The League of Cuddles 422 members · 237 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

In one of my favorite (second-person) stories, there's a scene where Applejack, while cuddling the human reader, presses the top of her mane into the reader's chin, as they're in a vertical honeymoon hug with the pony at the top. Adorable, and then it got me thinking... about how AJ is lucky to be an Earth pony there.

Like, due to their horns, I would imagine that unicorns are locked out of doing that while cuddling. The other participant would get poked. And I don't think it's just that position either. Imagine being spooned by a unicorn, or honeymoon hugging them while you're both on your sides and facing each other. Whenever I imagine cuddling with anypony who happens to be a unicorn, I can't get this aspect out of my mind.

It's not that unicorns can't cuddle, I'd just imagine they're more restricted in what they can do and the participants have to be more mindful. Whatever species the other participant is, both of them can't exactly just go plopping themselves into whatever cuddle they feel like.

Not to mention that G5 horns seem to be extra long, and I find Izzy Moonbow to be super adorable and a great cuddling candidate. For her, because her horn is so long, I can't help but imagine she'd choose to wear some kind of padding or cushion over it.

What do you think? Have you got any ideas to accommodate this, or something?

Given that grew up with horns, I would guess that unicorns are very aware of where their horn is at all times and don't have to think about positioning It to not be in the way; they do it subconsciously.

7628095 Do you remember the scene in the show where Twilight introduces Celestia to her friends and Twilight cuddles with Celestia?

Good point. Maybe it is subconscious to them

I don't remember; which episode is that from?

7628105 It's this one:

However, the part where Twilight pokes out Celestia's eye and the part where Luna stabs Celestia in the neck are censored out.

Well, if you're going to do something where your horn would get in the way, first you have to retract it!

Then go ahead and do what you wanted to that your horn would've been a problem for.

(Though, you know, it's better to just get equipment that's actually designed for unicorns and not worry about it...)

--Sweetie Belle

Helmet should surround the horn, not have a hole for it. If she hits anything too hard for the horn to stick into, it's coming out the back of her head.

:rainbowlaugh: That's exactly it! Rely on errors and overlooks in the animation! :rainbowlaugh:

It's probably also worth mentioning that horns don't always have to be hard.

--Sweetie Belle

That too. While the instance pictured here happened because of an infection with Poison Joke, there is a scene from "Amending Fences" where filly Lemon Hearts got her head stuck in a beaker (or whatever it is), and her horn was bent. So I guess it is canon that their horns aren't completely solid, but I don't know, my mind just can't seem to get around to that. It makes no sense whatsoever.

And sometimes it's definitely hard, too, like when Rarity is getting her horn filed.

And, of course, deer shed their antlers every year...

--Sweetie Belle

7628293 Sometimes, hard is good.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13