Brony Discussion Center 116 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25

I'm going to take a chance and assume there are some Disney Fairies fans among us bronies. If not, there really should be, because the two franchises have more in common than you might think.

Anyway...

The fifth movie, "The Pirate Fairy", is coming out soon. Each successive Fairies movie is better than the last, so I'm expecting great things from this one.

The plot's kinda blatantly ripping off "Magical Mystery Cure", though, from the previews.

I don't know what that is, but it sounds exciting!

2901835 In all honesty, I only want to see it because Tom Hiddleston is playing Hook and Zarina is one fine-looking fairy.

The Pixie Hollow movies just aren't good anymore. They lost their touch with the third movie.

2901835 I'm gonna stay away, thanks.

2901838 I'd have to disagree. "The Great Fairy Rescue" showed some character development for Vidia, and "Secret of the Wings" was beautiful and tragic and beautiful and happy all at the same time.

2901847 The Secret of the Wings was ok, but it seemed too fast-paced for me. Queen Clarion and Lord Milori's story was heartbreaking, though - but even that seemed a bit bland.

Wait, we're on five? I still haven't watched 2 through 4! :raritydespair:

2901853 To me, the weakest of the series so far was The Lost Treasure, and then only because Tink was acting like a raging bitch the entire time.

2901861 In order: Tinker Bell, Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure, Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue, The Secret of the Wings, and The Pirate Fairy. Plus all the shorts and the Fairy Games special that aired on Disney Channel.

2901866 Oh, yeah, that one was pretty lacking. I didn't like her in that either. :fluttershyouch:

2901867 Anyway, from the trailer, there's another good reason to watch the new one:

Vidia gets turned into a tinker fairy. :rainbowlaugh:

2901872 *Vidia x Tink shipping intensifies*

Me personally they're very much not for me but having been made to sit through one with my little cousin I CAN say they're much better than you'd assume. They still aren't something I'd personally recommend but I expected painfully bad and it wasn't anything like that.

JaketheGinger
Group Admin

I'm just asking myself why Tinkerbell needed to talk and have her own series in the first place.

2901899 The Pixie Hollow movies are FUN, though! And awesome, and have all kinds of prettiness, and cute sexy fairies...and Tink is voiced by Katara from A:tLA! What's not to love? :fluttercry:

JaketheGinger
Group Admin

But what's the point? Couldn't Disney have just started with a fresh character instead of changing a current one? I preferred Tinkerbell when she was a bit of a dark bitch. These movies give off the impression that isn't the case anymore, although she probably still has some sass.

2901908 Well, the movies feature Tinker Bell's early, pre-Peter years. She was literally BORN in the first movie.

Of course, the most obvious reason is that TInker Bell is an immediately recognizable character, who has never had a starring role in anything except the Disney vanity plates. Expanding her story and giving her a different setting and new friends makes sense. And it makes for some really sweet little movies.

JaketheGinger
Group Admin

Mhm, I suppose.

I'm more of the belief that some things are better left unsaid, or unheard, or unseen. Some characters just work better as side ones, not protagonists. A prime example of this is Mater in Cars 2.

Finding Dory gives me the same worries too.

2901939 The Cars franchise never should have ha...

Wait.

WHAT DID YOU SAY?!

*hits up Wikipedia*

*spittakes*

Oh my GOD yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. YES!!

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming... :rainbowkiss:

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about but you said PIRATE so I'm in.

2902322 I think the BluRay release date is in March.

Cool! I'll ask for it for my birthday then (my birthday is in April)!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25