Masterpiece Collection 96 members · 245 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Since this group's a space for writers to share what they consider their best work, having a thread within it for discussing those stories we've submitted to the group seems only sensible. To anyone who's submitted a story here, what story did you submit? What's it about, and what inspired you to write it? What about it makes you regard it as your masterpiece?

I personally submitted The Devil's Details, my only FiM story thus far (still in-progress at the time of writing and likely to remain so for unnumbered aeons). It's an OC-centric adventure across the vast and dangerous continent outwith Equestria, containing a great deal of worldbuilding and elaboration on the history of Equestria's world. As mentioned, it's the first FiM fanfic I've ever written, though I've been writing on Fanfiction.net for several years before. And while not complete, the fact that I've been working on the details of it for over two years and the large scope of the plot leave me hopeful that it'll be the least-worst thing I've written yet.

Toric
Group Admin

I've actually posted my only story here, but it falls along some very similar lines. Fickle WInds is an alternative universe fic that also does a lot of world-building, though it hasn't quite reached that point just yet. It's centered around a few OC's--one in particular more than the others--as they become integrated into the main cast. I admit it's romantic/shippy, especially what's finished so far, but it's not even close to done.:pinkiehappy:

Wow, looks like this group mostly attracts first timers, for I am also in a process of finishing up my first novel: Darkness in Sweetie Belle. An adventure fic focusing on Sweetie Belle's darker side.

I submitted my OC's personal story, The Poncho Chronicles: Clyde, that ties in with the ongoing series I've been working on.

Basically, my character goes through life, mostly being lonely, so he runs away to find solace somewhere else. There he meets his best friend and throughout it, his other friends. He eventually meets Rarity and the others and he starts to fall in love with her.

I only have the first part of the story done, but I'm working on finishing the series first so then I can focus solely on Clyde's story.

A few weeks ago, I submitted P.O.N.Y: Police Operative and Nonpareil Youths, a story whose concept I was developing for a year. Considering I was trying to write a story that managed to combine MLP with a political thriller, and had to create something that both took itself extremely seriously and was ridiculously over the top, in the form of an HBO television show, while trying to make it interesting to read from a character-building point of view, I say it's going pretty well, so far.

Even if everyone hates it for some reason, and it's only halfway done. Meh...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5