Scootafamily! 558 members · 391 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
Cinnamon Clover
Group Admin

I know we've got 'em! We probably wouldn't be here if we didn't! So...

What are they?

I personally feel that her mom is Spitfire cause her coat color and she probably wants to be liked for her and not her mom so she doesn't talk about it.

I'm using OCs in SPWS

Scoots Dad suffers from Ness' dad Syndrome (Read: Working Damn Near 24/7 to support the family)
Her Mom will be revealed later.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

With my headcanon Scootaloo is Cheerilee's little sister, I also have an OC who is the middle sister between the two. They were originally from the city of Brook's Land, just outside of Manehatten. Their father was a firefighter, and their mother was a retired Cop turned teacher. They both died in a fire. a few years before Luna's return. Having nothing left in the city, Cheerilee moved Scootaloo to Ponyville. The other sister, Skydancer, is a member of the Royal Guard and was a full member of the 173rd Reconnaissance Squardron, the Wonderbolts.

I like the thought of her as an Orphan. I'm just waiting for one of the Mane 6 to notice and adopt her already. Although between Flutters, Dashie, Twilight, and Pinkie. Any of those four would be awesome mothers for her in their own way. Or a Shipping of any of those two and Scootaloo.

After all if her mother was in the wonderbolts she would be moving constantly, and would be having to make excuses as to why she moves so much. Or it being a member of the more well known ones her birth would be public knowledge.

If it was already one of the Mane 6. It'd have been made known by now.

I can't see her having an in cannon family. Since she never talks about them, they are never mentioned, and all of the CMC play dates are either with Flutters, Apple Jack, or Rarity.

As for an orphanage ... I can see that, but I like the runaway Scoots better. Makes for a better story if done well.

I don't know about theories, but I've gotten where one of the ways I distinguish between my fanfic universes is Scootaloo's family.

In the one I added here, Just Winging It, her parents were Ruby Sunshine, lead singer for the Flaming Tulips, and Escallion, chef. Both are dead, and she is living with her auntie Vinyl Scratch and Octavia.

In the Making Friends universe, knowing Scootaloo's backstory'd be rather spoilery. It's only 4k, so you could probably just read it. :pinkiehappy: She was, in fact, originally Sweetie Belle's imaginary friend, then became real due to a magical accident, and was taken in by Ditzy.

In Cubic Zirconia, Scootaloo was just introduced last chapter, and all we know at this point is that she is living in the clubhouse. It's probably not too spoilery to say that her parents are OC's, and that she ran away from home. More, well, I'm going to be stretching her backstory out for a bit, because she isn't really willing to talk to it, especially since our viewpoint character is Diamond Tiara.

The world of one fanfic of mine that I scrapped had Scootaloo as actually Fluttershy's sister, but events had happened such that they didn't know it. And then I have one fanfic where I don't know Scootaloo's history or family. What can I say, it was the first one I wrote. :twilightsmile:

I've been playing with the idea of all of the mane 6 adopting Scootaloo. I think that could be fun. :scootangel:

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Thanks to Scootamom and LiamNeighson's Follow the Sun saga, I may be reconsidering what my headcanon says about Scoots' family. I am now leaning towards her mother being Celestia.

I'm a bit worried that the upcoming Season 4 episode that addresses her flightlessness will finally answer the parentage issue and nullify my own headcannon.

I'm voting herefore unseen background ponies all the way, and she's obviously an only child.

I'm hoping it goes with "Neither of her parents are pegasi, so she never learned"

The mare in the middle

How about it folks? Scootaloo's Mom?

As the focus of my yet-to-be-posted ponyfic, I personally think that Scootaloo is an orphan, but wasn't always one.

In my headcanon, Scootaloo's as-of-now-nameless (anyone? OCs?) parents were murdered in their sleep by Scootaloo's soon-to-be rapist, an event facilitated by an entity called 'Fate'. When the protagonist got wind of the kidnapping from Rainbow dash, he began allocating his nearly unlimited resources into bribing and blackmailing anyone who might have any information as to who took her and to where. Upon locating her, he infiltrated the asshole's house, crept down to the basement, and surprised him. In his confusion, Scootaloo grabbed a knife and stabbed him to death. Even after he was mutilated beyond the skills of any surgeon, she kept stabbing his corpse.

Half of her body, face included, was shrivelved and orange-gray, as if she was pressed down into a bed of flame (in one his drunken rages, he dumped a can of -insert corrosive household chemical- on her while she was sleeping. Now, she looks like Two-Face, but on the enitre half of her body, not just the face). He picked her up and took her to Ponyville Hospital while she sobbed into his chest.
-
I'm a really optimistic person, aren't I?

2581562 Who picked her up?

5274287 look up the words thread necromancy. Then don't do it.

The protagonist.

Wow, this is still going? The cringe is painful.

I've always preferred the thought of Scootaloo being considered an orphan but actually was the daughter of either one of the Mane 6 (preferably Fluttershy or Rainbow Dash) or perhaps another major character (Spitfire or Soarin, for example). Heck, the thought of her being Princess Celestia's daughter also doesn't sound bad in my opinion.

I have an odd idea in my head, that make no since, mainly it about twilight getting knock up when she was young, and scoot is the child she give up cause she to force on her studys, and her parent could not care for the foal for some odd reason like they not around.....
year later twilight find and see scoot feel guilt about give her up and end up tell one of her friends.......
just an odd idea I having my head

Well personally having read Dashzillas fanfic "but I'm here for you now" I've swayed to Fluttershy being her real mother, I love the story and the idea so much I wouldn't mind that being Canon but all you can do is dream I suppose :-)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16