Brainstorming and Story Swap Directive 196 members · 188 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

That nicks at the back of your head even though you know you might not be able to pull it off? I mean you'd rather save everyone the eyesore and yourself the headache of writing what your not sure can be done,at least not done by you. I've had those a few those and was curious if others have had them to.

The last story I hit the "publish" button on happened on January 4th. My unsubmitted block has five unfinished stories in it.

3766081 Taking a look at your page,your a rockstar regardless. Hardly any thumbs down on your stories. :ajsmug:

3766028 I haven't written anything for months. I have the same problem: can I execute my story correctly? I'm just going to go for it, as I've decided. If you think you can't handle it, either find someone to help you or just shelve the idea for a while.

3766028 I've written a story that I didn't want to publish. I gave it away, and now it's published under another author which relieves me of responsibility for it. :moustache:

There are also some ideas that I don't trust myself with. One of them is Ponies react to My Little Pony.

3767437 I've wondered why no one has thought to have an actual equine of some type from our world go to theirs without a human.

3768186 I've seen a fic where Twilight tries to communicate with an Earth horse. If the horse came to Equestria, it could look very simmilar.

3768186 I have four ideas that just won't let me be, stories I've been working on for some time and repeatedly fear will not get finished, though I do aim to finish them.

1)Legend of Spyro: Equestria's Legacy - A retelling of the Legend of Spyro series, following an original story centered around Spyro, a human influence in Equestria, a look at the history and legacy of Dragons (who in this world call themselves the Draig) and the return of an ancient force potentially more powerful than Celestia, Luna and all the elements of Harmony, forcing all of them to unite with humanity and the Draig against it, with Spyro in the centre of the whole event.
2)The Lion and the Wolf - A tale revolving around Tywin Lannister and Eddard Stark as Discord whisks them away at the time of their deaths, transforms them into a Lion and Wolf respectivly and subtly forces them into helping the three tribes in the past to survive, as well as unintentionally becoming the adoptive fathers of Celestia and Luna, a tale of two different men forced to work together and attempt to redeem themselves of their mistakes in their past lives by uniting a divided land against their own hubris.
3) The Chronicles of Equis - Fantasy rewrite of the first two parter
4) Dragon Age Equestria - Doing for Dragon Age what Fallout Equestria did for, well Fallout, Dragon Age Equestria explores how a world of unity and friendship was founded. Far from being a land of tolerance and friendship this Equestria is a land more reminicent of Thedas. Magic is feared, Unicorns and Mages are locked away for fear of their power, Kingdoms and Empires gnaw at each others throats, oh and the Soul Eaters are attempting to destroy everything (Soul eaters are collectively Changelings, Sirens and Windigos, all once Unicorn Mages who were corrupted by a spell gone wrong, a spell that was intended to transform them into Alicorns). Now its up to six (no not the Mane 6, this is set way before Celestia and Luna's reign) companions, including Starswirl Greymane (the Bearded), to resist the newest Blight and unite the warring races into one people, or else let everything fall to ruin.

So. those are my ideas in a nutshell, any thoughts about them you'd like to share?

1.Never been a huge HIE fic fan with the exception of a few(by that I mean 2 of them) that I've come across in the 2ys I've been here. Concept does sound interesting though with the spyro part.

2.Loved game of thrones.You'd probably have to be careful in making sure that you add it when ponies and equestria are involved or they won't except it if you try to submit it with just explain the 2 of them and these other animals. On top of that some might thumbs down the fact that ponies of any clan at the time would accept a talking wolf and lion as leaders when at that time period before Equestria's founding we know they found their own fellow ponies abilities of magic weird and shun-able. Seems to much a hassle to me but I only have three stories with just one complete,the other cancelled,and the last not updated since June so I can't judge.:fluttershbad: Ignore all that,I just now looked at your page and with 33 thumbs up you've no doubt covered what I was rambling about apparently very well.
3.Interesting premise.
4.I've been meaning to see a let's play of that game on youtube at some point. Looks like an exciting game but with the description you put it sounds like it would be pretty epic tale. I'd probably check it out myself. Go for it. If you can mix GOT with mlp and make it work that 33 people give you thumbs up, then I'd say you've got the skill to mix anything you put your mind to.

Comment posted by Charzoid deleted Nov 5th, 2014

Other than the deep down craving for a Naruto-esque Equestria world, I keep getting the desire to create story where the central villain plunges the world into mayhem, using the Elements of Harmony to encase Discord into stone and use more conventional magic to fight against the alicorn 4-some.

It has been shaping, but I can't seem to get the direction in there. Very concerned now actually with whether I can finish the job or not.

3766028 Oh, yes. I have one idea for a crossover that's been swinging between the writer's block and the chopping block for two months now.

Pinkie Pie and the Gay Ray.

Pinkie Pie hears from someone that being "Gay" means to be happy. And she, being who she is, wants everypony to be happy. This results in the invention known as the Gay Ray, which makes anyone it hits instantly gay, regardless of previous orientations.

What follows is chaos the likes of which even Discord shies away from.

3768382 I never did check to see if you saw my reply to you but I hope at this point you've decided what to do with your ideas.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16