The Blind Collab Group 45 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25
ocalhoun
Group Admin

Okay, a bunch of promising writers have shown up (sorry to everyone who was too late or didn't qualify), and now it's time to decide who will write each chapter.

Please take note -- the first and last chapters will be especially difficult:
*The first chapter is especially rewarding because you get to set the premise, pacing, and character of the entire story. It's especially challenging because you need to do so well, and in a way that will allow the fic to develop well under multiple authors. Not only that, but you're the one who needs to edit the thing into a cohesive whole when it's all done.
*The last chapter is especially rewarding because you control the way the fic ends. It's especially challenging because you somehow have to write a complete and satisfying conclusion to a story you know very little about.

That in mind, please reply here and let me know which chapter you'd like to do.
It'll be first-com, first-served, except that the last person who signed up (Jioplip) will be a backup, ready to step in and take over in case someone drops out.

The Listing (Will be updated as replies come in.)
Chapter 1--Neko-sama
Chapter 2--Djragdoll
Chapter 3--Pump It Up
Chapter 4--ThatOneWriter
Chapter 5--Midnight Sonare
Chapter 6--Flint Sparks
Chapter 7--ocalhoun
Backup--Jioplip

I need to finish one more chapter, which would take me a day or two, but after that I'm pretty much free. I can take the second or third chapter.

2559973 Hooray for benchwarming!

I'll just be waiting over here if anyone needs me.

Uh...Chapter three or four (since Rags said two or three). Three is my first choice.

Is this a new one or the same one? Just curious.

I'll take the second, but if someone already want it I could take any other except the first or last (I couldn't stand the pressure of these chapters :fluttershbad:)

Well, shoot. Two and three are pretty much the only numbers anyone seems to want. I suppose I'll take four, with five as a second choice.

Wow, I didn't qualify or something like that, eh? Just as well, really. It gives me more time to focus on putting up my first story on this site (yes, I need to work out the kinks so it can pass moderation (deviantart.com isn't as picky as this site, thank goodness)). Beyond that, I do think that I'll try to get in on the next one.

So, nobody wants 1? *sigh* I suppose I'll be the brave soul...Give me chapter 1!:flutterrage::flutterrage:

ocalhoun
Group Admin

Okay, got it down. And with those choices and me taking the last chapter, that leaves only one unclaimed, which goes to Flint Sparks
Now we're ready to go! :yay:

Yeah... sorry, but it was specified, only authors who have already published at least one story. I'm sure you can get one out in time for the next collab.

Yeah, this is a new one. I restarted it when I found out that the previously chosen 1st chapter author apparently went awol.

So, I write the chapter 5. It's ok, though I would have preferred one closer. I have to wait too much :fluttershbad:

One question: How is that I will receive the chapter and how do I'll send it to the next one?

Alright I'll be free this weekend, I'll have it done three-four days after the first chapter is done. Can't wait.:pinkiehappy:

Ah darn. I woulda loved to participate. Oh, always next time I guess!

ocalhoun
Group Admin

Yeah, sorry about not being able to get a closer one, but they were all already taken.
And, to answer your question, the author of chapter 4 (ThatOneWriter) will send you chapter 4, and then you'll write chapter 5, proofread chapter 4, and send only chapter 5 to the next writer (Flint Sparks).
(At each stage of the process, let me know it happened, so I can update the group page.)

Hopefully, chapter 1 will be done by then. The deadline is 40 days, though, so it could be longer.

Yeah, I wish you could have gotten in on this one, too.
Oh well, yep, better luck next time! (Or start another blind collab group; there definitely seems to be enough people eager to write one!)

I understand that part. What I mean is, how does he is going to send me the chapter? Google docs? an email? a PM?

ocalhoun
Group Admin

Oh!

I'll leave that for individual authors to decide; whatever's easiest for the two of you.

Oh well, that means I have to get in touch with them.

As you're the one who will write the preceding chapter to mine, how are you going to send me it? I prefer Google docs, but if there is any easier way to send it tell me.

GDocs works for me. I'll add you to the document once the chapter is finished.

Well, then all I have to do is wait... A long wait :raritydespair:

Hey, um...this my sound weird, but this used to be Djragdoll. I kind of changed the name, sorry if that messed anything up.:twilightblush:

ocalhoun
Group Admin

It's good to let me know, so that when I look at the list later, I won't think the username has disappeared! :derpyderp2:

Yeah that's the same thing I thought but then I tried the link.

Hey, the collab is still going on? I haven't seen any update here and the deadline of the first chapter has expired.

Is there any new progress with this, or is the collab dead?

ocalhoun
Group Admin

I think we may have hit a hitch, yes.
Sidain hasn't passed on his chapter, and isn't responding to my PM's.
I'll give him a couple more days (until Monday), and if he still hasn't, then chapter 2 will go to our backup writer instead.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25