Transgender Bronies 1,104 members · 752 stories
Comments ( 303 )
  • Viewing 251 - 300 of 303

That's true. I was wondering if anyone else was getting as pissed off as I was every time I see it, though.

"Hurr, I'm a man but I AM ALSO A WOMAN! AND I'M GONNA KILL YOU AND EAT YOU!"

Goddamn it, M. Night. The instant I saw the first trailer that revealed the woman to also be a man who is just so craaaaaaaaaaazy, I was like, "For Christ's sake, M. Night, don't do this."

EDIT:

It isn't even an original premise. The Silence of the Lambs handled this in a much less problematic way with Buffalo Bill than M. Night's film did.

Divine Path
Group Admin

On an unrelated note, because I'm interested in psychology, that particular scene remains one of my favourite moments in the entire series.:rainbowkiss:

Lady Froey
Group Admin

I don't get pissed, just disappointed that such lazy films are still green-lit by hollywood/the industry. This is something we would see in low budget exploitation films, or Silence of the Lambs, but that was actually a good film.

*pitchforks and torches are pointed at Froey for liking Silence of the Lambs.*

Edit: Oh NOW you mention Silence of the Lambs while I was looking for a good gif. :duck:

You should watch 'Split' and tell us how mad you got at M. Night's cack-handed portrayal of mental illness.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go kidnap three girls and eat them because, you know, that's what I usually do.

It's not because I'm trans, though, it's because I'm actually a youkai.

edit:

This is literally me in real life:

For what it's worth, I really like Silence of the Lambs too. :pinkiehappy:

Lady Froey
Group Admin

I just hate it when I can't find the remote! :raritycry:
I ain't trans! I just hate it! Trans people probably hate it too!

Wait, you aren't trans?

GTFO, no one cares about your problems!

...I kid, losing the remote is the worst, next to sitting on it. :derpytongue2:

[upvotes this BLATANT ACT OF OPPRESSING THE CISGENDERED]

Lady Froey
Group Admin

Since we are active in this thread all of the sudden, just going to say having a room full of trans women is nothing but a ticking time bomb, I've seen that shit blow up first hand. You're best option is going into an underground bunker with the other chill ladies or hitting the eject button. :derpytongue2:

Divine Path
Group Admin

What if we had some trans men? :trixieshiftright:

Lady Froey
Group Admin

They are the perfect balance. :raritywink:

I can confirm this.

I was going to make a joke about it when I saw two FiMfic users who I know are transwomen getting into it in another thread. It was on the tip of my tongue to say, "Welp, saw THAT one coming..." :rainbowlaugh:

I felt like it would have been transphobic of me to say that, though. You aren't the first person to say this to me, and I'm actually surprised you said it.

We, uh, kind of have reputations where this is concerned. :rainbowlaugh:

You know, in retrospect, I think that your knowledge of this is exactly why you aren't surprised when you see me flipping tables over in a thread because someone got me mildly annoyed. :rainbowlaugh:

Lady Froey
Group Admin

Sorry Vlade, you can't be a member of the KKK.

Admit it, Vlade. You're a trans-chaser.

You want somma THIS.

[slaps own butt] :raritywink:

the spit movie
i dont think it's actually about trans people, but rather d.i.r. where alters can actually have different genders, ages, species. It's a complicated trauma based disorder. and even with different gender, the "host" or main person tends to stick an be the gender. this is true if they are trans or genderfluid, nonbinary while alters may not be, because there can be overlap (there is with me, i've been diagnosed with gender dysphoria and d.i.d.) now, problem is you can heal the alters slowly, making the person whole so to speak. if they talk about that in that movie, people might jump to curing trans. even though an alter being different gender does not make the host trans, thats what people will assume.
and already know tons of misconceptions of d.i.d. for like "unlock true power" and "change bodies chemistry" healing the mind from that cause its just a bunch of broken parts of your psychy, it will be 1 damaged being, not a super powered. and in that movie, its another alter, the beast (sorry, spoilers-_-) that tears people, has strength to rip through cars, but, wont harm the one protagonist cause scars on her, whioch means she understands pain

so this says people that care more for people that have been hurt and want to help more (but willing to punch a nazi) are bad and crazy
this claims the age old trauma makes you crazy and evil
some will assume can cure trans out of this (nope)
people with d.i.d. or other mental illnesses are more likely to harm (just as likely, but more likely to be harmed by you)

and they're gonna claim progressive cause in 30 sec of speaking the therapist in the movie has a discussion where she just says "not all people that are mentally ill are violent" how bout most arent, just as dangerous if not less so then regular populous but more likely to be hurt by them
and the sad fucking thing, people are praising this for finally m night finally turning himself around, going at what makes him good

the actor that was given the script wasnt told how things work or anything, just to read lines, and hadnt heard of d.i.d. till then and thought the whole in the dress was not a female alter, but the funny guy in dress cliche
whats sad, is there are actors, that got trained 20 years ago, on how to accurately portray someone with d.i.d. (a lot of people i see even claim to have it that are on tv...dont, and simply for show) to make it accurate and realistic, not a funny spectacle or a horror, one of these people...actually leonardo dicaprio. none of these people though were even offered a chance to see the script
this easy stigmatizing of people with mental illness to claim the actor played part well, while making people that are mentally ill more outcasted is not good. and they had to add a female alter for funny and shock. making it so crossdressing and trans is instinctively in peoples minds funny but scary

i have been interested in psychology since 8, i have been working on healing my mind for a while and i do see progress, but this makes me not want to talk about it with people. i am trans yet have alters, and this movie is going to have anyone that learns that about me believe my dysphoria will just go away, it wont...
i want to become a therapist in the future, but there is soo much stigma for mental health, illness, and trans in this country, and this wil be yet another movie that furthens that stigma, all while being praised for good writing

sorry, saw some talking bout split and had to tell thoughts

I like this post.

Also, you need to talk to Divine Path.

paging

Wow, I forgot this group exists...

Divine Path
Group Admin

I just made a let's play video public.

I don't want to cry in a corner, but it's really different

Alright, trigger warning for sexual subject matter ...

I ordered a stupidly expensive strap on, had to save up for it for ages; I don't regret the purchase, I think it's going to be awesome. It's really realistic, uncircumcised, the harness is reasonably unobtrusive, and it's designed to stimulate the (wincing as I type this) female wearing it. I'm not even with anybody, I only want it because I think it'll be good for my dysphoria. As it is, I can almost never enjoy masturbating because of my emotional issues with that area, and I think I eventually could if I had this toy.
The problem is that it's currently stuck in some sort of postal limbo. Tracking information says it's in my town, but they failed to deliver it to the post office because it closes before 6:00? I don't fucking know ... And that wouldn't be too big of a problem because I have the option of calling the UPS people and asking what's going on with it. But every time I reach for my phone intending to do that, I think "I have to call some stranger and request to know where my penis is and could I please have it. Are you fucking kidding me, life? This is bullshit." And I'm so pissed that I don't even want to think about it and just go back to waiting to see if they resolve their shipping issue themselves.
I'll probably work my way up to calling them about it if I have to wait for it much longer, but for the moment I'm just too hung up on how unfair this is. I guess it's just cis envy; natal boys certainly do not have to jump through these hoops if all they want to do is jack off. But I have to because I'm trans, and so I'm in a position where I have to say "I can't jack off tonight, because my dick is late arriving in the mail." It would be kind of funny if I wasn't so dysphoric and angry about it.

5844030 Oh man. That is absolutely aggravating. (And you're right, it is also funny, it'll be one of those things you can laugh about once it's over and done, but not so much in the middle of it.)

5844169 Thanks for commiserating, man.

"The entire field of psychiatry are science deniers because they insist on treating gender dysphoria with sexual reassignment surgery. They should shut up and listen to the real psychiatric experts: YouTube vloggers who agree with me."

~Internet idiots in a nutshell.

Divine Path
Group Admin

There are few things that get me worked up in terms of being transgender, but

I see this is the boys' work.

This line right there when I'm helping with dishes fills me with such deep frustration, for some reason. And now my right hand hurts, but at least I have a way to expel some of my feelings.

I'm sorry that happened to you and offer you a hug.

I also give you this Blessed Image of the Byakuren of Good Luck and Friendship amongst transgirls.

Good luck will come to you the moment you see it.

Divine Path
Group Admin

Thankies. :3

You know what would be cool? If there were hormones that made you feminine but also made your dick bigger. It's a problem to me that there is no such thing.

Get it together, scientists.

I am a retail manager, when I'm not moonlighting as a leukemia patient in hospital, and we have an associate who was born female but was transgender and wanted to be referred to by a masculine name and masculine pronouns. One younger person working for us was just very confused, because he wasn't taking hormone replacement, so I tried to explain that there are lots of different options and sometimes conditions posed on people who want to take medication or not to appear as their preferred gender. She got it, moved on.

But then another coworker, an older lady, was telling other people that she would never call this young man a guy and would continue to use the name he was born with. So I sat with her and explained that using this young man's preferred terms cost her nothing, and that it was polite to do. It wasn't an approval of his life, if she somehow thought that calling someone with female parts a man somehow meant that she supported the way he wanted to live his life.

It's like if you're name is Daniel, and you like to be called Dan. And some asshole insists on calling you Daniel. Calling him Dan isn't causing you any conflict. It's just his preference. And then add to the fact that you can't always tell who was born Daniel and who was born Danielle. You think you can, but what kind of asshole do you have to be to want to see Danielle's birth certificate to make sure she's not really Daniel. And then smugly call her Daniel like she tried to get one over on you and you're just too smart.

Just don't be a dick. It costs you nothing, and if you accidentally screw up, apologize, correct, and move on. It's basically the equivalent of giving a smile to someone who may be having a rough day. "Hey, I see you, and we're gonna be cool, okay?" Why does that have to be political?

According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, gender identity is typically expressed by around age 4. It probably forms much earlier than that, but it's hard to tell with pre-verbal infants. And sometimes, the gender identity expressed is not the one typically associated with the child's appearance. The gender identities of trans children are as stable as those of cisgender children.

Regarding treatment for trans youth, here are the recent guidelines released by the AAP. TL;DR version - yes, young children can identify their own gender identity, and some of those young kids are trans. A child whose gender identity is Gender A but who is assumed to be Gender B based on their appearance, will suffer debilitating distress over this conflict.

When this happens, transition is the treatment recommended by every major medical authority. For young children this process is social, followed by puberty delaying treatment at onset of adolescence, and hormone therapy in their early/mid-teens.

The only disorders more common among trans people are those associated with abuse and discrimination - mainly anxiety and depression. Early transition virtually eliminates these higher rates of depression and low self-worth, and dramatically improves trans youth's mental health. When prevented from transitioning, about 40% of trans kids will attempt suicide. When able to transition, that rate drops to the national average. Trans kids who socially transition early, have access to appropriate transition related medical treatment, and who are not subjected to abuse or discrimination are comparable to cisgender children in measures of mental health.

Transition vastly reduces risks of suicide attempts, and the farther along in transition someone is the lower that risk gets. The ability to transition, along with family and social acceptance, are the largest factors reducing suicide risk among trans people.

The word 'trap'.

If someone uses that word to describe a transperson around me in real life, I'm gonna kill them with my own two ladylike hands.

woah alsvid ur actin aggressive. real trans ladies don't kill people

first of all, who the fuck asked you :rainbowlaugh:

Divine Path
Group Admin

Try not to, at any rate, because it's not worth the jail time. :derpytongue2:

I totally don't have a guilty pleasure seeking out good trap portrayals

I was extremely Angry Online when I posted that and should have clarified. :rainbowlaugh: I had seen an 'are traps gay' discussion and came about >< that close to throwing things.

No, you know what's really making me Mad? Cishet trolls and the "ARE TRAPS GAY?" meme. Like most transphobic memes, such as the Attack Helicopter meme, "did you just assume", and such, it's very irritating.

I don't really care if a transperson talks about traps in a positive sense. You're entirely within your bounds to do the thing

Divine Path
Group Admin

I getcha. 'Taint even original, those "memes". But you can take solace at least in that they're too silly to be taken seriously.

I'm terrified.
I don't want to die, but looking in the mirror is painful, being talked about as a boy is painful, and having to hide myself from the public is painful. I want to transition so badly, I want to be me, I want to be the girl I know I am, that I dream about being. But the biggest step, HRT is likely to kill me. I don't want to die, but I don't want to be in this body. I just want to be happy, to wear a dress and look in the mirror and think, "That's a pretty girl." Does anyone know about transitioning without hormones and how to feel and look like oneself without hormones?

Divine Path
Group Admin

Social transitioning regardless is perfectly possible. Vocal training is likely to help out substantially in that regard. Otherwise, hope you'll be doing a bit better soon. <3

Today was awful.
To say the least. I learned more about how HRT will probably kill me and then had a panic attack and then learned the doctor I went to couldn't help me with HRT. And that last part was kind of soul-crushing. I was banking ludicrously hard on finding out if I could do HRT safely today, but that didn't happen and the doctor didn't even know how to help or even who to connect me with. I did a lot of crying today.

Comment posted by loopsorspool deleted Mar 16th, 2018

The knowledge that I would be disowned and probably homeless if I came out has been weighing on my mind ever since a friend of mine came out. Im jealous, angry, and tired of feeling so trapped. Where I live is not the best place to be trans. I know of no therapists within a hundred miles.

Divine Path
Group Admin

I would suggest securing a place to stay if it comes down to that, and otherwise try to locate a therapist. Best of luck. :heart:

• Viewing 251 - 300 of 303