Sunset Shimmer 4,925 members · 6,759 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30

It's official. To all you Dan Vs lovers out there, I'm shipping Sunset Shimmer and Dan. With around 6,000 words to start off, me and my friend are collabing together to make what seems like a total crack ship into something serious and believable. Plus they're both being sent to out world!

And if any of you know "The Wheel and Butterfly Saga", let me say this: It will be nothing like that. It's a much more serious take, as stated before, on a shipping like this.

Don't want to spoil to much, but here's the coverart and be sure to look out for my story!

What do you guys think of SunDan?

No thoughts on the paring, but I do wonder how in the Nine Hells you can pull it off without making it crackish

Well it wouldn't be the first time I've seen a crackship taken seriously.... I guess I can see it: she thinks the world hates her, he hates the world, hijinks and romance ensures

Something I never once saw coming in my life.

4040791 I can be like that.

For example, because of me, RariCord will soon exist.

4040757 Could be interesting...

...There is crack and then there is no bloody way it could ever work without actual drugs

4040824 Don't worry, I have the crack ready!

Anyways, that one is more experimental than anything. I like to play around with the characters and see what would happen with them in certain scenarios.

Honestly I'm not a fan of the Discord shipfics, mostly because I'm not a fan of him and the only way he would get out of that statue is via sledgehammer

4040838 Not all people enjoy the things I do, and I'm perfectly okay with that. :twilightsmile:

See you at the story!

Possibly surprisingly, I've given lots of thought to pairing Sunset and Dan. They have a lot in common (at least if one focuses on EqG1).

I look forward to seeing how this turns out.:twilightsmile:

Make sure to post then

While I haven't read your stories, but I do know that you've done a lot with Dan so if you think it could work then I'll take that a good sign

Wait... Am I seriously like one of the only other people who's given serious thought to pairing Sunset with Dan?:rainbowlaugh:

4040757 I am incredibly fascinated. I eagerly await it.

4040850 Thanks! I love your story BTW, just don't think it handles the romance as seriously as it could. Then again, you're dealing with Pinkie Pie...

In fact, I was inspired by you to write it. :3

Hope you'll enjoy it.

I've only seen half an episode of Dan Vs., so that's my excuse

4040859 Well, do you see me now!?

Hell, I even thought about Rarity!

I'm odd like that.

Believe it or not, I consider Dan and Pinkie's relationship to be very serious. They're just completely insane, so it all plays out as a wacky comedy of errors.

Glad you're enjoying the story. :twilightsmile:

4040859 I only ship her with myself. Which is never going to happen.. :fluttercry:

I can see where you're coming from...

Did I mention Adagio/Aria x Dan would be awesome?

I've considered a few pairings with Dan besides Pinkie. Though as far as the mane six go, Rarity, Applejack, and Twilight all strike me as butting heads with Dan a bit too often to manage a relationship with him.

Still, it's pretty intriguing that you've considered Rarity...

Now when one considers the Dazzlings...:rainbowwild:

Oh man, I posted my last response before I saw this. Great minds, I guess. :rainbowlaugh:

Since Dan seems to be the embodiment of belligerence... Holy Frak... talk about crack

4040757 i think i like the idea of this moreso than dan and pinkie pie.

Isn't Dan an actual person who like to self-insert into his Youtube animations of Chrysalis and the fluffy OC?
I've no prob with that because Fluff is his OC, and tbh Chrysalis is a minor one-shot character in MLP-verse.
It becomes nonsensical when he becomes some sort of celebrity insert who interacts with main character. Smacks way too close to Marty Stu for me.

4041319 No Dan is from a TV show that was shown on the HUB but cancelled .

Ohhhh... Dan is a character from an ex-Hub TV show...
My opinion of the guy just improved about 5000%.
TBH, I used to really dislike him, thinking he was an author self-insert in Youtube animations. Which was tolerable until bronies started to see him as some sort of fan celebrity.
I guess I was completely mistaken.

4041598 mixermike622 is the creator of the Dan Vs. MLP:FiM animations, these actually came before he introduced Fluffle and Chrysalis. If anything, Fluffle Puff is something of a self insert, at least Mike has said she was created as a "silly representation of himself".

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30