Twist! 267 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Hello and welcome to Upstream error con.

The above picture is Badumsquish's reimagining of adult Twist as seen in the FiM finale, to which he also added the following description:

Here’s my alternate design for Twist. So I look at her as a filly and, aside from a more bulbous muzzle and an overbite, she really doesn’t have a different body than a normal filly. In fact, she might even be a little bit plumper than Apple Bloom is. So rather than give her such a drastically different scrawny appearance I wanted to keep her body type mostly the same. So to me, bigger muzzle = bigger nose, so I gave her a muzzle a bit like Saffron Masala, and still with a bit of an overbite but not as pronounced as the one she had as a filly. I definitely wanted to keep the curly mane, but I wanted it to look like she was deliberately styling it rather than it just being naturally curly: since Bonnie looked like Twist as a filly, I wanted to make her mane have curls in it like Bonnie’s. She definitely needed the glasses, but I imagined she would get sick of the big dork glasses at some point and go for something that didn’t obscure 90% of her face. I the end, I like that she still looks plain and dorky, but doesn’t look like a girl Snails :P

This being Badumsquish, I had to check carefully to make sure I hadn't missed any concealed tentacles, but nope, it's the real deal. The full, thick mane works really well for her, although it probably isn't very practical if she's working in the confectionary industry.

For reference, here's the actual finale Twist:

I remember fans being somewhat dissatisfied with adult Twist's canon design, and I can see where they're coming from. It feels like she's been stretched rather than aged. Personally I don't mind it so much, I think the lankiness is kind of endearing. At the time I was more disappointed with Silver Spoon's final form. I mean look at that mane. As if Silver Spoon would ever go out without styling her mane. I demand makeovers for the Adult Three

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

This is a gigantic improvement over the official design. :twilightsmile:

Diamond is the only one of the three that came out looking good, and even then I dunno how I feel about that thin back-mane.

But yeah this is a really solid redesign for Twist! It's not over the top, and still kind of humble, but not Adult Snails. I like the flattering glasses frames, they really bring out her face.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Could've been a bad mane day for adult Silver Spoon. Adult Twist looks too thin, though, like she's been eating nothing but candy canes...

Also, why are they still wearing their old glasses, without lenses in them, even?

--Sweetie Belle

Didn't expect a popup from this group, of all places. But I won't complain. Nice design.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6