The Admin's Group 204 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Anyone ever made a group, made a person you trust an admin, and come on the next day to find out that they removed your admin abilities and changed it completely? Or am I the only one?

7199139 Usually if you founded the group, you can't have admin rights removed. The group founder normally can't be banned or demoted, if memory serves.

So something in this statement is fishy.

That happens sometimes to preserve funny groups like this one: https://www.fimfiction.net/group/199334/radical-larry-is-a-cool-motherfucker

wait, really? Because a person nagged my group from my alt account. (That account had gotten banned). I was on it on this account, and my alt wasn't on the admin list.

7199152 Okay.

The account that is listed as a group founder cannot be banned or removed by another admin. If I promoted you to admin on one of the groups I founded, you could mess up a lot of people's accounts on that group, but not mine.

The only people who can change who is the group founder of a group (any group) is a site moderator.

If your alt account got banned, it is possible that the site moderators would have moved the status of group to one of the other admins in order to keep the group functional (likely upon request of one of the other admins), since you returning to admin the group and request the status of group founder be returned to you would not go so well on account of you effectively evading a ban, which is against site rules, and therefore isn't really a great idea.

Have I understood the situation properly?

you returning to admin the group and request the status of group founder be returned to you would not go so well on account of you effectively evading a ban, which is against site rules, and therefore isn't really a great idea.

The account got banned because it was a voting alt, I should've made that more clear, to begin with, sorry.

If your alt account got banned, it is possible that the site moderators would have moved the status of group to one of the other admins in order to keep the group functional

That makes more sense. It was probably a site moderator then.

I'll personally say that I've gotten the site moderators to do this for me many times. If I see that the founder has been permabanned, or they appear to have left the site, I will get the founder moved over to me and take over the group, unless another admin wants to run the group.

First off, having the founder moved to the person currently running the group lets people know who to contact when they need an admin.

Second, the founder can delete the group, and moving who it is lessens the chances of it getting randomly deleted some day.

Third, if someone's account gets deleted from fimfiction, any groups they were the founder of go away as well, and if someone leaves fimfiction and then comes back, they may very well be coming back just to have their account deleted.

(I've had both of the last two scenarios happen. I managed to get knighty to save the group in the third case.)

One issue here might be that whoever took over the group really doesn't have much of a way of knowing that you're the alt of the founder, unless you've previously told them, so I could see them being a little reluctant to give you admin rights without being sure you are who you say you are...

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7