Human in Equestria 16,852 members · 17,041 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

By equestrians I mean "people who ride horses".

Just think, what hilarious chaos would happen if for some unknown reason, a bunch of horseback riders — with their horses rode through a permanent portal linking Equestria and Earth.

I can see some hilarious misunderstandings occurring, mainly by assuming Ponies and real world horses are the same.

Sounds like it would make a half-decent comedy on the concept itself.

EdBoii
Group Contributor

Wouldn't that be silly?

Especially since ponies most likely evolved from a regular type of pony, and as such, are fully aware of horses, just as we are of orangutans, chimps, baboons, and other primates. I doubt they'd give more fucks about the horses than they'd give about the riders.

I want to say there's at least one story that does that. I can't remember the title, though.

Jersey Lightning has a story where a horse winds up in Equestria, and there's peter's Jake and the Kid with a girl and her horse Jake that show up in Equestria.

1541794 Write this. Write this now. Extra credits if you include the negotiations between the government and Equestria. And please, no Mary Sue Celestia that can easily destroy an army or take a bullet with a "shield".

EWWWW, real horses in the stories I read?

So what misunderstandings could occur?

The big one I could see, is touching a horse's rump and talking to it to let it know that you're there. In Equestria, Ponies might see that as either condescending or unwanted touching.

And of course clicking and telling a Pony "over" to get said Pony to move over would probably be interpreted as rude.

I think the Saddle Arabians might take offense to the horses being ridden.

Normal non sapient horses already exist in Equestria, and they are used as beast of burden. That is shown in the season one final. There probably wouldn't be much of a misunderstanding. Just the expected question of what the humans are.

1541827, I need a plot and some villains first.

Maybe for shits and giggles I can add in Anky van Grunsven, the legendary Dutch dressage rider; Pat Parelli, the guy who more or less created Natural Horsemanship; Rebel Morrow, the Canadian eventer. Now the problem is how to keep them "in character".

Maybe for even more shits and giggles, Terran exposed to magic become sapient and capable of speech. Cue the geldings of the group verbally ripping their riders a new asshole.

And I want some high octane adventures going on. Maybe a few scenes where the equestrians are battling some threats

Random FYI: "Anky" is more or less van Grunsven's show name. Her real name is Theodora Elisabeth Gerarda van Grunsven.

1542053 YES. ONLY IF THEIR ARE GUNS THOUGH. ATELAST 1904 GUNS. NOT IN PONY H-HOOVES, BUT HUMAN HANDSZ.

1541822 If evolution in the world of Equestria's essentially the same as ours. For all we know the species in Equestria propagated by a more theological kind of natural influence.

EdBoii
Group Contributor

Uh-huh. So?

If we have mongols can we have general Custard? I want to see some cliche comedy stupid decisions going on!
UnimportantDude: Sir! Should we attempt to cross the bridge over the gorge?
ClicheCustard: No! We shall jump it!

There is a story called "Horses and Whorses" that did this. A comedic one-shot that I enjoyed and would recommend.

Thats the one I was thinking of!

The way how stallions mount mares and now a human riding a mare with same pressure...yeah.:pinkiecrazy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19