Quorum of Canon 17 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

And here it is

So - vote away! I need to look over the chapter just to refresh my memory of how things went, and also to take into account any edits that were made after it was decided that Siege couldn't be canonized.

EDIT
For the moment, I've added it to the "Miscellaneous" folder, so as to get it some advertising and views. Should have done that earlier...

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

3142131 I'm all up for it myself! :twilightsmile: Looks like it's gonna be good! Hope my timeline was useful.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Given that Oatan is arguably the best contribution ever made to the Lunaverse, I'd almost be willing to give Guyvex a pass to write anything he god damn wants without any scrutiny or oversight whatsoever. That said part of what made Oaton so great was that he listened to and incorporated feedback, seeing as that fic really did get off to a somewhat tenuous start. So then what are my thoughts on this latest entry...

So far so good -- Trixie, Cheerilee and Raindrops are all still written just as well as back in Oaton, while both Carrot Top and Lyra seem in good form as well. Can't really say about Ditzy yet, given her minimal role in this chapter, but I have no real reason to doubt she'll be just as good. Dinky seems just a little off, but maybe that's just because there are a couple instance of her calling Ditzy "mom", even though generally in the Lunaverse she's supposed to address her as "mamma", unless we want to decide that she's somehow growing out of that.

As for the new characters; I really, REALLY like Gwen. She's exactly the right mixture of rebellious attitude mixed with a genuine patriotism, and I love the idea of her leading a reckless band that is almost as much street gang as it is an actually military unit. She just fits so well with my own idea's of what young griffins are like.

Oh, and I'm also rather interested to see what happens with Tendaji, especially after I relized he was the zebra from Oaton. I'd actually almost forgotten there even was a Zebra in that fic. The presence of his wife should also only make things all the more interesting, doubly so perhaps as she seems to have some personal familiarity with Zeccora.

Conversely any concerns I have at this time are really just minor nit picks at best.

Personally I prefer my Kirin with singular horns, the same as a unicorn, though I'm fine if the design of said horn is otherwise "exotic", including being basically two horns spiraling together as one. Still that's a matter of personal preference, so if RDD is okay with this particular concept of Kirin, I'll raise no further fuss.

Also, I'm still not entirely sold on the existence of Tengu as of yet, but again if RDD wants them in the Lunaverse that's his call to make. That said, the character of Kenkuro is highly entertaining, however, that has absolutely nothing to do with his race.

Lastly, while it's only briefly mentioned in passing here, the "Equestrian Games" is conceptually an equivalent to the Olympics and as such should probably likewise only be held every four years, not annually. Besides, with how big a deal is being made of it in the show I'd think we'd have heard of it sooner than the tail end of S3 if it were any more common an occurrence, not to mention there'd have been less pressure for Rainbow Dash too qualify if they could all just try again in only one more year.

So in conclusion, my overall recommendation is for full-canon inclusion. It's a good fic so far, and even if something goes wrong I fully expect Guyvex to be open and willing to any potentially required revision -- not that I really expect there to be much need for any.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Right! Read things over, and yeah, I'm also voting for full-canon status.

GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin

No objections to canonization.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5