IDW MLP Comics 280 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

I've literally just opened FF#11. Haven't read past the first page yet. Just had to comment on this particular thing:

What.

What is with this artwork?

This is...the most bizarre art of any MLP comic yet.

3823929 Why/ What's wrong, or "questionable," about it? I don't see anything offensive about it, and I actually think it's cute.

Ponies are becoming mothers before they get their cutie marks now? Ponyville has really gone to the dumps.

Lol. Good eye :pinkiehappy:

Could always be a sibling or babysitter. Looks a lil like Cheerilee.

3823941 Cute is one thing. This is just...off. Rainbow Dash looks like a kid. Actually, EVERY pony in this comic looks like a kid. It's even worse when it hits Spitfire.

It isn't BAD art, it's just...what?

3823929 Yeah, the artwork here looks really weird. It makes all the adults look like kids, and that is a definite sign of trouble. Whoever was in charge of the art for this fic needs a refresher course on the basics of What NOT to do when drawing.

This is...the most bizarre art of any MLP comic yet.

Yes, yes it is. Be sure to keep an eye out for Spitfire's suggestive leering.

There's a couple panels where the huge head/scrawny neck combination is a little offputting, and he doesn't really know what pony places look like (that street doesn't look anything like Ponyville), but overall I love this new artist. These ponies are adorable.

At least the main series is still looking the same.

Edit: ...Also, if you want 'questionable artwork' from that issue:

I see that as a bit of a return to earlier generations of My Little Pony. It was really hard to compare one individual's age to another, and more could be projected onto them. This was so it was more accessible to the young target demographic. I suppose this might be going for a retro feeling.

3825035 Yeah. :facehoof:

I really hope they never use this artist again. The entire comic was just painful.

Except for Loop de Loop. Loop de Loop is adorable.

3825417 At the very least, this needs to stay restricted to a story focused on the CMC and no adult characters. You know you've got problems when your characters look way younger than they should.

I could accept that if the entire comic was from the CMC or a character of a similar age point of view. Or even the Cake twins. Then things could look a bit weird.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13