Scootafamily! 558 members · 391 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25
Cinnamon Clover
Group Admin

I'm making a top ten list of fanfics dealing with our favorite little daredevil's family. Submissions welcome.

Anyone can submit. If it's your story, please indicate. Submission box closes next Sunday. Can't wait to see the stories you submit!

Scootaloo's Family, if only because it's one of the few that gives her a full blow family unit with parents, siblings, the works.

I would like to nominate a story I'm working on, 'Our Girl Scootaloo'.
It runs parallel to MLD and follows Scootaloo as she grows up on earth, makes friends, and changes our world for the better. The first 1/3rd is nearly done now, and I should have another update before next sunday.
Please take a moment to comment on what you did or didn't like about the story, I take comments seriously, and have added pieces and sometimes entire chapters in response to them.

Thanks!

No Longer Lost... I really liked that one. :scootangel:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/97752/spellbound-fireflies

Is wonderfully written, and shows her in a non-abusive foster home to getting adopted at the end of the story, but it's beautiful.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/59219/dreams-do-come-true

.... This is a cute series. It's really worth the read.

http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/170817/chronological-order-of-my-stories

This user has a complete series of stories revolving around Scootaloo getting adopted by Dashie. It is so cute. There isn't a bad story in the bunch and it is really heartwarming to see how she grows and develops as a character.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/92269/guardian-angel

A pretty cute story. Well worth the read, although it isn't complete the author is doing a good job so far in the story.

Cinnamon Clover
Group Admin

I already did on fanfiction.net.

Cinnamon Clover
Group Admin

I was wondering when somepony was going to submit that!

Cinnamon Clover
Group Admin

The story is one of my favorites, too.

Cinnamon Clover
Group Admin

One of the most surprisingly hilarious stories I have yet to find.

Cinnamon Clover
Group Admin

I didn't expect that many stories on one submission. :rainbowderp:

Cinnamon Clover
Group Admin

Families, it's depiction of the inter-workings and emotional impact of foal abuse are very realistic. Also, it gives the feeling of her having a new loving family after her abusive one crumbles.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

It's under "Her Mom is Celestia"

Cinnamon Clover
Group Admin

I know. I actually made that folder specifically for that story.

What can I say I'm a sucker for a good ScootAdoption fic.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

So why have you yet to find it?

Nice to see that someone in the fandom is, so much Orphanloo... I wonder how the fandom would react if her family ever shows up in canon.

Pitchforks, Fires, and enough rage to make the sun turn red.

Although most companies can't do serious subjects well. I think having Scoots as an In cannon Orphan / Runaway. And Dashie adopting her would be epic.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Just like when Cadence appeared, Twilight becoming an Alicorn, and Luna not leading a Glorious Revolution against her sister.

To be honest the orphan thing is kind of over done in fiction, plus the writers would have to state exactly why no pony ever noticed that Scoots was an orphan (assuming she was not in foster care) and ran away. I would see a lot of backlash against Cheerilee if this happens.

Yeah, but I honestly can't see her with anyone other than the Mane 6. And if she's not an on the streets orphan. Than it could just be Cheerilee keeping Scootaloo's secret confidential. And the Mane 6 are usually so busy with their own lives that i can see how they could over look it.

But we'll see. I think they should never show her family. So that it keeps her as open to Story telling as it has.

Applejoy

I can't believe I forgot about Applejoy. a Sequel to the Marriage and Matrimony series. It happens later in the story after Applejack's It's a Beautiful Life, Hearth's Warming eve moment. But it still technically counts and doubles as a AppleDash and a ScootAdoption fic. The characterization of all the characters in the series is wonderful, the author makes the best AppleDash fics I've ever read, and makes a super realistic Rainbow Dash. Then you throw in Scoots rescued from dying by AJ and you have a wonderful story. That and Applejoy [AJ and Dashies foal] is super adorable.

Cinnamon Clover
Group Admin

No, I mean I can't find one funnier. I've read every fic submitted.

Cinnamon Clover
Group Admin

What brony isn't?

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

How about the ones that write all those Scootabuse fics that have no happy ending?

Cinnamon Clover
Group Admin

Strange, I actually wrote one. Still love her. Just very angry at the world's ignorance of such matters when I wrote it...

And those tend not to be ScootAdopt stories, lack of a happy ending and all.

Just started re-reading the fic when it updated yesterday.

Rewrite:Sisterly Bonds. It's another touching and adorable fic. Honestly if I had to take what I put down and make a list of best to almost the best. It'd have to be:

[1] Dreams Do Come True

[2] The blog entry of chronological entry of fics [that author makes almost exclusively a series of fics revolving around Scoot getting adopted by Dashie and Growing up].

[3] No Longer Lost [I didn't list it but I agree with the person who did. Really good fic. Especially for somepony not from the Mane 6.]

[4] Sisterly Bonds

[5] Guardian Angel

[6] Spellbound Fireflies

[7] Applejoy

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25