FIMFiction UserScripts 383 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 69 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 69
Sollace
Group Admin

FimFiction Advanced adds various improvements, fixes, and customization options to FimFiction.

Latest Version: 4.6.2

Feature Overview:
· Additional Banners (and one custom)
· Custom backgrounds
· Additional options for comments
· Keyboard shortcuts to cycle the featured box
· The Sweetie Scepter (it does things)
· Some other stuff

More information and a download link are available at the Download Page.

Newer and more detailed updates will be provided to my blog.

If you have any questions feel free to ask in a comment below. :twilightblush:

ocalhoun
Group Contributor

What... :unsuresweetie: ...things does the Sweetie Scepter do?

Sollace
Group Admin

Wonderful things.

--Sollace

ocalhoun
Group Contributor

Riiight. :trixieshiftright:
I'm going to have to look at the code to find out, aren't I? :facehoof:

Sollace
Group Admin

It's just something fun to play with on the forum. I think some people have already figured out two of the things it does.

Edit: Oh and, 4000+ lines. Good luck. :twilightsmile:

--Sollace

ocalhoun
Group Contributor

:rainbowdetermined2: Challenge accepted.

Okay... well, first of all, it's very easy to find the setupSweetie() function (ctrl+f, FTW!)... though as for what it does... *sigh* I do php, mostly. My java experience is very limited, but I'll try.
It seems to put an image (the data for which is dumped into the code itself!), which I presume is the Sweetie Scepter, onto the page, where it can be moved around by the user, and dropped into different places... maybe as a sort of bookmark?
It also seems like you can make it rotate, wobble, or shake... probably by clicking it while holding certain keys down.

So, did I guess well? :pinkiehappy:

Sollace
Group Admin

It was a good guess. You got some parts right. It is an image placed on the page, and you can move it around. Holding certain keys will have an effect, but not by clicking.

It can rotate, but the shake is used for something else. :twilightsmile:

If you'd like I can give you a hint.

--Sollace

Selbi
Group Admin

You make my self-esteem go down by showing me that I'm not worthy as userscripts programmer, but at least it gives me a goal to strive to. :V

Do you think you could possibly add stuff like [ right_insert ] and [ left_insert ]?

It'll be really cool.

If you do.

Sollace
Group Admin

He, thank you. I'm sure you'll be able to make some nice stuff as well as long as you're willing to try.

I'm not sure what you mean. What does the left and right insert do?

-Sollace

Selbi
Group Admin

Doing nice stuff is one thing. But then someone else steamrolls your nice house and puts an even nicer one in its place. Ehh, if that makes any sense.

Sollace
Group Admin

Sure, I could add that. I'll just have to fix the issues with site formatting first. :twilightsmile:

I'll have a look at it when I'm home.

Ah ok. So uh, that FimFiction Modder title. Is that official?

Sollace
Group Admin

Heh no. :twilightblush:

It's added by some of my scripts. I think there are other people that will have it, like Selbi and someone else.

Sollace
Group Admin

There you go. FimFiction Advanced has been updated with those tags. :twilightsmile:

You can see the blog post over here

--Sollace

I don't know how much of a problem this is, but I noticed this, so I thought I would bring it up:

On any story page (and as far as I can tell, only on story pages), I get this error recurring once a second:

The relevant bit of code is in the Fimfiction Advanced script:

Sollace
Group Admin

Thanks. That will be fixed in the next update. :twilightsheepish:

--Sollace

A script that allows me to give fimfiction a dark background without using Stylish? Thank you good denizen.
Only complaint is this:

~Have a good one.

3539517 Out of curiosity, why do you want to avoid using Stylish? The problem you have there is easily fixed with the following CSS, just make the color whatever you want it to be. I'll even throw in a link to a color picker so you can get the hex code. If you'd rather not have to maintain it yourself in case the site code changes, here's a link to the userstyle I made for it: Link. Of course, if you really don't want to use Stylish, a userscript can be made to accomplish the same task, but it would be horribly inefficient to do it that way. There's even a thread that specifically asks that appearance only changes be done using userstyles instead, but I can understand if you're really just not willing to use Stylish.

ul.breadcrumbs li{
display:inline-block;
color:#56C41F;
font-weight:bold;
font-size:18px;
text-shadow:1px 1px rgb(0,0,0)
}

ul.breadcrumbs li:after{
font-family:"FontAwesome";
content:"\f138";
margin:0px 7px;
color:#344BCF;
}

Color Picker

ssokolow
Group Contributor

Plus, if you don't have Stylish installed, Userstyles.org does offer a link which servers up the CSS wrapped in a Userscript which'll apply it.

Where's the Advanced Tab?

Sollace
Group Admin

That should be fixed in a recent update to FimFic Advanced. It will detect when the background is dark and adjust the text colour accordingly.

Just got to Settings. It should be listed at the bottom on the left panel.

--Sollace

The chapter width setting is not working for wider settings than 46em at present (percentages give unexpected results as will be seen in a moment).

Both the inner_margin and the chapter_container divs are set to 46em natively, but only chapter_container is modified by fimfic advanced, leaving inner_margin to limit the width to 46em and to cause percentage values to be a percentage of 46em.

Sollace
Group Admin

Ok, I'll have a look at that.

--Sollace

Fimfic Advanced (or the underlying event library) seems to be preventing me from opening the PM window. I get this error:
http://i.imgur.com/h7aHAm5.png (Apologies for the potentially broken imgur link.)

To head you off at the pass, I have reinstalled the script to make sure that it's using the updated version of Fimfic Events since the site update, and reinstalled again tonight just in case, but the issue remains.

Sollace
Group Admin

I've pushed some updates to my internal scripts that should fix that along with many other bugs. Try downloading it again.

FimFicEvents.version()

Should give you 1.53 after the update.

Works like a charm! :pinkiehappy:

Welp. This is certainly broken with the update. It’s kinda sad, too. I’ve been using it for about half the time I’ve been on here.

Fimfiction Advanced 4 seems to break the about page’s stats graphs.

Sollace
Group Admin

Picture?

There seems to be something wonky with image inserting as well. I had to disable fimfic advanced to embed the image.

Sollace
Group Admin

Everything’s working on my end, so you’ll have to reinstall the script.

You can see the current version running at the bottom of the page to see if it’s correct. (should be 4.0.1 now)

Yeah, I’ll have to update.

I'm guessing the latest update (or at least a recent one) fixed the duplicate round avatar on user pages issue, but it also started putting a big blank space between the avatar and all the buttons:

Also: the settings page is shouting at me:

This is after a delete and fresh reinstall of the script just in case.

Sollace
Group Admin

Yeah, I updated it for stuff knighty changed. There are other bugs though since I have jquery partially removed.

Are you using any other scripts?

Sollace
Group Admin

Yeah, seems to be an issue with custom banners. I had to fix several bugs in that area just to get the option to set one to test.

Gotcha. I can live without the banners for a while.

Sollace
Group Admin

Okay, try updating now. The custom banners should be fixed.

Updated to 4.1.3, settings page is happy, but the user pages still have the same issue. In fact, I'm pretty sure the gap is a little bit bigger now in narrower windows. The only significant visual difference I can see is that when the page is narrow enough to cause the buttons in the header to wrap to two lines, they are now left-aligned instead of right-aligned.

Sollace
Group Admin

That's weird. I haven't done anything that would cause that, and it doesn't appear on my end even if I change the size of my screen.

Sollace
Group Admin

Fixed your avatar spacing issue.

Success! My OCD thanks you a bunch. :rainbowkiss:

Um, sir? Where's the customization settings? Half of the custom settings were blocked by... some sort of right page arrow for banners, I don't know.

Sollace
Group Admin

Did you try going here? There is a link on the main toolbar under settings, and an "Advanced" option under account on the main settings pages.

Yes. I already did, but I don't see it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 69