Adda's Bookshelves 69 members · 1,852 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
Adda le Blue
Group Admin

If you think of a story that I should read (or one that I really, really shouldn't) and you don't feel that simply adding it to the group is enough, go ahead and share the link here! If you really want to catch my eye, though, I'd appreciate a bit of detail. Why did you like it so much? What makes it the worst story ever? How does it stand out among the nearly two hundred thousand stories on this site? Let me know!

I also accept non-pone suggestions, but I should warn you that there are very few fandoms that I'm into enough to read fanfiction about them. In the case of professionally-published stories, funds are an issue and I can't promise that I'll ever get around to them unless my local library can help me out. :twilightsheepish: We'll just have to see.

Noble Thought
Group Contributor

From looking over your list of stories in the Not Read folder, I have two reccomendations that are not my own right away.

1. Princess Twilight Sparkle's 500th Birthday.
I have no idea how Autumnschild managed it, but I actually felt happy reading this story about an immortal Twilight, along with all of the feels that went along with her outliving her friends. I felt sad, yes, but this is a story that shows she has a life, she enjoys that life, and she has friends and a new student. She does miss her friends, yes, but she cherishes the fond memories, and has made an effort to stay connected with their descendants. This is, honestly, the best portrayal of immortal Twilight that I've come across. I'm working my way through the sequels now. There are two.

Highly recommended.

2. I'm Not Gay
This one struck a chord with me immediately. I'm a demi, like Twi. It's pretty well written, even if it does get kinda 'telly' about the different orientations, but also does a good job of 'showing' Rainbow's orientation, to the point where I knew what she was from about the sixth or seventh paragraph.

Moderately recommended - perhaps only because of my own personal interest in it. It's still a decent read and gives an interesting alternate exploration of the character's sexualities without getting cloppy.

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

Thanks for the advice! I think 'I Am Not Gay' has a lot of potential, but I'm not sure how the dark tag will affect that. The other caught my interest the day it was featured. It's about time I get around to reading it. :twilightsheepish:
You know, I'm still nowhere near done transferring stories from my RL list to this group. Apparently there's a limit on the number of times you can add to one in a given period of time. Oh well... Four hundred fifty or so to go!

Noble Thought
Group Contributor

I'd recommend "A Twixie Clopfic" to you. It's cute, funny, and while it does flanderize Twilight to a small degree, it still keeps her mostly in character during their roleplay. Trixie is also similarly adorable, and she's the character whose head you'll live for this short little raunchy romp.

Is fun. Was a good read and well written.

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

Oh, look at this... Now you're trying to convert me into a Twixie shipper, hm? Well, I'm already a fan of both Twidash and Twijack... Polyamory for everypony! :pinkiehappy:

Hm... You know, I can see them meshing decently if Trixie gets over her ego and accepts that Twilight Sparkle is her equal *coughcough*, and 'roleplay' sounds promising in more ways than one. Perhaps now is not the time for a story such as this, but I'll let you know what I think of it when I can. Thanks for the recommendation!

Oh dear... One more until I hit 900 in my RL list.

Noble Thought
Group Contributor

Rainbow Dash Ships Twilight With Everything in the Universe!

I actually like Twixie a lot... I like Trixie, quite a lot. I'm sure my examination of her character showed that I feel like she got a raw deal in life, but she's trying to make the best of it... in her own flawed way.

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

I've always liked Trixie, but your examination deepened those feelings. As you said, she has the heart of a hero; I feel that she just doesn't know how to be one. She seems to think that heroism is about power when it's often quite the opposite.

Whoops, I got distracted and found another story. 'Octavia Hates Her Toothpaste' makes 900!

The Lovely Bones: Afterlife Of A Murdered Pegasus, This is the fic that got me into twidash, there's not much twidash because it's not a Romance fic but I really liked the little bits of it, there is also a sequill to it that was recently released.

3294679 oops forgot to hit reply.^^^^

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

Thanks for the suggestion! I don't know what I think of the story just going by its description - one like this has to straddle the thin line between too much angst and not enough emotion - but it's Doctor Perseus. I'm sure it'll be worth a look.

3294679 I found these to fics to be really good from what I've read of them,
Winds Of Change, the first chapter of this one is heavy on the feels.
Mirror's Image, this one go's pretty deep into how a Changeling Hive works.

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

Ooh! Good finds. I always get a little too excited when I see a story that's over one hundred thousand words long, haha. Thanks for the tip, Timelord!

I'm sorry for self promoting, but I added A Mother and a Hero. "Why should I read it," you may ask, well here's why.

The story is a sad slice of life story featuring Ditzy Doo (Derpy) and her daughters. After a cold rainy day, Ditzy tells her daughter Dinky a secret that has been kept from her most of her life. The truth about her father.

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

Self-promotion is fine in moderation, hon, especially if your stories are worth the time! :twilightsmile: I've got to level with you, though: Not including the ones my boyfriend reads me over the phone, I've read... um... maybe two stories in the last month. Things have gotten a bit cray-cray on my end. I'll definitely keep it in mind and I'll let you know what I think of it when I can. Thanks for your patience! :twilightsheepish: I hope you won't have to be too patient.

3616937 Okay, fair enough. Have a wondrous day.

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

Aww! You too. :pinkiehappy:

3294679 Hello, I'm here to recommend to you two of my stories, one a sequel to the other and both re-writes of two of my earlier works. You see, I'm one of those under-appreciated authors, and I honestly thought you'd like to at least give my works a try. This is the first, and I have recently completed it. It has, by Fimfiction standards, 108 chapters, including the intro and epilogue. This is because many of the chapters are split in parts, simply to avoid breaking pacing too much. If you want a dark comedy adventure with crossover elements you've probably not come across before, then this is for you.

Now for the aforementioned sequel. Recently-published, and with just one chapter, this will be updated either regularly or irregularly. I'd heavily recommend reading the prequel first, just to get to know the setting and whatnot. I'm not sure how long this will be, though I do have suspicions it will be just as long, if not longer than, its prequel.

You're in for one helluva ride, Adda. I hope you enjoy the roller coaster or words. :raritywink:

So I'm gonna be frank, I am doing some self-promotion, so I might be a little bias. But one thing I cannot STAND is the general lack of writing skills and unwillingness to improve among writers on this site. Complete misunderstanding of how people talk and lazy way of describing events. That's why I've been adamant about telling a story with characters and situations that feel real, with real emotion and trying to understand those emotions. Sure there's been one or two bumps, but I've spent my time trying to correct those mistakes as I go.

Yes, I AM quite pretentious, but please bear with me.

Emerald Fires is a story held in an alternate universe where Equestria's distant past has been all but forgotten, lost due to a disastrous event that almost destroyed everything. And after 9,000 years, a sole survivor from that period resurfaces; Novis. This is the first fanfic I've ever written and it's given me the skills to start writing actual novels, but I still come back to this story regularly. It's my baby, and I treat it as such, nurturing it and letting it grow into something that I'm both proud of and happy to have entertained others who continuously read it, all of whom have applauded my ability to delve them into the world I've created.

If you decide to give it a shot I'd be delighted to have you. I'm about to upload the 19th chapter in a few days which would make it perfect. Hope to hear from you soon.

-A. B. Cash

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18