Science! in Equestria 509 members · 542 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

Would they fall in love?

Is pregnancy involved?

7774612 No.

The hormones only act up in the first year. After that, all relationships become merely habits. People stay together because separation would involve too much hassle. Also, sex is nice, but after a year, it's not as good as it used to be.

This is why I kept trying to buy a marriage license for myself x my hand. :trollestia:
Also why "No nut November" is so important! :twilightsmile:

Seriously, what does it take to even come up with these questions

7774612 Not necessarily. If both individuals are conscenting then... Possibly. Otherwise... Well, in that situation it is technically abuse (that's putting it nicely) with the abuser feeling little to no love for the victim (who may or may not suffer from Stockholm's Syndrome).

Even in the case that both are conscenting adults, they may not necessarily view sex as a part of love but as merely a function that the two perform with one another.

So personally I'd say it takes more that have sex for a year to fall in love. In fact, I'd say that is something that a couple can foster and grow with one another using trust, faithfulness and selflessness, long before they decide to... Well... Have sex.

7774712 Having sex is like playing video games together. It's fun and enjoyable. Since you're spending more time together, you may even get to know each other better. But you won't get far if you try to correlate playing video games together with love.

7774612 Might do. Might not tho.

Not all sexual relationships lead to long-lasting romantic affection. In fact, probably only a minority of sexual relationships do; I've not married every single person I've had sex with, and it's a similar story for pretty much every single person I know. So clearly, sex and romantic affection do not always coexist, and anecdotal stories of long-lasting unhappy relationships would also suggest time isn't the cure to that either.

It's possible that having sex every single day might coexist with stronger romantic affection, but I'd have a strong hunch that this would be correlational, not causational; you'd probably be more likely to have sex with someone you could at least tolerate to that extent in the first place; I'd find it very dubious however that a couple who disliked each other would come to love each other after a year of sex, however.

More likely, they'd just hate each other tired.

7774719 Well, there are some brain chemicals that activate during the act of sex that do serve as a mental bonding agent, that's why often times women who leave an abusive relationship will sometimes find themselves back in such relationships (and having seen this occur with my cousin who.was sexual abused as a kid, I tend to agree).

While I do agree that sex doesn't necessarily equal love, I do feel that a healthy sexual relationship could enhance already existing love.

7774788 Sex does enhance the relationship, but then again, so dos playing video game together.

And I doubt women stay in abusive relationships because of sex.

7774789 No, I'm saying that the chemicals released when a person has their first time might increase the odds to returning to an abusive relationship if their first time was with an abuser.

But I agree, videos games can help relationships too. :twilightsmile:

Sex isn't the only thing to a relationship.

Bonding hormones are released during sex, so they would likely gain affection for each other, but love is deeper than that.

7774877 You want to sex your mate every day and you came here looking for a scientific argument for whenever your mate says No to you?

7774949 ...What?:rainbowhuh:

I was agreeing to the fact that there's more to relationships then just sex and the bonding hormones stuff.

I have no idea how you can up to that conclusion, based off of what I said. :applejackconfused:

7775017 I came to the conclusion based on you being the most active responder in this thread. You seem even more interested in it than OP, 7774612.

7775050 Nah, I was just agreeing with the Narl. Sometimes I don't know when to shut up. :rainbowlaugh:

It might be the headcold. :pinkiesick:

7775084 Nah, it's okay. People should never be barred from expressing opinions. Free speech and all.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18