MLP: Hard Analysis & Criticism 257 members · 72 stories
Comments ( 85 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 85

My thought:

Obvious cliché is obvious cliché.

Also: Nice screenshot. :twilightsmile:

Humanity
Group Admin

It won't last. Can't exactly revive the fandom when the show is set to die next season.

*edit*

Wait, all these comments are COMPLAINTS? Didn't see that coming.

Looks that way...

...The movie is going to suck and isn't it?

It's a fucking Starlight reformation story rip-off.

If Hasbro was hoping this movie would save them then they shouldn't have released the book in the first place. Of all the stupid...:facehoof:

i dont know how to respond to the...lovely peice of pure failure artwork i think reading it dropped boosted my IQ by a drastic amount i cant even begin to describe just how much cringe hype is soaring through my veins right now that i fear my health is at risk.

im fileing charges and sueing this script for assault.

They basically shot themselves in the foot with this one. The show is most certainly going to die after this.

Who wants to bet that most bronies will STILL hail this as the best thing ever simply because it's not EQG? (Looking at you LittleshyFiM)

... hold on, i need the right file...

yeah, that'll do juuuust fine for a "i-need-this-laugh". I didn't expect anything all that different, which is why i was at best MAYBE going to see this. with that is just extra nope in the tank. not checking the re-upload, I cause myself enough potential harm, thank y'kindly.

oh, you can BET that'll be the case. no doubt in my mind.

I think that's a good idea.

No problem. anything for a friend.

hears Vogel's name

VVVVOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment posted by CrashFan78 deleted Nov 26th, 2018

Never thought I'd have to do this...

MLP movie:

Is anyone brave enough to give the cliff notes, because I really dont want to read that.

6089315 Nowhere else this feels more appropriate

Also, glad to see someone else who knows of Saint Seiya :pinkiehappy:

I looked at the board....

My reaction:

the board was a decent feast for me, VERY enjoyable. so many people going "hold on, hold on, we don't know if the movie is going to be as bad." or "im just here for cute pones" and immediately someones pointing them out as if shining the beacon in that way /mlp/ does. i got a chuckle out of the reactions

if only the thread had been longer and more had flown about- heck, towards the end there was some stuff that shows from i believe the art book where certain elements in the movie had been changed. what was... well, lets just say some of the things they decided against would have been welcome.

but the more i dwell on it the more that's also reminding me of the plot changes in EQG 3. and my issues with that movie as a whole, come to think of it.

...Sweet Emperor on Terra that was some powerful anger, and i can totally understand where your coming from with that ra-

The Last Airbender

:pinkiecrazy: I would prefer to NOT go down that rabbit hole anymore. that movie made the kindest person i ever met rage, and i STILL reach for it to point out bad adaptations. and now im thinking about World War Z's adapatation...

-ge. ive been pulling an evac over this season out of sheer fatigue. ive said before i wasn't gonna see this movie, and im rather secure now in that choice. I arrived around the time EQG 3 came out, and hindsight makes me wonder why i didn't notice the issues i see now going back so far.

not related to this post specifically but Vogel on the write staff for this movie and that subsequent reaction reminds me of my reaction to Haber in general. makes me wonder who people see as more trouble.

oh snap, that takes me back, thank ya!

I remember Saint Seiya as Knights of the Zodiac.

no need to apoligize. but... just... until World War Z took one of my favorite books and had just about NOTHING to do with the source material (really, as a Zombie movie fan if it had been a unique property, I would liked the movie. hadn't seen zombies like that...), that was my go to for how to do a series wrong.

*for the purpose of this, assume two people with head wounds*
A: idea! lets try to condense a whole SEASON of a show into one movie!
B: and lets try to make it a series of movies. people are sure to love this!
A: lets use crap CGI and change how the powers work.
B: yeah, Firebenders should need a source of fire. and 6 earthbenders should have to dance in sync for a dirt wall!
A: totally, who cares about the effort to correlate bending to existing martial arts!
B: yeah, really. and why were they keeping earthbenders on a metal boat anyway, BIN THE BOAT!

I could go on, but im pretty sure EVERYONE has heard this. I stayed all the way up to the last 2 episodes. series fatigue did it, wasn't mad after that "Larson" episode but after Mirror Magic i was forcing myself to watch. Discordant Harmony was amusing though.

i had to go look up the basis for that idea and i think i hit a snag pretty looking around, but yeah, that would have been neat. heck, theres something- the CMC's getting marks in the movie. that woulda been one heck of a wait, but tying it in this sort of way could be kinda cool, and for once a LOt of the cast could have their day. i mentioned it partially, but apparently in the earlier movie passes the princesses were supposed to do more based on those /mlp/ threads.

THAT WOULDA BEEN NICE!

6090150 I haven't known of Saint Seiya since Hades Elysium and Omega.

Let me tell you guys what's gonna happen.

The movie will do so-so in the box office due to kids who don't know better and bronies who are just plain dumb and will pay money for any piece of shit with the MLP logo on it.

On online platforms such as IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes, it'll have a mild score of probably 60% or 70%. It's going to be a wholly inoffensive, bad-to-mediocre movie, just like most other kids films not made by Disney.

And then it will make a shitzillion dollars in merchandise, once again due to the first group.

The show will continue for at least another couple of seasons because of this, regardless of the constantly falling ratings.

Mark my words. It'll happen.

Yeah... but a guy can dream, right?

If their were two words to describe this & previous movies, they be these: THUMBS DOWN.

Exactly. Do you think you can make episodes & movies better then the writers?

Exactly. Do you think you can make episodes & movies better then the writers?

Cool. How would you do it exactly?

Hmm, Very interesting. Another question came to me. If you were to go back & rewrite episode from Season 1 until now, which ones would they be?

Me, I would start at the beginning, ESPECIALLY with those that really tipped fans off.

I think i can field that question at least somewhat- in part it does sometimes come to "money now." but there's things like time delays/ constraints, monetary cost, getting it accepted in the first place, and other details that fandom writers are not held down by in the same way frequently, all either having to deal with the cost, and at some points they just can't send back an idea either, so if they see a mistake to late, sometimes it can't be fixed. combine thast with executive meddling- which has happened several times in this show and... well.

doesn't help in general that production of shows like this also have animation costs to go along with them vs some shows which you can question even HAVE writers...

part of why i love this fandoms writing are the topics they can get into that the creators just could never do due to issues with ratings and so on.

Do you plan to rewrite these?
Winter Wrap Up
Call Of The Cutie
Fall weather Friends
Owl's Well That Ends Well
The Best Night Ever
Lesson Zero
Sisterhoof Social
Mysterious Mare Do Well
Dragon Quest
Ponyville Confidential
Canterlot Wedding

I'm in no rush, take your time.

huh.. i know nothing about that... how did it outmaneuver what was required?

Please, for the love of god, let this be a hoax.

Holy shit, are all these comments... openly saying negative things about MLP, the godawful new seasons, and Vogel/Miller/Haber? And NO Glimbots are attacking us and begging administrators to ban us for wrongthink and thoughtcrime?

I've found my people!

https://discord.gg/abBXhqP This is my Discord server for people that don't like Glimmer or the direction Vogel's nu-MLP is taken, and you're ALL invited!

La... La... Loopsy. That level of clever thematic subversion comes from a toy-selling franchise that stars dolls designed to look like they were made from wool and buttons, and is called La La Loopsy.

This is one weird timeline, but I'm still sorta glad I'm living in it.

I have a headcanon that justifies and explains away all the defeats Celestia ever suffered in this show from season 1-5. Season 6 and 7 are a new level of shit.

Who here wants to hear it?

D48
D48 #46 · Sep 17th, 2017 · · 2 ·

You can if you want to (although you'll need to make a new thread for it), but I would rather keep using this as my standing interpretation of canon. It makes things a lot easier when I can just dismiss everything after the largely irrelevant season 3. Granted it's still not ideal because there are a few pieces of spectacular stupidity it doesn't omit (like the total lack of sense behind Magic Duel), but those can generally be dealt with on an individual basis or just by blaming the writers for being idiots.

Who the hell is anonymously giving our comments ledditboats?

This isn't reddit. These scores don't mean anything, as far as I'm aware.

Was someone stupid enough to let Hclegend or one of his "wingmen" into this group?

D48
D48 #48 · Sep 17th, 2017 · · 2 ·

We don't know, but as you pointed out it really doesn't matter so we mostly just ignore/laugh at the impotent rage. Anyone can join this group without an invitation so there's no way to keep people like that from joining (and a fair number have over the years), but if they actually cause trouble we can ban them easily enough so it's not a big deal.

Humanity
Group Admin

You don't have to be a member of a group to use the vote system on comments. This side of the fandom has many enemies in the form of the hardline fans and possibly even bitter and resentful former members of this group who are trying to spite us. Frankly, it's almost entertaining seeing the occasional downvote. It means the other side is listening. :trollestia:

So don't pay them any mind if you see some. Just laugh at them and carry on.

Gotcha. It's still funny to see how these leddit behaviors stick with them, even after they leave the safe space they turned reddit's r/mylittlepony into. Stupidity, pettiness, and egocentric behavior, man. It's a hell of a drug.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 85