Nightmare Moon Is The Best Pony 1,932 members · 783 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Caesar Salad
Group Admin

It’s been quite a long time, but finally, here are the results for our second contest. Despite how long we took to release these results, I am confident in saying that this has been our best contest to date, with four brilliant entries (that’s quite a lot for a group as small as ours). :pinkiehappy:

As always if you have any suggestions on how to improve upon our contests, please do tell us, we always appreciate the support. :raritywink:

As a side note, I’d like to introduce Cryptech, our newest admin. Please give him a warm welcome, for I am sure he will do well during his time here. He even wrote all the reviews, so take from that as you will. :derpytongue2:

Anyway, onto the results and I’d like to point out once more that no matter what has been said, all the entries were great in one way or another, and your dark queen is proud of your support. :twilightsmile:

So here we go, and this time I actually want a drum roll Nightmare Moon, otherwise I’ll-

Again? Again? Why you… Oh whatever, you’re too cute to stay mad at forever! (on a side note we need more Nightmare Moon gifs, just saying).

In fourth we have...
Lunar Limbo
By Pump It Up

“Lunar Limbo” gives exactly what it says on the tin, with a little more on the side. You are transported to a cold and dark expanse, where Luna battles her parasitic counterpart, Nightmare.
This well-crafted story details the struggle within Luna after her banishment. It is refreshing to see these events explored from Luna’s perspective, successfully creating a sense of empathy for the lunar princess.
If you are at all interested in the events of Luna’s banishment and eventual return, then you owe it to yourself to give this short story a read and see it all from a new perspective.

Taking bronze today we have...
I Thought White Was For Virgins
By The Wraith Writer

I thought this was a well-executed comedy/romance with a very interesting premise. The story was pushed along nicely with devices such as the “Y’know” game, which also provided great entertainment! I particularly enjoyed the references to the show with the wedding invitation being received whilst they were having their picnic.
In conclusion this was very entertaining for its length and I would strongly recommend you give it a read, whether you are usually a fan of this type of story or not!

Taking a shinny silver, we have...
A Creature of The Dark
By Xhoral1865

An excellent piece that explores Luna’s internal struggles after her banishment. The concept of this story has always been of interest to me personally and is something that many of us can probably relate to on a slightly lesser level.
With the length of this story in mind, it feels almost poetic in the way it is told; alluding to certain details such as location in order to allow you to see all sides of the story. Sitting at only a little over 1000 words at present, why wouldn’t you take the opportunity to read an intriguing story, showcasing often over-looked perspectives?

And now, in first place, winning the prestigious gold medal, is...

The Nightmare Omen
By TheKissoftheVoid

This story immediately caught my eye as it was several thousand words longer than the other 3 entries, but it managed to successfully keep me enthralled for the duration (a very difficult task!). It had me intrigued from the very start with its dream-scape setting and imaginative descriptions.
As the story progressed further I was introduced to several familiar faces, along side a couple of new ones. These characters were all fleshed out nicely within comparatively few words, showing both their motives and histories very effectively.
Without spoiling the story for any prospective readers, I would highly recommend that you make time to read this mini-epic* about the night and the dreams it can bring. *(I think this could easily be expanded into a fully-fledged epic with the events set in motion).

If anyone wants a full review --constructive criticism included-- feel free to PM Pearple about it, he practically volunteered for it anyway! :trollestia:

And that’s that then! Congratulations to TheKissoftheVoid for winning, your story will be featured on the front cover of our group page, as well as being permanently placed in the winners’ folder for all of eternity, right next to Cryptech’s story. :rainbowkiss:

Thank you to everyone else who participated, our dark queen is always pleased when stories about her are written. You have all done Equestria’s true leader proud. :yay:

That’s all for now though, thank you once more for participating, and stay tuned for the next contest, along with any news on our group. Now go and spread the great word of our night queen! :rainbowdetermined2:

Disclaimer: I feel bad writing criticism, so I apologise if anyone felt like my short reviews were too vague, but I really thought all of the entries were very good and made picking a winner rather difficult. As stated above, if you'd like a more in-depth and critical analysis of your story then feel free to ask any of us and your request will be directed to whoever feels they can best provide it. Well done! :pinkiehappy:

I can't believe I got the silver!! That's so awesome!

3203554 Hello there new admin!

3203554 Hello there new admin.
Do you, perchance, like penguins?:duck:

3203535 Next contest soon, please?:fluttershysad:

3203535 Omigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigosh! :rainbowkiss: Thank you guys! I'm honored!
And I would love an in-depth including criticism review if you guys have the time!:pinkiehappy:

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

We shall see :raritywink:

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

He he, I'm glad you like the results :rainbowwild:
And I'm sure Cryptech or pearple can provide and in depth reveiw, I for one am terrible at them :twilightoops:

3204589 I need an excuse to not do actual work quick!

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

And fics for our contest's are substitutes for that work? For shame :trollestia:

3206228 I thought we've been over this.
I have no shame.

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

*Rechecks stories*
This is obvious. May you continue to provide the comedic slice to our contests for many months to come :twilightsmile:

3206244 Oddly enough I just had a great Idea for a Dark tag story.
The title shall be What are Nightmares Afraid Of?

On that note, are we limited to one story entry per contest?:duck:

Caesar Salad
Group Admin

As of right now yes, but the rules for the next contest are still up for debate. What that basically means is we shall see :raritywink:

And you don't have to wait until the next contest to write, we are always happy to receive new stories for this group :twilightsmile: (Always helps with the publicity)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15