~The Decent Writers Club~ 1,674 members · 9,286 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

I've been a member of the site since around the beginning of the year and have been working away on a set of stories.

Previously, I've written in another fandom as part of a group (and still do) but that means I've got them to fall back on for feedback and the like. Therefore, I decided to push myself here to do something different and on my own.

So, what am I writing I hear you all ask?
Marking the Generations is a reimagining of the later stages of the Make Your Mark series. Follow the adventures of Sunny, Hitch, Izzy, Zipp and Pipp as they make a new friend in Misty and meet two ponies from a past generation.

Twilight Sparkle has always done her best for Equestria. As her reign finally ends, she realises her final decision to safeguard Equestria will have consequences. However, let it not be said that Twilight Sparkle ever left Equestria to its own devices.
Calling on Starlight Glimmer and Sunset Shimmer. She transports them through time to assist the new generation to identify the Elements of Unity and defeat the evil she was unable to alone.

This is formed of Four Parts. Parts One and Two are completed whilst Part Three is releasing currently and I've got plans for Part Four coming together. Details below:

EMarking the Generations – Part One
A reimagining of the later stages of the Make your Mark series. Follow the adventures of Sunny, Hitch, Izzy, Zipp, Pipp and Misty as they meet two ponies from the past, Starlight Glimmer and Sunset Shimmer. Then try to find the Elements of Unity.
Glimbursts · 37k words  ·  39  1 · 1k views
EMarking the Generations – Part Two
A reimagining of the later stages of the Make your Mark series. In this second part, Peach Fizz and Glory suddenly go missing, their disappearance being strangely connected to Misty’s dreams. Can our heroes unravel the mystery in time to save them?
Glimbursts · 34k words  ·  20  2 · 427 views
EMarking the Generations – Part Three
The third part of Marking the Generations, a reimagining of the later stages of the Make your Mark series. Opaline's plans are kicking into the next gear! Will our heroes rescue Sunset or will her appearance at Opaline’s door turn into a Nightmare?
Glimbursts · 32k words  ·  15  1 · 268 views

What I am most eager to hear are thoughts on the proofreading aspect. I feel this has improved greatly in part three which should have far fewer errors. I have been through Parts One and Two since they were released but I'm eager to hear if people can see any improvement.

There is a wonderful group of people who are commenting on each chapter who I am extremely grateful for. However, comments and feedback are what I thrive on so I'm hoping posing in another group will attract more that will help me improve further. :twilightsmile:

So, Marking the Generations Part Three is now complete.

EMarking the Generations – Part Three
The third part of Marking the Generations, a reimagining of the later stages of the Make your Mark series. Opaline's plans are kicking into the next gear! Will our heroes rescue Sunset or will her appearance at Opaline’s door turn into a Nightmare?
Glimbursts · 32k words  ·  15  1 · 268 views

However, the final part is just around the corner and Equestria is under attack! With Opaline stealing everypony's cutie marks, will her long awaited release from her castle prison comes to pass?
Can our heroes defeat her for good or will it take more than the combined efforts of six individual ponies to do so?
What of Peach Fizz? Will she finally be free of Opaline's control?
Will Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer return to their time knowing their new friends were triumphant?

I am hoping that the first two chapters of Part Four will be released Easter Monday:

EMarking the Generations – Part Four
The fourth part of Marking the Generations, a reimagining of the later stages of the Make your Mark series. Equestria is under attack! Can our heroes stand united to prevail against Opaline or will she be free from her castle prison?
Glimbursts · 59k words  ·  14  0 · 224 views

The fourth part of Marking the Generations, a reimagining of the later stages of the Make your Mark series. Equestria is under attack! Can our heroes stand united to prevail against Opaline or will she be free from her castle prison?

Marking the Generations, Part Four is now up to Seventeen chapters. At the moment, it's looking like there will be Twenty One in total.

That means we're getting closer and closer towards the end of the story. :fluttershbad:

However, the latest chapter, chapter Seventeen, I feel is one of the best I've produced so far. I'm eager to hear what people think of it. :yay:

Also, I have ideas for future stories which will follow on with the continuity I've set up in Marking the Generations. :raritywink:
So whilst we're nearing the end, this end will only be the beginning. :pinkiehappy:

After a short break to recharge the creative juices the final part of Marking the Generations is on the last lap.

It's been an epic experience writing for MLP after years writing fanfiction for a different show. What I most want to know is was splitting it into four parts worth it?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4