Bioshock: Equestria 489 members · 90 stories
Comments ( 46 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 46

Hello there. If you so happen to be looking at this then I would like to formally invite you to a...group of people and ponies that are looking to make a great new civilization. This will be one like no other ever seen on the planet! You ponies will be free of the tyranny of your princesses constant meddling in your lives, humans will be free from the shackles of over restrictive government. This is a place like no other, for we do not even reside on the ground, we are in fact, below it.

This is Rapture, a beautiful underwater city fully dedicated to your hard work and intellectual ingenuity. This is a place where the artist can create works of art that would be appreciated nowhere else, the scientist can freely experiment without the fear of petty morals be forced onto them. If put work into it, Rapture will work for you.

OOOOOoooooOOOOOoooooOOOOO

So yeah, enough of that. If you are reading this then I would very much so enjoy it if I could round up a group of RP people, and ponies, for a multi-racial RP of Bioshock. How would things have been different? Which would you prefer to be? Do you think plasmids and gene tonics would work on ponies? Could there be inequality between the ponies and humans? Well that is for the group to decide, if you are interested please be sure to respond to this seeing as how it would be by far the easiest way for me to see it. As for application for a character I would prefer it to be listed as such, though it is not anywhere near a requirement.

Race:
Name:
Reason for going to Rapture:
Why you want to do this:

Race: Human
Name: Jonathan Stone
Some back story: Was an inventor who's inventions were always just a little bit off from working.
Reason for going to Rapture: Hopefully he can get his inventions to completely work.
Why you want to do this: Pride, he knows his inventions can work and won't give up on it until he dies.

2964575 I like it. Quick question, what are his opinions on ponies, magic and self sustaining ideals?

He is neutral about ponies thinking that they have their good and bad sides.
He somewhat dislikes magic, prefering technology, but doesn't go out of his way to avoid it.
What is the last one?

2964615 How would he react in a closed off area that is completely self sustaining? (Not a necessary question, would be best to not say anything if the reaction would be funny.)

umm.....probably would try to break out.

2964655 Oh my. Well, I guess we would need to see how that would go down...Hopefully some more people come in on this conversation.

How would you feel about a sort of lutece like character?

2964779 Anyone, everyone. If you can make 'em and use 'em, do it.

Race: Pony (unicorn variety)
Name: Para Dox
Some back story: Originally a scientist looking into the idea of chaos magic for celestia, let's just say that trying to study it was almost like trying to bring order to the versatile magic. Flung through time and space, he was broken down and reformed, able to 'tear' into different realities and travel to them.
Reason for going to Rapture: He's interested in viewing this reality
Why you want to do this: mainly out of bordem

2964838 Sounds good.

To the two of you, if you know anyone interested in something like this, could you invite 'em?

Is this some world where they both live on the same planet?

2964958 Haha! Sounds perfect man!

I have a idea for a pair of "brothers" give me a minute

2964982 OooooOOO, am I detecting architects?

Race: Unicorn
Name: Dawn
Some back story: He was obsessed with magic, even more so than Twilight, and started researching all different types of magic in order to obtain more power. He began using dark magic, and once he was found out, Celestia had him imprisoned.
Reason for going to Rapture: He wants a place where he is free to pursue his goals, and research and practice all forms of magic without persecution. When he found out about Rapture, he escaped his prison and made his way there so that he could continue his quest for power undisturbed.
Why you want to do this: I love RP's.

2965013 Sounds good, though Rapture did have rules, like human experimentation must be done voluntarily.

Name: Christopher "Chris" Finley
Some back story: a average joe for Texas who has an adopted pony "brother"
Reason for going to Rapture: he came here with his "brother" to be. Away from the discrimination of the south
Why you want to do this:Because Why the F:yay:k not:rainbowwild:

Race: unicorn
Name: Incognito
Some back story: taken in by Chris's mom as a her "son" as a colt, he has had to face des rumination all his life. It all climaxed when he was nearly murdered. The two brothers then decided to come to rapture
Reason for going to Rapture: for a hopefully safer life

Sounds quite good. Now that this has a accrewed a decent amount of people and ponies, how do you all want to be hosting it?

Nope, just a pony and human pair of "Brothers"

2965159 I was also including the other peoples suggestions towards people and ponies.

On the group forums?

Race:Dragon
Name:Ace McCloud
Some back story:Ace is one of a rare breed of dragons that spit Lightning instead of fire. He is young adult and only about as tall as Luna. His white scales are a dual gray from neglecting to polish them and his horns and scales are black like ebony steal. He wears a black jeans Jacket with a dragon skull and cross bones on the right breast and the back. He was hatched and raised by a griffin and pegasus couple in Baltimare. His father was a ship caption (Caption Shipwreck) and his mother a town guard (officer Lt.swift claw). He spent his youth as the ship's cabin foal and learned to sail as well as fight from his father and smithing from one of the crews blacksmith Hamerfall.
Reason for going to Rapture:Ace was a out cast with other Dragons. Raised by nondragons saw gems as for there magic effects on weapons and armor when socketd right. And put more value in somethings use then in its shinieness. Also never ate a gem preferring meat thanks to his mom's cooking. His desire to make a better weapon based of the cannons he saw on ships got him in trouble with the crown for "trying to make dangerous thing more so." and so on. After hearing about Rapture he was thrilled a place he could work with out restraint to experiment and improve and crate better arms and armor then any in the world! Now he goes their to chase his dream to be known for creating the most powerful personal defiance equipment in the world.
Why you want to do this: love bioshock 1&2 are the best but I feel so mach more could be done with it. And then there's the fact it's ponies in bioshock so I can do all the magicy DnD stuff with the classic 40s coolness. I'm so going to love this and also I wan the big daddy gatlen gun and that sweat as a sugur rotary chamber dubble barrel shot gun. Oh buck I'm doing the a bioshock run again.

2965232 ...Okay, well I mean ye' no offense, but your grammar steadily degraded throughout that, if you could work on that just a tad that would actually be quite perfect.

2965229 Hmm, could be. Though to be honest this is my first time actually trying to host such a thing, I also seem to have neglected making my own person or pony...

Make your own character. I can make the RP for you.

2965287 OH...well thank you very much.

2965261 I'm using a kindle and its auto spell check is what I rely on I can't remember how a lot of wards are spelled so I use that to get close as to what looks/sound right. Also I was never taught punctuation in school so I give it the best I can. Tho I do slip up as I get existed.

Name: Matt "Techer" Marlin
Some back story: A human obsessed with the idea of machine and magic coming together. He traveled to the Equine homeland and studied magic there, undergoing several high risk procedures to have small portions of his finger bones be turned into the same bone material found in unicorn horns.
Reason for going to Rapture: Like many others he wishes for a place to carry out his studies and form wonderful contraptions.
Why you want to do this: ...I started this...nuff said.

2965314 Ah, well as long as the majority of people/ponies will know what you're saying all will be good.

2965332 Um I'm sorry to say this but if your a player who is the GM? The guy who has to control every NPC and Enamy in the RP. I learned the HARD way that a meager scale RP like this can't run with out one. Ether players get out of control or nothing happens and players get bored and quit. It's like a mmo with out NPC's it's just a empty sand box to blow each other up in like gta4 was.

2965422 I suppose that duty would fall to me.

Race: Human (Who turned into a Pony)

Name: Pony: Winter Frost/////Human: Lou.

Some back story: Awoken in a facility, he realizes that he has a virus that makes him unbeliavbly powerful (Like PROTOTYPE). But barely escaping alive from Celestia, gets an invitation to Ryan (Or whoever) himself. Ryan 'borrowing' his virus, making Winter an average fighting unicorn, developing Plasmids. Now the whole place rogue with power, he meets new friends (Other OC's) and does whatever it takes to stop Ryan's doings.

Reason for going to Rapture: He was invited by Ryan, and he couldn't say no for an answer, from what happened at the facility.

Why you want to do this: I love RP! So awesome! :rainbowkiss:

Comment posted by TheHoleyCheese deleted Feb 28th, 2014

You do realize that the RP is set like 20 to 15 years before the game events right? As in the RP is us building Rapture with Ryan.

2967916 I know, so think of me as a lab rat. You know, a test subect being tested once in a while.

2968331 yeah but you are working under the premise of the games events will happen not that they are just one of a infinite number of possibilities for the game to reach. For all you know the goal of most the players maybe to make Rapture work. I know I for one do and I in real life think Ryan had a good idea that got corrupted by others seeking to plunder it and subvert it for there own. I BELIVE IN RAPTURE!

2968362 ...¿Que? Then....I guess nevermind?

2968416 Also you said your doing of another game? For your OC when in bioshock they gave a clear and definitive answer to where the plasmids came from, witch would be even more believable in equestria then it was in the game. So I can't help but feel you saying you want to be their source rather then earning them one by one is a poorly vailed attempt to take spotlight and claim it's about my Mary Sue character and every should go along for the ride....... note I play a young adult Dragon witch is basically almost starting as a big daddy but he still has flaws and weakness and a lot of growth room. The character you posted seems to be the I'm God but everyone is after me type witch kills or takes the fun out of a RP. I know made that mistake my first time 6 or 7 years ago on Eka's now I only use a Mary Sue as a way to restrict players in my RP's or kill out trouble makers that just don't get it ain't soully about them.

2966280 Not going to lie your character sounds a bit OP, needs a kind of weakness.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 46