Into the Black 323 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

With the death of Sweetie Belle the idea of a Sweetie Bot came to my mind. During the chaos, an Alliance medic took the brain from Sweetie Belle's body and froze it, and sends it back to his brother on Earth who had been working on robotic bodies with organic brains. Due to different laws he couldn't use a Human or other Alliance species brain but since Sweetie's brain could pass as a small animal's he is able to put it in a pony shaped robot. Upon reawakening though, Sweetie panics due to her body and escapes the scientist's lab leaving her in an unfamiliar world with a spotty memory of anything she has ever done. (Brain damage as result of her death to freeze time) All of this however is with no permission from Sweetie's sister or family.

It'd be an interesting premise.

Write it. Now.

blazikenking
Group Contributor

You could use the idea without going to Earth. There is the mad tech pony Technia, after all, and I'm sure you've seen how crazy she is. Knowing her though (as her creator, I should know this), she would probably go overboard on the new body and make Sweetie Bot a transformer.

My other idea would have said scientist be doing this illegally after being thrown out of his prestigious research university. And after getting Sweetie Belle's brain working in the robot, decides to, rather than find more subjects and have to make new versions of the computer to brain interfaces, use Sweetie's DNA to create clones in order to harvest the brains for more similar experiments. But Sweetie Bot catches wind of this upon discovering him tying an unconscious clone down to his working station and prepping the lobotomy to which disgusts Sweetie "Bot" and after an argument causes her instinctually tap into some memories of Rarity's martial arts training ends up wounding the scientist due to her robotic strength. She then proceeds to untie the clone, put her over her back and flee. Someone hears a loud crash and bang (Sweetie Bot throwing the large steel station through a window) and reports it to the police whom then find the injured scientist along with his cloning equipment and arrest him. After a few months they finally find the DNA's owner through the newly updated system which includes the battle on Avol's casualty list. Meanwhile Sweetie Bot struggles with her situation while helping the clone, who doesn't actually know that Sweetie Bot is the original, try to find a way back home.

shirotora
Group Admin

1050163 I say go for it. It won't be canon, but sounds cool. I'll even make a non-canon folder for anyone that wants to write a a story of their own.

Jack-Pony
Group Contributor

1050163 So, you're writing Sweetie Bot: Origins?
:pinkiehappy:

Journeyman
Group Contributor

I'm going to be making a full document containing all the medical, cybernetic, and genetic experimentation. It will at least be what I am using for my particular story. Certain aspects of what you wish ring true for what I am doing. I'll post what I have here, providing Shiro approves everything.

Yes, I will be designing pony cyberware as well.

There is an issue, however. I don't know if the same rings true for pony brains, but please don't pull some magic B.S. on this point. Human brain cells start dying at about the two minute mark. Serious damage occurs at the three to five minute mark. This is also the maximum window our brains can survive without oxygen. Five minutes is (roughly) the absolute maximum we can last and still retain enough brain function to function normally. Eight minutes is the maximum and still retain brain function to live. Several sections of the brain would be dead and you may be nothing more than a quadriplegic that can't speak and drools over your shirt. I still need to ditch the body.

The medics arrive on the scene to which he quickly has the unicorn medic use a freezing spell on Sweetie Belle much to the confusion of the unicorn. Then he reaches into his bag and pulls out a vat with a chemical concoction invented to preserve the brain (It's being worked on in real life) Meanwhile Rarity has been put in "stable" condition and is teleported away. The brother seeing his chance, pulls out his pistol and shoots the unicorn who had been helping him and runs the body upstairs along with the vat and a bone saw. Precedes to lobotomize the body, stick the brain in the vat, and then quickly re-sew the skin and skull in place. before returning the vat to his bag and returning the body to the 1st floor. Upon doing this he fires at the wall three times, smears the unicorn's blood on the wall and then shoots himself in the thigh before screaming for help. He blames a Dratali for the death of the unicorn and his wound and claims it ran away upon hearing footsteps.

Journeyman
Group Contributor

I suppose I can give you a morsel of what I am working on. I'm borrowing a chemical from another series, but I'm altering its aspects a little. There is a chemical created by and issued to all major medical corporations, code named: Odysseus. Odysseus, as you may know, was the one who conjured up the idea of the Trojan Horse. The chemical Odysseus I am developing does little on its own. It's when it is combined with other chemicals are its effects fully realized. Odysseus weakens the membrane of the skin enough for chemicals to be absorbed through the skin. Just like the Trojan Horse let the Trojans into Troy, Odysseus lets other chemicals into the body.

So, if you combined Odysseus in a cocktail with arsenic, you'd poison your target simply by splashing the mixture on their skin. If you'd combine it with a pressurized coolant, say Freon or liquid nitrogen, you'd freeze anything directly below the skin.

This comes with the side effect of leaving a lingering trace in the body. Of course, not many would test the dead for Odysseus, but a partially frozen corpse would draw eyes. You can go ahead and use Odysseus if you want.

Nothing beats a Greek mythological world having a Greek mythological item. (True its just the name) :pinkiehappy:

Journeyman
Group Contributor

I am just that good.

1050415Yeah, I know that fact about the brain to be certain....

Hmm, I wasn't actually planning to write the story; I was more intending just to give an idea lol. But maybe I should. :ajsmug:

Anything I can do shiro to get it canonized; or at least blessed. :rainbowkiss:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15