugely important in getting a scene right, which leads to an interest in the little details themselves!
Closing Comment: It looks like I'm the 100th member. I think this group should have more members, as it looks interesting and would nicely complement the other world-building groups. Here's to the group's future!

I am R3D4K73D.

I'm not really the "wordy" type, so I don't speak much in any form of media.

I am a dabbler in the art of storytelling, having only officially started writing fanfiction for this site recently, which, in and of itself, was a couple years after becoming a member.

In any case, I enjoy acquiring various (often trivial) information.

I hope to be able to enjoy this group as much as the stories on this site.

Hello, I'm Evil and I'm alcoholic-

Dammit, wrong place!

But seriously, I'm Evil and I tend to go for either humourous shorts or the slow burn serious long stories with a small dash of smut here and there.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 68