Editors for Struggling Fan Fiction 88 members · 58 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Can someone help me out please, I kinda need an Editor for my story, I am not good with english and grammar so I sometimes make a mistake, can someone please help me with my story?

I'm sure that someone can help you, though maybe try asking in Looking for Editors. That group is far larger and more active.

Furthermore, if you want to make sure that you did all you can to interest the potential editor, share some information about the story. Who are the main characters, what's the premise, what are its themes (including possible triggers, e.g., death, gore), and so on. Furthermore, including some technical info is almost a must--how long is the story (or how long do you plan it to be), how often do you want to post, et cetera.

And also, note that many people on this site like to help, though many have started dabbling in the craft of editing only recently. If someone offers their help, ask them for their references (e.g., a list of stories they've edited) or some other proof of their skills. You don't want to end up working with an editor that introduces errors instead of fixing them. However, if you want and everyone involved agrees, then you may hire an experienced editor and a newbie to work alongside them. That way you get a properly edited story and the newbie gets some extra experience without having to worry about accidentally butchering the story. (And the experienced editor may be pleased to share some of their knowledge of the craft.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4