Daring Do 630 members · 479 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

Think about it. It makes perfect sense! Daring and Rainbow Strike, Rainbow's dad, first met when they became partners in archeology. They spent a lot of time together obviously and over time, they just stole each other's hearts. They got married and she got pregnant with Rainbow Dash.

Not long after Rainbow Dash was born, they set up an archeology sight around the temple that held the tomb of Ahuizotl, and brought their baby daughter with them. The ancient legend said that Ahuizotl had been imprisoned in the tomb 3,000 years ago, but if somepony ever looked into his eyes, he would reawaken. Everypony on the sight wanted to play it safe, but Daring was so sure that it was just a myth, so she decided to test it. She had never been more wrong in her life.

Ahiuzotl awoke and began threatening Equestria (which somehow always fell under Celestia's radar). Together, Strike and Daring stopped him, but they knew it wouldn't be permanent and they couldn't let Rainbow get involved. One of them would have to take her somewhere safe to raise and take care of her while the other would continue to keep Equestria safe from Ahuizotl. Since Daring felt that Ahuizotl was her responsibility, she insisted that Strike be the one to raise and take care of Rainbow. And that's just what he did.

For years, Daring explored the wild uncharted regions of Equestria, going head to head Ahuizotl and defeating him every time. But she couldn't forget about her husband and daughter. She felt bad that she would never get to help take care of her and watch her grow up and that she might never get to know her mom. So she started writing stories about her adventures and publishing them as books.

She always hoped that one day Rainbow would read them and maybe find something out about her. But she published them under an alias so she'd think Daring Do was fake and not come looking for her.

That's why she kept trying to get rid of Rainbow Dash before, insisting that she worked alone. And when she's not fighting Ahuizotl or writing her books, she's looking for a way to erase her mistake and trap Ahuizotl back in his tomb for good so that hopefully someday she could go back to her family.

What do you guys think? I would've made this into a full-fledged fanfic, but I couldn't come up with a good enough catalyst that wouldn't distract from the mother-daughter explanation moments.

That's a pretty cool concept. I'd heartily recommend turning that into a proper story if you find the time, motivation, and inspiration to flesh it out.

I've already accepted this headcanon, but damn it, I'm gonna accept it again.

2857094 if it is the case, maybe it would explain a few things.

Please make this into a real fic! I would totally read it, and it sounds amazing!

2856871 It would work. It also may very well be that Yearling does not want RD to find out she is her daughter, for fear of Ahuizotl finding out in turn and targeting RD. As for Ahuizotl staying under Celestia's radar, it could be one of his special powers to be invisible to other immortals - they may remember his deeds but they do not remember his involvement in them.

2856871 Damn. that's gonna make it harder to finish the story i was working on. It's a good headcanon and i think would work.

2856871 oh. that headcanon can work with the story i'm writing, though i will be making me own twist with Ahuizotl. The twist, at least for my story? he's really Discord, a piece that was able to free himself long ago from the stone prison and tried to go back in time to stop celestia and luna, only to turn into the form later named Ahuizotl and trapped within that temple.

Despite having been discord, his memories have faded so he thinks of himself as Ahuizotl. however, after the adventure where Dash joined Daring, something begins to stir in his mind, until he remembers everything, along with the powers locked within. he merges with Discord, returning the dragoneques to his proper power, but the memories of friendship stop him from going evil again.

Ever notice that discord has a hand on his tail, just like Ahui

That's how it'll be in my fic at least. any other fic i write daring and dash interacting in, i'll keep your original headcanon (now my head canon save slightly different thanks to the discord thing) in mind

i would like links to storys like that

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14