Lilith911's "Special" House 218 members · 48 stories
Comments ( 70 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 70
Lilith911
Group Admin

Everyone, due to popular demand, this is now mostly going to be a group story. you may still post them as your own, but as a group is preferred

I am holding a contest where each participant, copy/pastes an RP they have done, and with as few touch-ups as possible, turn it into a story.

Okay, I got this idea because this is a writing site...so lets do some suggestive writing, shall we?.

Here is how it works:

Everyone who wants to, has one week to pick or make an RP they want to use... It would have to be one that you played a larger part in (as in you can't do an oryg where you left halfway through), and you must also get permission from the others who had participated in it. In the case that two people want the same RP because you both think that you enjoyed that specific time with the other was really something... Then come to me to sort it out. Once you have selected the RP, you must send a link of the RP to either myself or Vic.

Once you have decided your RP, first you must post which one you are doing in response to this thread, next you then merely copy and paste the whole thing onto word/google docs/fimfiction itself, you then would have till the end of the weekend after the next to polish it up (10/14/13, midnight, EST)... As in, add in some detail here and there, differentiate between characters, add in thoughts, make it flow, and fix any grammar and spelling mistakes, and publish it.

The you would then however many days you had left to promote, at the end of those days, we would judge based on how little you changed the original RP script, and rating (likes-dislikes), whoever wins gets their story put up on the front page of the group... and you win... We could hold a semi-mandatory orgy in your honor as well... you would also have bragging rights until the next contest.
I am aware that a few of you like to keep this side of yourself hidden and don't want your followers to see that you have anything to do with clop. I have a few solutions I think might work for you, but I am open to better ideas:

You could do one of three things if you wanted to do it
A) I could post them all on my page and give you 100% of the credit... well, I'd give your RP partners some credit to.
B) A new account was made by me and shared between the authors who publish, to publish your stories in (this one could turn out badly if someone does a troll)
C) You could, if you wanted to, make an alternate account yourself and post it there.
D) any better ideas? I am open to new ones

Okay, here are some basic rules as to how the story should be formatted:

A centered title
A centered author

Story

In the A/N:
A linked list of RP Participants
Links to the group, the RP, and this contest page

Only two more things as many of the RPs are either not pony related, nor do they tie in with equestria if they are. to deal with this problem, sir Navarone has come up with the wonderfull idea of having them all start off with Twilight in her room, scrying, when she, for some reason or another, stumbles upon your RP.
Going along those lines, we could make it a Group mini series, where Twilight keeps coming back, unable to stop herself from looking for more.
we could name the series: Twilight’s Personal Problem, or something else.. vote in the comments below
if you make your story part of the series, then in your formatting you would have to include a centered ‘Part of the (insert name here) universe’

Last thing: Remember that this will be a published story and so will have to abide by basic story standards.
For example: new paragraphs every time someone new speaks, descriptions, and basic grammar. Commas, sentence structure, everything will be looked at.

Here are the current contestants:
Lilith911
Xx_-Sycro-_xX
Nodoga/Belgian
Normal
Vic Viper
Darkhanos

I thought I was a participant? No worries, I have some stuff to deal with anyways :twilightsmile:

Normal
Group Admin

Something came up recently and I'll be unable to roleplay any more.

Nodoga
Group Contributor

1836712 This is going to be fun.

Sycro
Group Contributor

...Welp, off to choose what to write about...I only have two RPs to choose from...*sigh* this is going to be a pain in the ass.:ajsleepy:

1836712 Can I still join, Nodoga and I are doing a collab on our RP/story.

I'll be watching this... closely :pinkiecrazy:
Oh, and if the group thing needs an editor or something, let me know, I'm happy to help.

~N

Tatsurou
Group Admin

I'm going to enter as well, a story for "Twilight's personal problem" or whatever it gets called. Will need information on how to submit for that.

Lilith911
Group Admin

Sorry, I'll put you up...
Aww :pinkiesad2: for how long?
Yes, yes it is
Shouldn't be too hard... Don't worry, you have three weekends
Yes, you can
Hmm, after they are published and graded, we can see about that

Nodoga
Group Contributor

What RP you´re going to make?

Sycro
Group Contributor

It's not because I think that it's gonna be hard.:pinkiesad2: It's because of my schedule.:fluttershyouch:

Lilith911
Group Admin

Same as the others, just have a little comment under author showing that it is part of the series... And the name is up to you guys to decide... Twilight's personal problem was just a name I made up on the spot as a default...

Our dragon one... The first one

Normal
Group Admin

I'll still be around to be silly and everything I just won't be roleplaying.

Nodoga
Group Contributor

I´m so honored and can´t wait to see it.

It's okay, don't worry about it. I'm going to have my plate full soon and won't have time for it. Thanks anyways though.

Tatsurou
Group Admin

I don't want to put it up as it's own story, I'd rather add it as a chapter in a group story. Also, should I include a bit at the beginning of Twilight scrying to view the world it takes place in?

Lilith911
Group Admin

Hmm, well I suppose we could all get together to write a short prologue where twilight encounters the problem...
wait... so you aren't going to do it :pinkiesad2:

Sycro
Group Contributor

Putting it as a group story could help cure some nausea. I say we do it, it'll even help those that don't have time to write their own story because of scheduling or other matters. So I vote we make it a group story.

Tatsurou
Group Admin

I thought it would be the first chapter was Twilight discovering the spell and wondering what it does. This would follow as she studied the spell for a bit and interpreting its uses. Then she would cast it. She'd have a short reaction to the setting she perceived. Then the first of the non-pony RPs turned story would be inserted between two page breaks. After the second page break, Twilight would react to the story (possibly after recovering from clopping to what she saw). Then she has a moment of 'clarity' where she feels she shouldn't be doing this and locking the spell book away. Then the spell book glows ominously.
Second chapter begins with Twilight pulling the spell book out again, grumbling to herself about how she shouldn't be doing this. Repeat this pattern (':twilightoops:I shouldn't be doing this...but...', 'story', ':twilightsmile:...:twilightangry2:Never again') for each chapter.

As an aside, although this is your group, we've never RPed together. Why is that?

Lilith911
Group Admin

hmm, so not a contest?

Sycro
Group Contributor

Well...if you can find a way to make it a contest, then sure, but otherwise let's just have it as a group story.

Lilith911
Group Admin

hmm, i dont know... and i think that this is a good idea... and actually, that is along the lines of what i was thinking, but would you want a 500-1000 word chapter before and after each story to be twilights point of view so that she would be consistently written, oor would each person write their own part to twilights story?
also, who would post? I would think that it would be me...

Lilith911
Group Admin

1836878>>1836911>>1836944>>1837034>>1837047>>1837219>>1837816

so... it has been brought to my attention that a fair few of you like the idea of this being a group story just as deafault thing, meaning that everyone would still do the same thing, but time constraints would be sevearly lessened and everyone would put it all in the same story. i want to hear everyones oppinion, just to see what you all think

Sycro
Group Contributor

You already know my opinion...I also got into a staring contest with your avatar...and lost...I swear it cheated.:trixieshiftleft:

Tatsurou
Group Admin

I think you should post it in the Group's stories (if you can do that, if not as yours), and I think you should right the introduction and epilogue to the first one, and then let everyone read it as a template for how to have her react in future ones.
Heck, if we wanted to turn it into a full fledged story, maybe somepony else - one of her friends - could find the spell book - and the spell - and talk Twilight into showing it to them for one of the chapters. I'd love to see Fluttershy's reaction to viewing a furry RP/Story.

I actually have mine already complete - except for the introduction/epilogue. I could add that, then give you the google docs link so you can tell me what you think of how I did it, and if I abided correctly by the rules.

Nodoga
Group Contributor

If I understood that right. The stories we write are going to be chapters of a secret book that Twi finds somewhere?

Tatsurou
Group Admin

I like that idea. That way, instead of rating it by likes/dislikes on each story (which can be misleading due to trolls and the like), we can rate it on number and content of the comments

Tatsurou
Group Admin

Actually, I think it's "Twilight finds a spell book with a scrying spell, and scryes the stories one at a time."

Nodoga
Group Contributor

1837966>>1837935
How confusing :applejackconfused:
Well, I and Belgian startet already just to let you know.

1837935 Like i said before, I like the idea of a group story.
Something along the lines of what 1837816 said seems like a good approach to me.

Also, 1837942 in this group Lilith is the absolute ruler. It isn't cheating, it's called unannounced official rule adaptation. :pinkiecrazy:

~N

Sycro
Group Contributor

Huh...welp now i'm gonna go shoot myself in the head...again. Maybe this time i'll actually be able to get out of this crazy house...Oh god, i'm gonna be stuck here forever!

Group story sounds interesting. Hell, I'm for it...I'll have to shuffle some things around to make the time but I think this' ll be fun.

1838014 You'll have to get Lilith's written permission though. Otherwise your dead will probably be declared invalid, sorry.
~N

Sycro
Group Contributor

Sorry don't feel like it...

Lilith911
Group Admin

It will be pasted into the groups stories... But the group cannot publish a story... It has to be a user...
And I'm impressed... send me the link whenever you want and if you want to work on the intro/exit template we can work out a time to do that to.
Okay, since you're doing a new RP, try to make it one easy to translate into story form...
That's what I'm planning on
Well now I think that there will be no real contest... So you can take your time :twilightsmile:... Just don't continuously blow it of till it never happens :pinkiecrazy:
He's right, and even if you still escape, you can't escape me :pinkiecrazy:
Not interested, you will participate :pinkiecrazy:

Tatsurou
Group Admin

Alright. I'm available almost anytime, so give me a time you'll be available and I'll be waiting.

1837935 Well, a group story is not really what I want, seeing that a writer puts so much time into a story (Well, I know Nodoga and I will.), he actually wants some favorites and followers. This is more difficult with a group story, seeing that readers will be less inclined to follow the writer and the likes/ dislike ratio wouldn't even make sense anymore. Like, there is a very bad chapter (story) which is posted in the group story before your chapter (story), readers will dislike that story and not favourite it. Then, what benefit will you have when you post your chapter in the story? Readers avoid stories with bad ratings, thus your chapter won't even be read anymore. I seriously think that a group story has major flaws, which you all didn't take in mind.

Nodoga
Group Contributor

1840351>>1839153
Belgia has a point and actually I would prefer it too post the story by myself or if Belgian post´s it.

1840351 1839153 That's actually a good point. Maybe the group story wouldn't work so well after all.
But I sill like the whole group project idea, so maybe a TwiScry universe folder in the group would work better. Someplace that the readers could find the other RP's if they want to. That way, there's benefit for everyone, without the less quality stories/chapters dragging the rating down.

~N

Lilith911
Group Admin

Which was my original plan... :unsuresweetie:
1840351>>1840412
Don't worry, there is no obligatory reason to have it in the group story, just remember to follow the format or I will hunt you down :pinkiecrazy:
Oh, and just so you remember, I know you are doing a new RP, but the original idea was to take an already completed one and just touch it up.
Tatsurou did one and he had a great, sexy, story ready in 20-30 minutes... So I know it can be done

Lilith911
Group Admin

1840351>>1840412
Though if your story is not in the mlp universe... Then you'll have to have it be part of the group project...
Wait... Do you want it to be part of it, just a separate chapter, or be a whole separate story? If you wanted the first we could do a chapter where it has the twilight bit and then a link to your story, and at the end of yours we could link back... What do you think? It wouldn't make sense to have your story include the twilight bit in itself...

Nodoga
Group Contributor

I know that, but not everyone writes so fast as Tasuruo.

Lilith911
Group Admin

That's the thing, he didn't have to write anything, the whole story was already there. All he had to do was change all of the I's to names, and change the tense to past and he was set

Lilith911
Group Admin

In fact... I'll do our one right now... Give me a minute to set up and I'll comment as I start... Then you can time me :derpytongue2:

1840678 :fluttercry: I don't get to play?

Lilith911
Group Admin

You can if you want :twilightsmile:
Notice it says 'current participants' more can join if thy want

1840694 I might... though I do not know if any of my threads have followed a storylike pattern..... nad i have quite a few to check....

Lilith911
Group Admin

They dont have to, as twilight will be just randomly scrying, we wont need all of the info, and it could end early because of 'spike walked in' so it doesn't even have to be a completed RP :twilightsmile:

Lilith911
Group Admin

I am starting now, you can time from when I post this comment till when i post the next comment
here is the link to the doc... though i may switch to word if i need to
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dD6m7EEMhonDGTwQI4ONde1WNhXaud8WpAJvxWEez2Q/edit?usp=sharing

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 70