Technology VS. Magic 2,666 members · 784 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
DamnToasty
Group Admin

Alright everyone, I have a question for you. What is the algorithm that the site uses for the featured box. I just want to know this to see if my new story has a chance. This is not self-promotion! I am just curious if anyone has information on it. Thank you for your time, and goodbye.

-Robert out.

Likes and views are considered.

That's something I'd like to too.

1850880 It uses an advanced algorithm not conceivable by us mere mortals.
It was created by Knighty 10'000 years ago, and noone else understands it.
Or maybe it just takes some random popular stories. :moustache:

It's whoever praises their Poultron and Knighty Shrines the most that gain the supreme honor of the Feature.

It works like this: Your story heavily used Lyra, you're likely to be featured. Lyra clop, guaranteed. Certain popular shipping pairs and clop involving them will also get you featured almost instantly. HiE stories are rarer, but they still happen if they look dark and edgy enough or have been going around long enough, like mine.

All of those out of the way, it is calculated randomly based on views, likes, favs, and time since originally posted. Like, my main story got enough that it's automatically featured every time I update, but it's been going for nearly a year now. It all depends on how much support you can drum up for your story.

1851381 Dude, I auto feature as well. I miss the days when it excited me to do it.:pinkiesad2:

Anyway, It goes off of view count. A story that gets the most views at a single time will be featured. more views you get, the higher you go. I have seen negative voted stories in the feature box.

It's a heat system: The sooner you get you views, likes, etc after releasing a chapter, the better chance of hitting the feature box. You also have to have a minimum word count (last I checked it was 4k words) so get to writing champ!:twilightsmile:

Apparently, comments are counted, too.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9