The Writeoff Association 937 members · 681 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Titanium Dragon
Group Contributor

As some of you might have noticed, The Royal Guard is doing siteposts again.

Six stories per site post, one story per genre in Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance, Comedy, Slice of Life, and Human.

Many of the folks in the Writeoff Association are good writers, and there are a good number of writeoff stories which have been of very high quality, especially post-revision.

So, when you are are submitting your stories to FIMFiction after the long, laborious process of writing them, watching us all tear them apart, revising them, and then posting them, give a thought to throwing a bone to the Royal Guard and submitting your stories there too, eh?

We can always use good stories, and extra promotion is always nice.

And if you're a real glutton for punishment, consider applying to join up and help us go through stories.

Alaborn
Group Contributor

Are you allowed to submit your own story for this group?

Smaug the Golden
Group Contributor

4703672 Yes. You can only submit your own story, for that matter.

Prak
Group Contributor

4703672 TRG relies primarily on author submissions. Because of the feedback system, submissions by anyone other than the story's author are forbidden.

That doesn't stop a few people from doing it anyway, though, which occasionally leads to some awkward situations.

4703406 I thought the Royal Guard is booked with stories and has a large Queue.

Can old stories be submitted also?

Trick Question
Group Contributor

I'm not certain I understand the purpose of submitting stories.

Calipony
Group Contributor

I suppose it’s like Equestria daily: they don’t cast around for good fictions. They expect author to submit them.

Bachiavellian
Group Contributor

Question: What's the average workload for a TRG Prereader? Is there like a certain number of stories a week each guy's expected to do, or is it on a "help as much as you can" basis?

Titanium Dragon
Group Contributor

It is a "help as much as you can" type thing.

Bachiavellian
Group Contributor

Cool. I'm tentatively thinking about throwing my hat in. We'll see if anything comes out of it, though. :derpytongue2:

wYvern
Group Contributor

4703406 Thanks for the reminder. My previous TRG feature did not do much in terms of story views, but since they're doing site posts like the Seattle's Angels (whose review raked in a lot of views for me), it'll be well worth a shot!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11