Good Grammar Directory 633 members · 1,979 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Hi! I'm Atra. :twilightsmile:

I decided to become an active member here at FIMFiction. I am looking to start out by being a proofreader. Can anyone tell me where a proofreader would be appreciated?

Thanks! :pinkiehappy:

5644754 Hey Atra!

I'd suggest going to places where writers look for proofreaders (duh!). If you're really serious about proofreading, you could take a look at The Proofreader Group and ask them to add your name to their list of proofreaders, so interested writers can contact you through their system. If that's too much of a commitment, you could look at their forums and look for open proofreading requests and contact the authors directly.

You could also take a look at other groups like Struggling Authors or Author Support. Finding someone capable of proofreading is much harder than finding something in desperate need of being proofread, so you should be fine.

The probably most enjoyable way would be to look at stories of new authors, or stories with few views that nonetheless feature concepts that you like, and see if their story needs proofreading. You can then contact the author, tell them that you liked some of their stuff and would want to help them polish it: win win.

Hello Atra. :pinkiehappy: If you want to proofread some stories, I would recommend this group, here. Even though it's for editors, people sometimes ask for proofreaders. Hope I helped. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3