DaringDash 209 members · 34 stories
Comments ( 37 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 37
FierceRainbow
Group Admin

Yes, we've decided the time has come for the DaringDash group to host it's first contest. It may seem a little earlier for such a small group, but we certainly have enough members for at the very least a few writers to give it a shot. I mean, why not? It'll take a bit of time to bang something out, but there's nothing to lose. You'll grace the world with more DaringDash, and who knows, you might even place and win one of the prizes! So head on below to learn more.

Although DaringDash hasn't really had it's big 'boom' yet, I'm sure when it does a certain theme is sure to become popular. So why don't we help this happen? After all, who doesn't love to see two Pegasus ponies in love setting out on a dangerous mission together? That's right, the theme for this contest is Adventure!

There is no limit to how much you can write, so you can let your imagination go wild, whether it's a sweet moment or a thrilling adventure.

Of course, we can't be forgetting why people enter contests in the first place. Prizes! What do you win for writing words about two cartoon horses from a kids' TV show in love?

3rd Place- You get your story placed in the Contest Winners folder, so everyone will know your skills in writing DaringDash.

2nd Place- You get your story placed in the Contest Winners folders, and a spot on the judges panel next contest (lucky you, helping us with our job :moustache:).

1st Place- You get both of the other prizes, and your story will be featured on the front page of the group!

If you wish to participate, send in your entries by 28th of February. Leave a link in a reply (make sure I get notified) and I'll put your entry below, to later be judged.

Judges

Echo the bat pony
FierceRainbow

Now get to writing!

2535222 Well dang, that was fast. :rainbowlaugh: Count me in! I've already got some ideas beginning to form; this is going to fun.

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

I look forwards to reading your entry :pinkiehappy:

If you wish to participate, send in your entries by 31st of February. Leave a link in a reply (make sure I get notified) and I'll put your entry below, to later be judged.

So... when exactly is that? Some time between the twelfth of never and Juneteenth? :rainbowwild:

2535222 i uh....i could probably get started on one, but procrastinating is a bitch for me :facehoof: id write about 2 chapters then get totally lazy and put off writing a third. It always happens!!

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

:facehoof: How did I make such a stupid mistake? I'll move it back a day. :twilightsheepish:

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

As long as you write something, I will be a very happy shipper :ajsmug:

:facehoof:

(I'm sorry, but the smack of palm hitting head literally woke my Mom up in another room entirely. It still stings. ^^() )

I'd move it back 3 if I were you.

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

Now I feel so silly. I think I'll have to check a calendar before I post a date next time :pinkiesad2:

Only when you're checking February! You'd have been fine if it was January or March....

Advertisement thread is here. :twilightsmile:

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

But what if the next contest ends up being in February too? :raritydespair::ajbemused::pinkiecrazy:

2535428 I'd like to hope that we'd have another one before then.

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

Me too, if this one is a success. So far, we have one definite entry. :twilightsmile:

2535458 With a month and a half to get it done, I'm sure the others will be able to enter too. So do we just put our entry into the folder as soon as it's done?

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

Yep! :rainbowwild: Just remember to notify me, so I know.

Well I'm putting my hat hat in this ring, never wrote a ship before. But I got a few Ideas.

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

Cool, it'll be great to see what you come up with. :twilightsmile:

2535358 i may plan one out, but im not making any promises

Not real good at shipping, but I guess I'll give it a try anyway! Thank Celestia it's an entire month to write, because that's usually when I got a chapter done :twilightsheepish:

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

It's always good to try new things, especially if it's DaringDash shipping. :rainbowdetermined2:

daring x dash
Group Admin

Let's get this started

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

:yay: We have a few people who are going to enter, and a couple of maybes. I think this is going to be a success.

2535671 2536163 Quick contest question. I'm nowhere near this point yet, but when the time comes, are editors/proofreaders allowed?

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

Of course, you can do whatever you like to make your story the best it can be. :ajsmug:

I'll give it a go. why not.

You know what? I've got a story in the works that I've lost interest in. Maybe a good romantic adventure oneshot (possibly with a bit of some other elements. PG-13 at most of course. ;D ) will get my head back in the game. Put my name in that there story hat! :pinkiehappy:

I'll give it a shot then. I dont promise anything good, but it will be my best. Pinkie promise.:pinkiehappy:

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

It's great to see some many people interested! :twistnerd:

Oh my gods, is this thing still on!:pinkiegasp: :twilightoops:
I am so screwed. I sorta got distracted with that other competition in the Twiluna group, (Which won first prize, by the way) that I totally forgot about this! :facehoof:So the deadline is still end of this month?:raritycry::raritydespair:

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

Yep, deadline is still the end of the month. Don't worry, I'm happy as long as you enter, even if it's only a one-shot. Congratulations on the other contest, by the way. I joined the group too late to compete in that.

I shall not back out now, as I have already made a pinkie promise. As celestia is my witness, I shall have a fic written and posted by the end if this month!

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

Hey guys, is it just me or does this group seem kinda dead? I mean, no new forum posts for nearly a month now, and the socializing thread sits untouched. No new stories for weeks too. Anything we can do to give this group a wake up call?

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

I posted another thread trying to give everyone a little kick, but it seems it didn't work. Really, I'm doing all I can to keep this group afloat. If you want to help, it'd be cool if you go post in threads and stuff, there's a lot of fun things to do. I promise, if I get on a see a reply in a thread, I'll immediately go join in the fun. All it take is a few words to hopefully get everyone else to start posting as well.

2785907 2787005 Yeah, it's a bummer really. I'm not much for prompt tags, which is why I'm not involved over there. I'll probably start a discussion soon, though. Anything to keep the blood pumping. :twistnerd:

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

Yep! I'm trying to make the ask thread more active by actually doing art like I'm supposed to.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 37