Fluttercord 1,617 members · 1,222 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22

Okay, can we seriously talk about how much Discord loves Fluttershy in this holiday special?!:3 And how much she loves him back?!:D

I haven't had a chance to see it yet. Please spill for me!
EDIT TO ADD: Though might want to use spoiler tags.

I think what Discord wanted to do for Fluttershy was sweet. Not only that, but I liked the gift she'd gotten him too. If you notice, it's the same thing she was making in the first half of season 8, when Rarity wanted to help out at her shop. I wanted Discord to get a little kiss on the cheek, but this was adorable too.

I'll be glad to spill my friend^^
So the basic premise of this holiday special is that the Mane Six and Spike, but not Starlight Glimmer cause she's spending her holiday with Trixie, are overwhelmed with getting tons of gifts for others for Hearth's Warming. In order to help with the stress of it all and make it fun, the gang decides to do a Secret Santa and have each pony and dragon be in charge of getting one gift for one person:)
Anyway, Rainbow Dash is in charge of getting Flutters something. But, she is having a hard time because Flutters is being a little wishy washy on what she actually wantsXD Because of her frustration, she decides to get Flutters a candle. But our boi Discord intervenes and says he will not stand by for this. He will accompany Rainbow on her journey to find Flutters so that way it is guaranteed by Discord that Flutters gets the best and quality gift. He even says so in the episodeXD
Anyway throughout their adventure, he shows the audience how much he knows Fluttershy, in a loving way, and it does look like it in comparison to RainbowXD Eventually he suggest Rainbow to get a winter chinchilla for Flutters, they get the winter chinchilla and Rainbow discovers that when the sun sets, all Gremlin style, the little guy literally turns into, they say this in the episode, a chinchilla-zillaXD He turns into a giant winter chinchilla;)
Anyway, the giant Chinchilla attacks the castle where the rest of the gang returns to. Discord knew this fact about the winter chinchilla before they discovered it, and didn't tell Rainbow or the others in order for Fluttershy to have the moment of saving the day by herself by being herself. AKA by giving the giant furry rodent some sweet but kinda tough love^^ <3 In other words, Discord wanted to give Fluttershy two gifts in one and he does point this to Rainbow too: the gift of a new animal friend and the gift of Fluttershy feeling like a hero for a day:3
Then, at the end of the episode, Fluttershy surprised Discord with a Hearth's Warming gift which he totally didn't expect because he wasn't really invited the Hearth's Warming festivities at the castle.
She got him a homemade knitted cozy for his tea kettle and she gave him a hug <3! And he hugged her back!<3 They keep looking over at each other for the rest of the end of the episode <3 Discord looked over at Fluttershy and smiled when she was snuggling with the giant chinchilla <3 They even hugged for the second time during a song! They hugged twice in this episode!:D
I highly recommend that you watch this episode^^ Even though it's a Christmas special in the middle of OctoberXD Oh well, let's get Nightmare Before Christmas all up in this place!

Daww, that stuff does sound cute.
*Frowns pensively* Hmm, 'tis puzzlement. Do I watch the episode now and get my dose of Fluttercord, or stick with my self-imposed rule of no Christmas stuff until after Thanksgiving? Hmm, what a first-world dilemma. Decisions, decisions.

Oh, and by the way:

She got him a homemade knitted cozy for his tea kettle and she gave him a hug <3!

*Snicker* Now why on earth does that seem oddly familiar?

Daww, that stuff does sound cute.
*Frowns pensively* Hmm, 'tis puzzlement. Do I watch the episode now and get my dose of Fluttercord, or stick with my self-imposed rule of no Christmas stuff until after Thanksgiving? Hmm, what a first-world dilemma. Decisions, decisions.

Haha lol you can probably wait till after Thanksgiving to watch this since the special is so filled with winter holiday goodness, and it really puts you in the mood for Christmas once you watch it:) But if you're impatient for Fluttercord, like I am due to the fact that there was a great lack of Fluttercord for S8, then go watch it now!XD Lol!

*Snicker* Now why on earth does that seem oddly familiar?

Hmmmm, tis a mystery;) I wonder about that too, lol;)

Just finished watching the episode and I can’t with these two. I think what Discord did for Fluttershy was such a sweet thing as being a big fan of the character Fluttershy seeing her being the hero in the spotlight and I like to think that Discord knew that as well that Fluttershy rarely gets recognition for what her kindness can do.

Even if Rainbow pointed out what Discord plotted almost wreaked havoc mind you that Discord could’ve stepped in if he wanted to if things were gonna get haywire, but he didn’t cause he very well knew that they can solve it on their own and he can use his magic if things didn’t go as he planned.

Also, considering from the last recent Discord that disappointed me in how they handled it this episode handled Discord’s character well.

I loved every moment of it! So adorable in every possible way!:heart:

He wanted to make her feel special and important, and that truly is sweet of him for wanting that. I hope we get even more Fluttercord before the series is over.

Discovery logo really fits here

I wish Marble was as lucky as Discord

Oh my gosh that’s perfect

Haha lol I agree, Discovery knew what they were doing after Flutters gave her husbando that gift;) Lol!

I could see the animators now.
“Ok so we put discord and Fluttershy on the right side”
“But the Family logo is there”
“Yes?”
“It’s perfect”
Lol

Haha lol yup, the meeting went down exactly like thisXD ;) Lol!

That episode was great

Something small, but when Rainbow invites Discord to their Hearth's Warming gathering, she says "Fluttershy would love to have you."

Love.

Seems that they're trying to make every character recognize how much these two care about each other.

Spoilers, raise me back to life. My heart has officially exploded from this! I can't wait to watch this episode!

I know it's been several days, but I've thought about it, and I'm going to stick with waiting until after Thanksgiving to watch the special. Delayed gratification. Plus, if I can get a certain story wrapped up by then, I'll probably need some Fluttercord fuel to sustain me before jumping to the next story.

Hmmmm, tis a mystery;) I wonder about that too, lol;)

*Snickers again* Well, it definitely couldn't have anything to do with this. *Chuckles*;)

EDIT TO ADD: By the way, I just remembered that I first posted that particular chapter on Fanficton.net right before Halloween as well. What are the odds?!

Good plan when it comes to when to see the special, especially when keeping in mind on the work that needs to be done on a certain story;)

Oh no, the mystery has nothing to do with a certain story that has adorable moments embodied in adorable fan art;) Lol! Plus side, finally found fussyqueen's DA page! Yay thank you^^

Also, yeah I remember when a certain chapter premiered on Halloween too!:D Oh my gosh nostalgia!:D

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22