Transgender Bronies 1,105 members · 756 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

So... can we talk about this ?

What do you think?

does this make it now ok to play this game ?

p.s. her name is Miss Sirona Ryan

It literally sounds like a male npc they gave a more feminine appearance at the last second.

Ya... I thought that to

p.s. I looked it up, you can pick a "Male" voice for your Character, but tell the game to call you a Witch
and viseversa
so...

edit is that what they mean

What I am putting here is not to sway people one way or another. They are simply some of my worries considering the many times J K has verbally and in media, social or news, attacked trans people.

I worry that this is an attempt to pride wash away the things J K continues to preach in order to get people to buy the game. I also would like to know if it is simply a tokenistic role compared to others in the game. I hope for neither of those things but am understandably skeptical until shown proof otherwise.

Nah, JK Terfling is still a piece of shit who doesn't deserve more publicity and support. Toss it in the bin with the other bigoted crap.

the money people spend on this game is going to go to an influential transphobe. she is a major part of the anti-trans movement in the UK. by giving her money you are giving her more power and more influence that she will use to to further her transphobic agenda. and even if you pirate it it's a glitchy mess where you fight to oppress antisemitic caricatures so in my opinion the best thing to do is pretend the franchise doesn't exist

also her name starts is SIRona so it seems more like an insult than proper representation.

I think you're putting too much 'value' the sir portion of Sirona and the intended meaning behind it. Sirona (the pronunciation of the name actually puts emphasis on the Ro syllable [thus sih-ROH-nuh, as sampled in the video]) was a goddess in the Celtic polytheistic pantheon—one of healing and analogous to Hygieia from the Roman pantheon—like Epona, Nemetona, and Rosmerta. I would think if they were choosing to be insulting, they wouldn't choose the name of a healing deity to do so.

Anything can seem like an insult if one can only recognise it as such.

The character is pretty much just a lazy attempt at a token, to try and defuse the backlash against it. Never mind literally everything else wrong with it. There's a good reason it's being called "Blood Libel: The Game" by a lot of critics.

there's merit in truly looking into what something is before choosing to hate it.
most people did that for this game last year.
it'd call it pandering to performative cis allies, honestly.
genuine thanks for asking this, though- i needed to get a few paragraphs about this viciously overpriced (seventy bucks!), proudly antisemitic (main plot's about how the greedy human-adjacent hook nosed goblins are kidnapping kids) bigotry-funding (against far more than just us trans people, in fact) , only vaguely game-shaped (there's two enemy types. across the entire game.) heap of shit out of my system.

have a nice day!

I think it's the best character in the game. Here is why. better voice acting and animations... with a lot of character in some development.

The only ethical way to play the game is to pirate it, and even then the reviews for it aren't great.

Also I think her addition to the game is quite lazy and isn't a great attempt at trans representation.

interesting

so... this just came up

edit:
thought that some may want to see this as well

this as well

if you want to see what's GOOD about this game

and what's BAD

edit: I just found out that Ominus Gaunt, Voldemorts Ancestor,
is blind and using his wand to see

Absolutely not.

One slapdash trans character does not even begin to paper over the hegemonic garbage this game is based on -- nor the multiple further steps it takes into Anti-Semitic nonsense -- much less make up for it.

Most of the suckers and jackasses who are playing it don't even seem to think it's all that good of a game anyway. There is nothing of positive value to be gained from this massive waste of money and labor, and every concession one makes, even saying to pirate it, still advances the cultural influence of a woman actively working to erase our existence using that influence. People are already documenting every bit of it's hateful, incompetent tripe; there is only ever-mounting evidence as to why nobody should bother playing it for leisure, or nostalgia, or whatever excuse people are making to mask their fear of missing out on a relatively big game.

It won't be worth it. Not for you, not for any trans person, not for anybody.

Am I the only one that feels this controversy was a waste of time? I mean here is the list of stuff this controversy cause

1) the game got glowing reviews

2) jk Rowling got more money

3) the trans community got a bad image and probably game ammo for transphobes to use in the future

I don’t like jk Rowling but I feel with all the stuff is happening to the trans community is this really something giving time and attention?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17