Viking Hoof
Group Admin

Character submissions should have:
Name:
Religion/lack of religion:
Job:
Political faction:
Noble dynasty (if any):

As of right now I e only really thought up a few group sets.

Profession/job
Military commanders/beuracrats
Politicians
Business leaders
Religious (Fantasi, Faustian, or Celestial)
Lords (can be politicians but most serve in army.

I've also thought up 4 political categories which will hopefully get broken up into sub groups by players (Frack the two party system!)
Of the main 4 role players can only eschew 2 of them:
Fiscal conservative
Fiscal Liberal
Social conservative
Social liberal.

There are three main noble bloodlines for lords who own land and noble blooded standard ponies.

Vin: The smallest bloodline, but Princesse Scribble is a not to distant member of it. Their dynasty sports a line of famous artists and inventors but besides the Princesse (CUTE Conglomerate owner), they are usually short on martial skill and money. They have made recent progress politically. There is a rift forming between the creators and the politicians and the family is at risk.

Spectrum: Rainbow Dash and her line are distantly related to this group. (RD x Norse Pony shout out!) they are usually military ponies and are given more oppurtunities in battle than other commandants. Scribble is a extremely distant dynasty member.

Goldmane: The richest dynasty, the Goldmanes are the richest dynasty made up mostly of bussiness ponies. They are also the stereotypical artist.

Religiously, Scandineighvia has a higher rate if atheism than other countries, and they have clung to their Fantasi/Pagan routs. There has been more determined attempts to inject Celestial and Faustian values into the country via conversion, but progress is slow.

((Note, Scandineighvia =/= Scandinavia))

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

Princesse Cute Scribble, or formally known as Princesse Yndig Skissa.

Female

Alicorn

19 years old

Her special talent is drawing well and having those drawings come to life.

Her cutie mark is two pencils crossed crowned with a heart.

She is small, with a short horn, white coat, bright red mane+ tail, and blue eyes. Sometimes her hooves are painted blue or red.

Fantasi

Princesse

Social Liberal (still nuetral fiscally)

Somewhat related to Vin, and distantly to Spectrum.

Profession/job
Military commanders/beuracrats
Politicians
Business leaders
Religious (Fantasi, Faustian, or Celestial)
Lords (can be politicians but most serve in army.

Suppose I want my oc in the military, but I don't want it to be a military commander.:trixieshiftright:

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1834193 a well connected soldier is acceptable, but you might have trouble in intrigue and stuff.

Alrighty, i'll rethink a little bit and get back to you

F4D3
Group Admin

Question, are these factions going to be built up and strengthen overtime? How much of the economy is taking place in this RP, and how in depth will it be? Is there a possibility of allegiances between different powers? Will one conglomerate eventually outshine the others through massively new and productive inventions, buildings, upgrades, etc.

Basically, what kind of RP are you wanting this to be, more of a strategy game, or more like a court room drama type deal?

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1837228 The factions desolve and combine as role players join or create new ones. This is basically just a politics and intrigue roleplay.

Economy is both money, popularity, and fame. There are all going to be a bit ambiguous with me and one or two admins running things. Events will be a cross between D&D and some other ideas, with players presenting their actions and me or other admins issuing results if they are national scale stuff. One on one social stuff will be like Weston but events will be player initiated (except for most elections, world events, and global economic stuff.)

F4D3
Group Admin

So, that means you, or maybe someone else, would act as a sort of GM? I guess I should have been a bit more specific. How deep is this going to be? How much of the nation/s are we expected to run, a portion of it? All of it? How much of an impact are our decisions going to make on this world?

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1837770 well most of the major stuff will be there, but players run things as they bring them into the rp. This is a political RP with ponies being in the military, government, religious organizations, and business. They run whatever their job would be expected to in real life. Business ponies can just own the business as it runs the background (easier but more exposed to economic events), or they can rp about directly managing whatever business they have.

GMs are expected to look at what they do, rate its profitability/ popularity/ religious somthing/ military something, and post that. The biggest issue is stat and record keeping. This RP will need a accountant and a historian if things get big (but that's unlikely)

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1837770 they will be limited to the national level (Scandineighvia not Equestrian Empire). They might be able to run for the imperial senate though, or expand their business into other nations if it gets that big (again, thats unlikely)

BTW all of these questions really cause me to think and plan more, thank you!

F4D3
Group Admin

1837820>>1837834
Alright, that clears a bit of my worries a little, I was just thinking to myself... Well, what's stopping the government from declaring war on another country? Although, remaining ambiguous to a subject until it comes up in discussion might be a bit dangerous, especially if the GM can't think on their toes quick enough, but yeah, stat recording will definitely need to be kept up pretty tightly, maybe ask Midnight or someone, or if no one else wants to I guess I could do it.

Also, slightly smaller question, do you plan on advertising this group once all the kinks are out?

F4D3
Group Admin

Oh, and sorry for piling all these questions on you at once... I just really want this to work :twilightblush:

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1837890 you are my first canidate, since you will hopefully roleplay as Scribble's secret lez lover (or male if you prefer). In this situation, I dont want my character to have no politcal weaknesses, and having a dark secret is just the best way to make her flawed.

I would also love you as a admin, but for major stuff, there will be a set of admin joint accounts, one for public, one for economy, and one for genereal admin stuff.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1837890 They can declare war if the situation is right (public support, more powerful position etc etc) and the most likely countries are germaneigh (to secure historicly Scandineighvian lands and secure both the canals) or Crystal Empire (to protect and expand their holdings on the west continent currently being harrased)

F4D3
Group Admin

1838089>>1838089
So will this all be canon then?

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1838161 no. This will be a spin off verse.

Comment posted by Viking Hoof deleted Sep 28th, 2013
F4D3
Group Admin

Alright, got it.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1838200 if you are going to be Scribble's Secret consort, and or a admin plz post your char!

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1838200 if you are going to be Scribble's Secret consort, and or a admin plz post your char!

F4D3
Group Admin

I still need time to think... I'd like to see how this develops a bit more, maybe learn a bit more about each religion and such, before posting a character. You'd like the relationship to be Lez, yes?

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1838289 yes
Fantasi believe in the goddess Fantasi, She represents Inspiration, Imagination, and Insanity, and she is also called the goddess of perception.

Celestial is the Worship of Celestia it is a generic religion and has some distrust of homosexuals but not because of Celestia herself.

I havent really decided what Faustian willl be like.

F4D3
Group Admin

Hmm... I see... I could try and help you with them, flush them out a bit, maybe add some depth and history to them, but only if you want, I sorta know a lot about creating my own religions...

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1838796 go ahead! Fantasi is going to be the main, but since I'm not really into religion, I dont know that much about making them up.

F4D3
Group Admin

I understand, and I'll try my best not to disappoint you :pinkiesad2:

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1838892 thanks, and Im sure you wont!

F4D3
Group Admin

I like you a lot Vikinga. And I really want you to succeed with this, I just hope I can help out in the long run.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1839678 well, the only way it can succeed is if the role players take the initiative on starting events (stabbing each other in the back.) I can't be on here as much as Silvy or Cely is for Weston.

F4D3
Group Admin

Silvy's only on consistently on the weekends, and Cielia doesn't really do much to run RP, most of that falls on either me or Silvy, or Midnight in some cases. I'll do my best with what we have, maybe see if a few more people are interested in playing this, and look for a few more admins to help run things when either of us aren't around.

Comment posted by FenrisianBrony deleted Sep 29th, 2013
Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1850647 kk social political status? Origin story (Unicorns are less common)? Number of generations from main bloodline.

Will make changes then. Are Earth ponies any more common, or is it mostly bat-ponies?

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1850932 it's mostly Pegasi and Earth ponies, the air navy is mostly Pegasi, and the army is mostly earth pony. You can be unicorn, just tell a bit more about your families past. Bat ponies are uncommon outside the Lunarstate.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1850647 also, air navy aka airships, not much of a real sea navy.

Cool, I'll make the needed changes then.

Name: Storm Surge

Race: Unicorn

Cutie Mark: A Sextant over a map.

Other Physical attributes: Storm Surge boasts a jet black coat, complimented by a dark red mane which he oft styles into a duel Mohawk of sorts. While this is usually frowned upon, Surge has proved himself competent enough for this to be overlooked. Another thing that makes Storm Surge stand out in a crowd is his scarred and pitted face, coming from years of service aboard serving military ships.

Backstory: Storm Surges family line originated from some of the oldest unicorn bloodlines in Equestria, supposedly being related to princess sapphire herself. However, as the years went on, the family became less obsessed with preserving the purity of its bloodline, and intermingled with other bloodlines of worth.
Storm Surge himself can trace his family line back to its origin with the Spectrum family merging to create the Surge bloodline, which causes most of the family to be born as Pegasus, it being a more dominant allele than that of the Unicorn. This makes Storm a valuable asset to the Surge family, and they were against his intentions of joining the navy. Never the less, he signed up, serving on-board multiple air-ships as a lieutenant, before being given his first command, and rising through the ranks to a full captain.
Storm himself is very modest when it comes to his own past, hating the fact that many see his position attained only because of his ancestry. However, he has proved on multiple locations that this is not the case, and is instead based on his knowledge of air-ship navigation and combat, and his charisma with any crew he serves with.

Special talent: Navigation across oceans

Position: Captain of the heavy cruiser Colossus (Air-ship)

Religion: Atheist

Political Faction: Fiscal conservative

Political Status: High in matters concerning the military, considered low in other regards.

Noble bloodline (if any): Surge. A split of family from the Spectrum bloodline. Seven generations from main Spectrum bloodline.

Redone. How's this?

1834075 Name: Captain Clown
Race: Pegasus
Physical description: Looks the same as the user called "Captain Clown" minus the frown and the fact that he's a human in the picture.
Religion/lack of religion: Atheist.
Job: International Drug Dealer/ Runs a drug business.
Political faction: None. Captain Clown doesn't like governments.
Noble dynasty (if any): Sorry but what does that mean?

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

((trust me, he doesnt have any noble blood in him))

(( is he liberal or conservative belief whise?))

Name: Moxi

Race: Pegasus

Physical description: White pegasus with green eyes and a short mane of purple streaked with silver, wears glasses and has scars both around her eyes and a large burn scar around her throat. Cutie mark is a biohazard symbol.

Origin Story: Born in Equestria, Moxi left her small hometown to be with her love, Chillwind. Eventually, Chillwind joined the military and wound up MIA, Moxi joined the military to find her, winding up working with Special Forces and discovering Chillwind's death. Moxi was heavily wounded in combat and wound up retiring from the military, but not before becoming closely entangled with military leadership. Deciding that she was unsuited for complete civilian life, Moxi joined Her Majesty's Secret Service to serve her nation.
Amid the recent increase in political tensions between Scandeneighvia and Germaneigh, Moxi is sent to provide her support to the Scandeneighvian leadership.

Religion/lack of religion: Atheist

Job: Equestrian Royal Guard (ex-Military)

Political faction: Social Liberal

Noble dynasty: Commoner

Comment posted by Viking Hoof deleted Sep 30th, 2013
Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1855532 By Secret Service do you mean Royal guard?

I suppose so, sort of a higher level royal guard position would be the most accurate in absence of an actual Secret Service.

In theory, she and her subordinates would answer directly to the Princess and as a result would be a lot of the behind-the-scenes power for the Monarchy.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1858421 okay, next question, air navy guard? (ship) air guard (pegasi stationed on said ships or just from the marines) or knight? (army)

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1858421 *pegasi fighters (speed launched armored pegasi with slightly heavier weapons,) or marines

Well, probably Air Guard initially, but she would have been recruited into Special Forces, winding up a Black Ops Agent outside of the typical military force. Sort of a "tweak one thing to change the course of the war" kind of agency, y'know?

(This is all based off the character of Moxi from my NLR vs Solar Empire story, if it conflicts with the RP's canon, let me know and I'll be more than happy to adjust it.)

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1858492 ((it kinda conflicts as there is no Lunar Republican revolution in this verse, what I mean by air guard is kinda a cross between a fighter plane and a paratrooper. They are launched by carriers and maintain high speed until they reach their target, then they fight like jet troopers using clouds as landing pads or boarding, or they land on the ground and fight as paratroopers. They are armored and carry automatic weapons or heavy weapons.))

I understand there being no NLR revolution, but I figured that if there's an established military, there was a war at some point, right?

I figured I'd just adapt her military history into whatever the equivalent would be in this world.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1858521 there was the Strange War about 7 years ago, it happened mostly on the Griffonian/Germaneigh border, but there were some skirmishes between Scandineighvia and Germaneigh.
Its part of the reason Griffonia and Scandineighvia are so close while Germaniegh and Scandineighvia hate each other.

There wasn't the crystal technology that made airfighter Pegasi possible, but you could say that she was a airmarine that is now in the Royal AirFighter Squadron.

Check out the ship design page for how Airfighter Pegasi look.

Ah, okay. Well would the idea of a Black Ops not work in this canon?

Her military history prior to becoming an Agent isn't as relevant, as she would establish her connections and learn her most valuable skills as a member of Special Operations and the Royal Guard.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 58