IDW MLP Comics 280 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 47 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 47

And judging by the ending, there may be more...

And just like that, things got a whole lot more interesting. This comic is doing a good job of making me wish G4 had an animated 10th season!

I can't help but feel like this just cheapens the Elements of Harmony, and also makes the non-pony species less unique if they have basically the same special objects as the ponies. It's not even like they're new elements or vary slightly from location to location, they're just copy and paste from the ones we knew in the show.

I used to like the comics but now they're dead to me.

Comment posted by Zekromic deleted Dec 30th, 2020

Commander? As in Commander Hurricane? If so, I wouldn’t be surprised if Gusty is one of the leaders

You’re not the only one.

Everything about this “Season 10” line has so far been nothing but a cash-grab and a waste of potential.

:pinkiegasp:That’s what I thought too! Along with the fact that the zebra culture is so similar to Equestria and the new characters are uncannily similar to the rest of the Main Six, which made them deeply forgettable. Not to mention that Zecora’s backstory and exploration in this comic reduced her to nothing but a zebra version of Twilight.

Interesting?

More like disinteresting, if you ask me. And that’s coming from a guy who actually read this arc.

Too bad, you're in the minority that thinks so.

And given the positive reception these ideas have received, it's anything but forgettable or wasted potential.

Get over it.

And given the positive reception these ideas have received, it's anything but forgettable or wasted potential.

Positive reception that’s empty, if I may be so frank. And the comic line’s a waste because of the uninspired direction and storytelling of the overarching stories. Frankly, I’m not part of a minority. I’m part of a half who dislikes the “Season 10” line.

Keep telling yourself that, doesn't make it true in the slightest. Just because you dislike IDW doesn't mean everyone else has to.

You don't speak for the fandom, so stop pretending you do.

I’m not speaking for the fandom. I’m speaking for myself and expressing what I think, which is what part of being a fan is.

The only problem I see here is that you clearly don’t respect others who have opinions or views that are different from yours.

You claim that the positive reception towards the new element is empty. So yes, you are pretending you speak for the fans. If anyone doesn't respect others opinions it's you.

Like I said, get over it and stop pretending that the existence of more elements somehow ruined the series.

Then I happily retract what I said about the “empty positive reception”. However, that still doesn’t change the fact that you’re not respectful of my difference in viewpoint and opinions, and it certainly doesn’t help that you keep telling me I’m wrong when neither of us are right or wrong at all.

Given the fact that this entire thread was made last year and you've only just recently come in because you started up an argument about how the elements should exist on two different threads, you're not going to talk about respecting others difference in the viewpoint when you're basically necroposting just to make a false point.

Speaking honestly here, you never did make a point on how the comics positively impact the characters, the show, or the fandom. You never even made a point as to how any of what the comics did is a good thing outside of it just being your opinion. You’re consistent claim that you’re right and I’m wrong only makes you come across as more arrogant than anything else in the world.

Says the guy who hates IDW season 10 in general because it had LGBT representation.

The Comics are good because theey expand on more of the lore and certain aspects of the characters in certain issues. As well as presenting interesting ideas that haven't been explored in the show.

Plus, you really shouldn't even be in this group of you think that lowly of the comics.

And what good is the comics “expanding” on the world of MLP and “doing things that haven’t been done before” if people are just gonna classify them as non-canon anyway?

I’m asking this because I hardly recall anyone making a story or more taking place after the comics or FiMFiction making new character tags.

Once again, you're acting as though that aspects speaks for the entire fandom, if you actually did more searching you'd see that many people acknowledge the comics is canon, or at the very least aspects that that fit into the show's canon structure.

That’s still no excuse. Not everyone thinks the “Season 10” line’s canon, and I for one don’t because they referenced ones that in turn referenced others that got retconned by the show.

Frankly, there still hasn’t been a single story serving as a sequel to the arcs or acknowledging the events of them.

So what? Last I checked you're not in charge of what is and isn't viewed as canon in the series. Once again, you're acting as though you somehow speak for the fandom. And again, if you think that lowly of the comic, you shouldn't even be in this group.

Will you cut out putting words in my mouth already?!

I’m only speaking for myself, not the fandom. All I am trying to say along with that is that everyone has a right to think differently about something, no matter what. So stop acting like that’s a crime and that you’re a deity with all the right answers, because you aren’t.

Then stop acting like everything IDW does is terrible. Zip your lip and keep that attitude to yourself. There's nothing wrong with there being more than one version of the element has the pillars and students have shown.

So get over it, if you hate IDW so much, then leave

Fine.

And just so you know, the behavior you displayed here is exactly why you were banned from “FiM Will Live on Forever”. If anyone’s not being respectful of difference in opinion and individuality, it’s you.

Once again, your hypocrisy is beyond hilarious. After all, you openly made it clear that you despised the concept of two female characters starting a relationship because "your religion said so". In other words. You're openly admitting that you refuse to respect a difference in opinion and individuality simply because it's LGBT representation.

Not to mention you basically started an argument on another thread just because you hated the concept of multiple elements, even though the show already established that there can be multiple elements thanks to the pillars and student 6.

So once again, nice job showcasing your own hypocrisy.

And nice job showcasing your own hypocrisy and arrogance considering you’ve shown in the past how anti-Christian you are, it was quite an entertaining sight. And for the record, I’m not saying I refuse to respect another’s opinion at all. You are.

I actually just told a guy who likes the comics that he can think what he thinks and that I wouldn’t stop him.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’d like to end this conversation.

And just so you know, I’m not leaving this group because I’ll be sharing reviews on IDW comics at some point in the future.

But, I will say this:

I don’t think every MLP comic is terrible. As a matter of fact, there are many that I enjoyed. The one with Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich certainly was an entertaining read, I’ll tell you that.

I don't have to be anti-Christian to hate the idea of denouncing LGBT representation as sinful. The fact that you believe so only showcases your close-mindedness even more.

You refuse to respect another’s opinion by acting as though the concept can never be good.

You want this conversation to end? Stop being a close-minded bigot.

🙄Look who’s talking.

I can accept LGBT representation. What's your excuse? Oh right, closed-minded religion.

Let me ask you this:

Why do you keep steering the conversation away?

My views on homosexuality have nothing to do with this at all. I don’t even intend on giving you an answer here.

Now, can we please just stop talking to each other so that we can get on with our lives?

Because you made it clear that was a damning point for IDW when season 10 started. It's not hard for me to believe that disclose mindedness is fueling your decision to further announced anything IDW does.

The better question would be why do you keep trying to pretend that the student 6 and pillars don't even exist when you claim multiple elements existing ruins the characters?

By all means, all you have to do is stop replying

The better question would be why do you keep trying to pretend that the student 6 and pillars don't even exist when you claim multiple elements existing ruins the characters?

I don’t recall doing so at all. I love the Student Six and Pillars of Old. They’re terrific characters in every way.

Rest assured, what you said is honestly not the reason for why I’m denouncing the Season 10 comics. It’s merely because I’m not fond of the story choices being made with them.

Understand?

If you can give the pillars and the student six the benefit of the doubt, then these new element users should be treated no differently. Especially since the comic has made it clear that they're building up to them coming together to face some sort of calamity.

Hard to do so when nothing about the new characters stands out to me. With the exceptions of a certain individual from each of the new groups, they just weren’t very memorable or engaging.

That's why they deserve more time and attention. Or did you forget that this is their debute arc and therefore we can't know literally everything about them automatically right off the bat?

And again, given that more will show up, it's obvious this isn't the last we've seen on them.

That is true. But, I can’t help but wish they had a greater amount of personality and depth to be noted by.

Marini and Shadow were certainly interesting, but that was mainly because a lot more devotion was given to them in being able to stand out. They were pretty much the only ones I remembered too.

Like I said, this was their introduction phase, we'll obviously get more personality and depth as the arc continues

Hopefully.

I’m not exactly the most confidant because Jeremy Whitley’s comics have a history of not being the most...tasteful, per say. There are many comics that he made which didn’t age well either, largely due to them being contradicted by the show later on or because they continually reference previous comics that were already retconned. “The Return of Tempest Shadow” is a prime example, because it referenced comics like the “Reflections” and “The Root of the Problem” arcs despite them getting retconned by the show years later.

That can be chalked up to certain events happening differently due to the new continuity.

Not really much of an excuse, though. Because of the references, the overall continuity feels openly questionable and out of whack, which is why I’ve hardly seen them as official despite the promotions that keep saying they’re official. The show itself hardly acknowledged the events of the comics I mentioned either.

But it DID acknowledge the Pillars, as well as the Dazzlings, Tirek's dad, etc.

The comics are semi-canonical until the show says otherwise. Season 10 is just taking liberties with certain events.

But it DID acknowledge the Pillars, as well as the Dazzlings, Tirek's dad, etc.

I was talking about ones like “Reflections”, “The Root of the Problem”, “Nightmare Rarity”, and “The Return of Queen Chrysalis”.

Still counts, some are canon, some aren't, and other events just happened differently.

That doesn’t make any sense.

It is true that the comics you mentioned were acknowledged and are obviously canon, but ones like the “Reflections” and “The Root of the Problem” arcs are clearly non-canon, and so is “The Return of Tempest Shadow” thanks to it acknowledging the two I mentioned and other certain arcs that were retconned by the show.

It does when you think about it properly.

Like I said before, any aspects of those events in season 10 can simply be hand waived by stating that the events took place, just under different circumstances.

Like I said before, any aspects of those events in season 10 can simply be hand waived by stating that the events took place, just under different circumstances.

Maybe it’s just me, but perhaps if Hasbro and Entertainment One adapted certain arcs like “Reflections” into television specials, then things would make sense. After all, there are lots of comics that hold quite a large amount of potential for such, it’s just a matter of making modifications to help them tie into the show’s continuity.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 47