Comments ( 41 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 41
L4
L4 #1 · Sep 21st, 2013 · · ·

Like make a fic similar in awesomeness like http://www.fimfiction.net/story/10717/imperishable-night ?

All the fics out or those found by our group are below par in comparison to that awesome tale.

:applejackunsure: Our group isn't all that since there's the famous touhou group: www.shrinemaiden.org

All discussion ever existed has been done there or reddit.

:\

FlanChan
Group Admin

It would be pretty fun to do a big Touhou/MLP collab :pinkiehappy:

I would be be on it. Collabs are always fun and interesting to do! :pinkiehappy:

L4

1796728>>1796760

:duck: I wonder if we should do an adaptation or a real crossover.

Then again it's a group calling.

zel
Group Contributor

All discussion ever existed has been done there or reddit.

But we are bronies and touhou fans at once. That is the reason the group was made.

And sure, but I suck at writing.

I've been planning to make an adaptation for Embodiment of Scarlet Devil for quite some time, but I pushed it in order to keep the pacing of updates of my main fic stable. Why don't you propose a voting thread for the admins, and gather everyone who's interested in writing the fic first? :moustache:

Divine Path
Group Contributor

No, you're simply not skillful in extracting things from your head.:raritywink:
I do not jest.:ajbemused: Inability to settle on something does not equal incompetence.

L4

Yeah, I get that... but hmm... :unsuresweetie: lack of recent activities.

And sure, but I suck at writing.

Plotting and structuring a story is important. Or art, but that's hard to say.

zel
Group Contributor

Inability to settle on something does not equal incompetence.

No, it is pretty much exactly that.

There are things we are good at, and things we will always be bad at, no matter the training.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Perhaps.:duck:
It cannot be a 'Five Score Divided by Four'/'Pony Earth(Gensokyo)verse' type fiction though.
It is banned.:rainbowhuh:
I really want to use the original characters by 'ido'. :twilightoops: That would unfortunately by copyright infringement.:raritydespair:

L4

I've been planning to make an adaptation for Embodiment of Scarlet Devil for quite some time, but I pushed it in order to keep the pacing of updates of my main fic stable. Why don't you propose a voting thread for the admins, and gather everyone who's interested in writing the fic first?

That's a great idea.

I'm more for crossovers, though headcanon's /canonland and fandomlandcanon's are hard to place down in groups.

<3... I can't say that Cirno x over fic wasn't all bad... but I didn't full agree with it's sequel.

>> Divine Path

It cannot be a 'Five Score Divided by Four'/'Pony Earth(Gensokyo)verse' type fiction though.

?? what is that at all??

Comment posted by L4 deleted Sep 21st, 2013
Divine Path
Group Contributor

But once you can settle on a concept and you know how to utilize it, you make production efficiently.:duck:
You do know how to utilize concepts, but you do not know which to use. Overcome that barrier and still have problems with utilizing it, then you can announce to the Internet that you 'suck'.:raritydespair:

Five Score, Divided by More is a universe where humans received a pony's cutie mark, and slowly, their bodies started to change into that of the pony, or other creature they had gained a piece of, until the transformation was complete.

Pony Earthverse is almost the same, except that the transformation wasn't gradual, but rather abruptly. They went to sleep one night, and then *poof* they became a pony in the morning, remaining only with their personalities.

Divine used a pun, exchanging Earth for Gensokyo. :rainbowlaugh:

zel
Group Contributor

1796800 Well I am not as writer ._.

1796817 Just one of the many different kinds of different banned fics.

1796858 No no no, I am good at coming up with concept, structure, mood; I just cannot write. Language barrier. :pinkiesmile:

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Fiction where the premise is that a pandemic spreads across Earth(or Gensokyo in this case) that turns them to ponies and where the transformation is gradual and not complete in one chapter. The former refers to an on-going story where a selection of humans finds themselves gradually turning into ponies for absolutely no reason(the's a somewhat obvious plot twist later on). The latter to a collaboration between completely unrelated Authors where the humans instantly turn into ponies and Discord is trying to take control over Earth and Equestria and does so very openly.:duck:

L4

:rainbowderp: wow... my mind is blown.

But I would never write a fic like that.

<3... so we have four active members which is great.

If you have concepts, than anything is possible... don't let it get you down and if we work as a group the chances of improving heighten. Anyway It's possible we can start a on order ideas around, adaption or crossover, type of genre and plots, especially character reactions and dynamic with one another.

Let's not give up before we try :twilightsmile:

More details, but thanks for explaining... I've always hated those type of stories.

Also HiE stories that don't consider clopping the same as yiff (if that's what it's called). Then again most HiE stories don't go well and make no sense, feeling all the more gary/mary sue. despite how well-written it is. A Brony insert fic.

I think we got more. Timely-tardis lego is active. I always see him posting threads.

Ask Divine if she can tell you anymore people, I don't flock around this group as much as I should. :duck:

Divine Path
Group Contributor

I didn't say that conceiving ideas was your problems. What I said was exactly what you just replied to me with.
Putting them 'unto paper' is what is problematic.:twilightsheepish:
But that can be an easy problem to elude. All it requires is patience and calm.
Please do not depreciate yourself until you have overcome the language barrier and have proven beyond a doubt that you cannot write.
That very notion is foolish.:ajbemused: I know you have the latent power within you to tell a story.

And if you truly have so much problems converting words from your Polish heritage into English, then please ask for help. :ajsleepy:
I may be of use.:twilightsheepish:

L4

*nods* I was just counting in this 'collab' thing but yeah there should be at least 10 (give or take) of active members. Then there are observers that just wait for updates, which is understandable.

zel
Group Contributor

have so much problems converting words from your Polish heritage into English

I write in English directly, I cannot imagine attempting coming up with stuff and then translating it.

Then again most HiE stories don't go well and make no sense, feeling all the more gary/mary sue. despite how well-written it is. A Brony insert fic.

There are many unique and good HiEs. There is as many poni self insert as human self insert, so this is not really an argument here.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

I haven't read the two of them for a while.:twilightsheepish: I might have forgotten a teensy bit about them.
I actually like FSDbF, but I agree that the second might be losing its drive.:duck:

Right, I will be going to google docs right now and start to get the creative juices flowing, let's see if I can devise some kind of interesting and fun prompt for us, start looking for writers up for the challenge. :duck:

I would so be in on this, but I have a number of projects already, and I'm rubbish at collabs, sadly.

L4

There are many unique and good HiEs. There is as many poni self insert as human self insert, so this is not really an argument here.

I know but sometimes you have to search high and low for them. Then again I'm just against the idea that an actual human would ever fall in love and have sex with a talking pony. A pony is always going to be a pony.

But I know the Chessboard of the gods series is amazing, a Gilda/Lyra and human adventure fic is good....

But most HiE fics is about pairing... :\

I haven't read the two of them for a while. I might have forgotten a teensy bit about them.

:twilightblush: Are we talking about groups or stories?

I actually like FSDbF, but I agree that the second might be losing its drive.

FSDbF sounds hard to pull off... but everybody has their taste.

:pinkiehappy: Okay!

-------------------------------------------------------

All in All we could always par in groups to help allow ideas flow Like Divine Path for Zel.

:) group efforts depends on everybody.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

It matters not.:unsuresweetie:
I simply accepted that the language barrier is problematic to overcome.:duck:

L4

If this ever becomes a thing

Type of Story: Adaptation or Crossover

Genre of Story/ Miminlistic ideas of how it should be: Slice of life, adventure, damnaku battles, etc etc

Characters:

Touhou:

MLP:

or and MLP Pony playing the role of a certain Touhou character.

Plot:

Original plot (made by writers)

Reused Plot (from canon)

Subplots:

Between chosen characters & (if made) Original characters

People involved: Writers/beta/dialogue & etc

Writers: Those that write actively

Storyborders: Creating the plot and contruction

Beta readers Jack of all trades in seeing faults

Dialogue: Improving pacing/flow of dialogue

Descriptions Helping detailing and flow between character and ambitiation.

FlanChan
Group Admin

1796968>>1796962>>1796957>>1796938
Should there be a new thread where we compile ideas for a story, or should it be on a Google Doc (everyone would be able to edit, but please refrain from editing other people's ideas. Comments on them are fine, though)?
I want it to be where people put their ideas for stories and then after X amount of time we vote for which ever one(s) we want to do.
We can handle who does what when we get there.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

The Pony Earthverse is an accumulation of perspectives that ultimately forms an entire story.
The various authors eventually 'team up' with each other.:pinkiesmile:

The reason FSDbFis a type is because after the initial, first and true story was released, a group of users wrote something similar in order to 'follow the leader'.:ajsleepy:
The original is actually very unique and a pleasurable reading.:trixieshiftright:

Divine Path
Group Contributor

That seems to be apt.:twilightsmile:

Google docs. Easier for access and to comment. The owner of the doc can give permission to comment, but not to edit.

L4

Placement of ideas. Idk about the other because it all depends on timezones.

1797083 1797090 1797073 1797043 1796957

Okay ladies and gentleman, here goes my idea for the prompt, on a shiny google docs. Do comment, and do bash it, and feel free to completely call bullcrap and tell me to send it to the moon! :pinkiecrazy:

Also, please, add more rules, because I can't think about anything anymore right out of the bat. :pinkiecrazy:

Collab(?)

L4

silence and also I think you've confused yuyuko w yukari

Oh! Silly me!

Timely
Group Contributor

I'm in if you need me, mind you I'm not that good a writer, and I have a laid back casual writing style, so I'll take the more carefree bit

That's okay. Are you a native speaker? If yes, proof-reading will be easy for you. Voting on the prompts will be most welcomed too. Also, submitting a prompt/idea does not mean you necessarily has to write for it. You can just give us the challenge! :pinkiehappy:

L4

Okay... but I still can't touch you doc. I don't know how I'll be able to write on it so I just highlighted again.

Timely
Group Contributor

Yes, English is my native tongue, any other language...not so much... I can speak Spanish though.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Would the structure of the narrative of the 'pony in Gensokyo' halves be traditional, or would they imitate the games?:duck:

FlanChan
Group Admin

Depends on which would work better with the plot I guess. Personally, having it follow the game's structure is a bit limiting, but that all just depends on how long we'll end up making the story.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

We see then.:pinkiesmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 41