Gun Club 760 members · 353 stories
Comments ( 49 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 49

We all love Sci Fi, but in a veritable sea of lasers and particle beams; bullets tend to get overlooked.
Well not anymore, post what you think is the Best Projectile Weapon in Science Fiction.
This means no lasers, particle beams, blades (unless it's some kind of knife-gun), or anything larger than an infantry weapon.
And please, defend your choice.

My vote is for a weapon most of you never heard of, Star Trek's TR-116. Starfleet Officer not included

This ambidextrous rifle was developed by Starfleet to function in environments that prevented the use of phasers and fires a tritanium (AKA Starship Hull) bullet.
Where it really shines is when it was modified with a micro-transporter, which beams the bullet to only 8-9 centimeters from its target after leaving the barrel, and a targeting sensor that allows the user to scan through walls and target victims anywhere.

EdBoii
Group Admin
EdBoii #2 · May 8th, 2014 · · 1 ·

3263938 Nuclear slingshots.

They're perfect for hitting zombies in the testicles, because otherwise they'll rape you and you die.

All forms of the RYNO.
GG I win.

:ajbemused: Not everyone knows what you are talking about.

What's that from?

EdBoii
Group Admin

Okay, now defend your position.

I don't need to defend it as this gun defends it for me.
http://ratchet.wikia.com/wiki/RY3NO

"generates a spectacular energy blast that obliterates anything foolish or unlucky enough to be caught in its path"

it could instantly kill all non-boss enemies

energy blast

:ajbemused: This weapon is disqualified on the grounds that it is not a projectile weapon.
And I am not reading the entire wiki page.

EdBoii
Group Admin

3263981 Ha! Mine wins!

RYNO V then.
The RYNO V operated by releasing a number of rockets towards its target(s). While firing the weapon, it played the 1812 Overture, a classic Tchaikovsky piece that's known for using cannon fire as part of its music.[1] The RYNO V mainly launched hails of bullets in a spraying formation but, in tune with the 1812 Overture, it launched a missile (similar to the Negotiator) from the center barrel of the gun while the outer barrels sprayed bullets in a similar fashion to two overlapping miniguns.

This isn't an actual contest. This is just a place where we can post our favorite sci-fi projectile weapon and talk about them.

EdBoii
Group Admin

3263990 Nah. Mine wins!

EdBoii
Group Admin

3263997 What? Is there an age limit to enter this contest?

No, I just want to know how to talk to you since you are acting like a "super-edgy" ten year old.

EdBoii
Group Admin

Is it too much to ask that one of my threads stays on topic?

EdBoii
Group Admin

3264023 Not when IG arrives to wreck the day, young man. I am afraid that you've just been visited by the Saint Patron of Derailment.

That is why I tried to avoid replying to your comments. I thought it would delay the inevitable.

EdBoii
Group Admin

3264032 Ha!

lolno

3263938 does the landshark gun count?

Is it a Projectile Weapon and is it featured in the Science Fiction genre?

3264207 yes and yes.

Id also like to admit the Girlfriend Cannon and the Sandwich launcher, although i made those up.

Then it is allowed.
----
:trollestia: Aren't those the same thing?

3264217 one stimulates your tastebuds, the other stimulates your wallet and di...

*sigh*
Please identify your weapon of choice and explain why it is the best. I'm getting real tired of having to explain that.

From 1d4chan,

The preferred weapon of Space Marines (in the grim darkness of the far future).

The bolter, along with the flamer, lasgun, and chainsword, is one of the most famous weapons in the Imperium. It is sometimes called the "holy bolter" because Space Marines have been warrior monks since forever. (Meaning after First Edition.)

Seriously: What the hell GW?

In all seriousness, a bolter or "boltgun," is a powerful antipersonnel weapon that fires miniaturized armor-piercing rocket-enhanced bullets (called "bolts") that have a delayed impact fuse.The bolter undergoes multiple stages in order to fire the bolt, one of those is a solid propellant in order to project the round from the weapon in a similar manner to a conventional weapon before the rocket-booster kicks in, thus giving it greater damage capacity in close quarters. What this means, in layman's terms, is that the projectiles it fires are designed to punch through armor and then explode, causing considerable, if not immediately fatal damage to whatever the thing hits, since whoever's hit is usually blown the hell apart.

So that's what a bolter is...

3264320 You've really never heard of Warhammer 40,000?

I don't do GrimDark.

I present the M68 Asynchronous Linear-Induction Motor, more commonly known as the M68 Gauss Cannon.

This almost OP, semi-automatic, Warthog mounted turret fires massive 25x130mm slugs with a 750 round storage, and can propel these monstrous shells at approximately 13,611.6 m/s (just under mach 40) up to eight kilometers with deadly accuracy.

Unfortunately, severe hearing damage will occur at any distance less than twenty meters away without proper protection.

I CAN'T HEAR YOU. I WAS NINETEEN METERS AWAY FROM A GAUSS GUN WHEN IT FIRED.

GOD DAMNIT, DUDE! WHY DIDN'T YOU READ THE MANUAL!?

I DID, JENKINS FIRED TOO SOON.

*growls under breath* Jenkins...!

3265345 FIRING TOO SOON IS ALSO WHY HE DOESN'T HAVE A SIGNIFICANT OTHER.

3265351 No offense your Popeness, but that looks like a M1A that was raped by a Tapco catalog. :pinkiesick:

3265580 Oh, well in that case carry on. *tips hat* :rainbowlaugh:

Seriously, some of the shit people came up with back then is just monty python levels of silly. Then again the 90's had the OICW beast. Spain has their retarded future soldier program where the guy is in 900# of gear...

in the end, politics and engineering a good weapon for soldiers should never mix.

boredhooman
Group Contributor

That's literally a prototype L85 though

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 49