Human to filly/colt 890 members · 216 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

Is it just me or does anyone else wanderer what's up with the "human to young pony" fics having the main male character turn into fillies?:rainbowhuh:
It's not that I'm sexist or anything I just struggle to relate to the character when the writers do this... And have problems following the logic behind it. Like I know in the mlp universe there are more fillies than colts but to me the human turning colt just makes them more singled out because of this. When they turn into a girl I guess there is more of a comedic aspect then? IDK I feel like I'm missing something here... BTW most of these fics that have this DO seem like good stories.
It's just at the end of the day I guess I want to self-insert and it becomes a lot trickier or more painful when the character has his balls removed. :rainbowlaugh:
EDIT: BTW I have some links here to more or less prove my point.
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/288287/a-new-life
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/289833/borrowed-time
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/282754/a-child-of-kindness-and-laughter

Because it's fun and shakes things up for the protagonist, and a lot of people have an emasculation fetish.

It is more comedic and has a bigger shock reaction if they are tged. In my own opinion I prefer it.

5036270 Either I'm taking your emasculation comment too literal or you were joking but I don't read clop so it wouldn't be a fetish thing I don't think...

Fetishes can be inserted non-sexually into stories with relative ease, actually. I'm being quite serious.

5036271 I agree with the comedy and shock comment but I dislike when authers do this... I enjoy a good comedy fic every now and then but for the most part prefer more serious fics.

5036283 Ehh well I don't read for that... I read for the plot of the story and like I said self-inserting.

Because fillies are cute? But really I don't think exist many, only half of the stories are more or less good and continue or finish.

But really I don't think exist many

did you mean "But I don't think many exist?" And yeah I agree sure they are cute I just get hung up on the TG thing.

I'm sorry to hear it isn't your cup of tea, but some of us like the fantasy of being completely changed in age, gender, and species all at once. While it may make it harder for you to self insert, it fulfills those fantasies of readers like myself.

Wow. Your avatar even exemplifies that enjoyment.

Eh. I'm sure if you let yourself into the material you'd probably end up enjoying it.

I can't speak for everyone, but for me personally it's because I enjoy the concept.

Simply waking up in Equestria as a pony can be fun, but also turning female, or possibly even changing in age just adds so much more that you can write about, and it can be very fun.

Though I am pretty sure a large part of it can be connected to ones own interest and yes even fetishes.

It's also perfectly understandable that you might not be into that, and in a way I understand your concern.

I'm intrigued by the age regression concept myself, but most of the stories I find seem to focus on a diaper fetish. (Which yeah, kinds turns me off) or doesn't have the best of writing.

Two reasons that I see

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FirstLawOfGenderBending
Tends to be more common in fiction, for whatever reason. I think it is a result of how Females were, and still are to a depressingly large extent, considered lesser than Males, so the extra conflict it creates from having a weaker protagonist tends to make a better story.

Second, This is My Little Pony. It is fanon that Females are far more common than males. Also, all but one of the 10 main characters are Female. (Main Six, CMC, and Spike)

I'm sorry to hear it isn't your cup of tea, but some of us like the fantasy of being completely changed in age, gender, and species all at once. While it may make it harder for you to self insert, it fulfills those fantasies of readers like myself.

I thank you for your compassion Arararagi but I'm just a bit frustrated in your self-insert stories taking over or being more written on than mine... Here is my logic; to have your species changed I get and love because in our current state I feel like ponification is a kind of purging or taking over our otherwise evil nature. To be regressed for me isn't at all sexual, but rather is an opportunity to be able to relive your childhood that in your time as being a human was more or less ruined.
But to have your natural gender changed is troublesome to me because this almost implies, (at least with my logic / focus) that one sex is purer than the other which disturbs me greatly... When I read these TF fanfictions I want to enjoy the process of purification. This is why in most cases I cheer for the pony side of the personality rather than the human one... I'm happy that you and others like you have plenty of content for your personal self-inserts but in this being the case I can't help but feel a bit cheated out of mine, that in all honesty isn't TOO different but in the one area it is different it ironically messes up my ability to enjoy the story... And every time I look for these stories that seem promising to me (in the fact that they appear to be going down the path of TF and age regression but no TG) it turns out when the TF happens the character is TGed as well...:pinkiesad2:

Eh. I'm sure if you let yourself into the material you'd probably end up enjoying it.

Yeah maybe... it would be hard to do so though... And I can't help my gut reaction to be annoyed and disengaged in the story... Believe me I wish I could enjoy them I just can't seem to...:facehoof:

I can't speak for everyone, but for me personally it's because I enjoy the concept.
Simply waking up in Equestria as a pony can be fun, but also turning female, or possibly even changing in age just adds so much more that you can write about, and it can be very fun.
Though I am pretty sure a large part of it can be connected to ones own interest and yes even fetishes.
It's also perfectly understandable that you might not be into that, and in a way I understand your concern.
I'm intrigued by the age regression concept myself, but most of the stories I find seem to focus on a diaper fetish. (Which yeah, kinds turns me off) or doesn't have the best of writing.

I love the concept to that's why it kinda pains me to find out the human/pony was TGed... again just read my comment to Arararagi if you want to see where I'm coming from... Yes I also agree it's largely connected to ones own interest but I'm not a fetisheist and the TG thing breaks one of my interests... I myself am greatly intrigued by the age regression concept and like you am turned off whenever the author turns it into a diaper fetish story... BTW thanks for seeing things more my way :raritywink:

Two reasons that I see
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FirstLawOfGenderBending
Tends to be more common in fiction, for whatever reason. I think it is a result of how Females were, and still are to a depressingly large extent, considered lesser than Males, so the extra conflict it creates from having a weaker protagonist tends to make a better story.
Second, This is My Little Pony. It is fanon that Females are far more common than males. Also, all but one of the 10 main characters are Female. (Main Six, CMC, and Spike)

I agree with your reasoning here for the most part but will point out that my problem isn't feeling lesser as a male turned female but rather ironically feeling insignificant or as a lesser as a male when the author does this... And yes either way that makes for more conflict I geuss... And I already noted the whole more female than male thing... which makes it even less justified in my mind that the male be turned female...:moustache:

I thank you for your compassion Arararagi but I'm just a bit frustrated in your self-insert stories taking over or being more written on than mine...

Personally, I feel there can never be enough fanfics involving ponification, TG or not. While I may perfer the TG stories, I have enjoyed a few that were not. You could certainly write your own. Besides that, I don't really see a solution to your complaint. People will write about what interests them most, and if there happen to be more writers interested in TG stories, then we will see more TG stories.

I feel like ponification is a kind of purging or taking over our otherwise evil nature. To be regressed for me isn't at all sexual, but rather is an opportunity to be able to relive your childhood that in your time as being a human was more or less ruined.
But to have your natural gender changed is troublesome to me because this almost implies, (at least with my logic / focus) that one sex is purer than the other which disturbs me greatly...

I see it less of a purging of our evil nature, and more of starting an entirely new life: a new body, a new gender, a new name even. Rather than just a transformation, it's so big of a change, it's more like being reborn and retaining some of your prior memories and personality. To me, it isn't about being made a more pure gender, rather it's about a fresh start in a way not possible in reality.

Personally, I feel there can never be enough fanfics involving ponification, TG or not. While I may prefer the TG stories, I have enjoyed a few that were not. You could certainly write your own. Besides that, I don't really see a solution to your complaint. People will write about what interests them most, and if there happen to be more writers interested in TG stories, then we will see more TG stories.

I agree I love the genre regardless of whether or not it meets my particular taste... Yes I could write my own stories but I kinda struggle to see myself single handedly writing what I want you know? It's like eating food if you weren't a cook... You can tell when something tastes off but you can't exactly say what change to the recipe would make it better... Or in other words we all want something but that doesn't mean we know what we want...
Yes I know I don't see much of a solution to my complaint either, and I acknowledge people will write about what they like or for that matter what the majority like.

I see it less of a purging of our evil nature, and more of starting an entirely new life: a new body, a new gender, a new name even. Rather than just a transformation, it's so big of a change, it's more like being reborn and retaining some of your prior memories and personality. To me, it isn't about being made a more pure gender, rather it's about a fresh start in a way not possible in reality.

Yes I can see where you're coming from when I think about it I do line up more with you on the whole "reborn" point of view; I just add the purification aspect as a result of the rebirth into it aswell.
I did just realise something more from your comment though. Odd as it may be I guess I just hold onto the "old memories" more than embrace the "new start"... It is sad though isn't it? that we have to write and read about these things not possible in reality... It makes you think is there some way of achieving this ideal reality? Lol we can dream right?
And then go to the place where dreams come true

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19