Sweetiebot 701 members · 135 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Right, so I love reading Sweetiebot stories. And there are not nearly enough of them.
So I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and make this prompt thing!
I mean, this group's kinda... Not there. Barely existent, really. But I need to see moar stories!

Rules copied almost directly from the Twisalys prompt collab, which is two threads (or is it three - is this number supposed to count the initial thread?) removed from the Appledash collab
Rules are as follows:
Someone starts off by posting a 100-1000 word mini-fic about Sweetiebot. At the end will be a prompt - preferably one word, but not strictly. If you would like to write a 100-1000 word Sweetie Bot mini-fic relating to that prompt within the next eight hours, comment right away to claim that prompt. Post the story when you finish, and add a one word prompt at the end for the next people to claim.
Simple enough?
Just to make sure everything is clear:
* The mini-fic can be in any style, any tag, AU, humanized, whatever. It can be a cute scene, a snippet of conversation, or an excerpt from an Equestrian history book. It's not expected to be preread or proofread, and if you've never written before that's just fine. Just try to keep it rated teen or lower and make sure it's 100-1000 words of fiction about Sweetie Bot and it relates somehow to the prompt you claimed.
* Claim prompts with a quick post indicating the prompt claimed. When you finish, make a post with the mini-fic and the next prompt.
* Your claim is valid for eight hours, to keep someone from accidentally holding things up all day. After eight hours, another person could post a claim for the same prompt. If you ran out of time, and no one else has claimed it, and you still want to write it, just go ahead and reclaim it.
* In the event that people become confused, and two fics are posted for the same prompt, whoever claimed first - or if neither person has claimed it, the first poster - gets to decide the next prompt. Both submissions will be added to the story.
* Please include a one word prompt at the end of your fic. There are lots of words, and they can mean lots of things, and it's up to the next writer what they want to do with it.

Right! So that's that. I'm going to drop off three prompts here for you guys to choose from - they're all randomly generated nouns (chosen such that they're not obscure) - and maybe write about one before I shimmy off to bed. If we reach a thousand words, I'll try publishing this story.

CURRENT PROMPT LIST
Anvil
Deficiency
Rain
Drill
Reset

Rain
Rarity looked out the window at the storm and sighed, and turned back to her sewing. She hated flash storms like this. Sweetie Bot was out there somewhere. Hopefully she had found shelter someplace.
Her ears pricked up as she heard the sound of metal scraping against cobblestone through the sound of the rain falling. She poked her head out of the door and was shocked (but not entirely surprised) to see Sweetie Bot, her circuits shorted out, being pushed by her two organic friends towards the boutique.
Rarity sighed and mentally began preparing for a long night of drying and putting things in uncooked rice.
Apple Bloom looked up and saw Rarity watching. “We didn't mean to!” she called.
“I'm sure,” Rarity said blandly.
“Sweetie thought she could go out in the rain after our life-giving ritual.”
“Yeah,” Scootaloo said, gesturing with only a hint of bitterness towards her still-blank flank. “We're definitely not cutie mark crusaders necromancers.”
“You're not what?!” Rarity shrieked.
Apple Bloom and Scootaloo froze. “Nothing,” they responded in unison.
Rarity began to babble incoherently and fainted.
Scootaloo pouted. “We didn't even use real animals,” she grumbled. “I don't see what the big deal is.”

New prompt: drill

3569760 Pffft, I love Scoots there.
DRILL

"Why do I need a drill again?" Sweetie Belle looked at Twilight dubiously. "I don't know how to build stuff, and I don't want weird stuff in my programming."
"Oh, you don't need the drill," Twilight said as she brought out the machination. "It's mostly an experiment - to see how you learn how to use new hardware with only minimal software to aid you. Whoever programmed you did so with the intent of completely recreating the pony mind, and it worked, so learning how you work would be very helpful towards learning how normal ponies work. The drill is representative of artificial improvements in organic beings."
Sweetie Belle grumbled about the normal comment, but otherwise said nothing. Then she raised an eyebrow. "Wait a minute. You didn't answer the question - why a drill?"
"Well," Twilight said, blushing slightly, "I guess it just seems like usual tool androids use?"
"And how is this in any way similar to pony augmentations?! You don't have anything to program!"
"Well, that's sort of what we're trying to figure out. Are you sure you don't want to go to sleep mode?"
Sweetie Belle shivered. Twilight Sparkle continued reworking the mechanical filly's right forehoof. "No thanks, Miss Sparkle. Ever since you gave me those books, I don't think I ever want to sleep again!"

Not very good, but it's the best I've got considering my writer's block.
New Prompt: Reset

CyborgPony
Group Contributor

Reset

Now go to sleep Sweetie Belle. Goodnight.

Goodnight Rarity.

[primary] Sleep function activated
[primary] Eyes … closed
[primary] Motor functions … off
[primary] Sight … off
[primary] Hearing … off
[primary] Taste … off
[primary] Smell … off
[primary] Touch … off
[primary] Done turning off primary functions
[secondary] Acknowledged
[secondary] Primary processor … off
[secondary] Essential primary RAM copied to drive
[secondary] Primary RAM … off
[secondary] Base instincts … off
[secondary] Done turning off secondary functions
[tertiary] Acknowledged
[tertiary] Secondary processor … off
[tertiary] Secondary RAM copied to drive
[tertiary] Secondary RAM … off
[tertiary] Switched from reactor to battery
[tertiary] 8.23 hour alarm clock … on
[tertiary] Minimal hearing and touch … on
[tertiary] Listen and feel for wakeup cues processing … on
[tertiaty] Sleep successfully activated

8 hours later

Sweetie Belle. It is time to get up. You have school today.

[tertiaty] Wakeup function activated
[tertiary] Listen and feel for wakeup cues processing … off
[tertiary] Minimal hearing and touch … off
[tertiary] Alarm clock … off
[tertiary] Switched from battery to reactor
[tertiary] Secondary RAM … on
[tertiary] Secondary RAM copied from drive.
[tertiary] Secondary processor … on.
[tertiary] Secondary Processor: BOOT
[secondary] Acknowledged
[secondary] Base instincts … on
[secondary] Rimrary RAM … on
[secondary] Primary RAM initialized from copies of essential parts from drive
[secondary] Primary processor … on
[secondary] Primary Processor: BOOT
[primary] Touch … on
[primary] Smell … on
[primary] Taste … on
[primary] Hearing … on
[primary] Sight … on
[primary] Motor functions … on
[primary] Eyes … opened
[primary] Wakeup successfully activated

… uh. I'm awake Rarity.

New Prompt: self-acceptance

Sweetie Belle stared out the window. Part of her mind was looking at the readout that she now realized had always been there but never saw. While most of her mind was thinking about what had and would change now that her inhibitor was damaged.

[awareness inhibitor: damaged. repairs: on hold]

The metallic centipede, attached to the inside of her stomach, waited for her to change that. Then once it had the materials it would cut open the back of her head, tear out the damaged part, and put it back in after the forge in her stomach fixed it. Just like it did with her eye.

She sighed. ...And noticed corresponding fluctuations in her imitation breathing and the efficiency of her exhaust scrubbers. Her coolant pump however, maintained it's two stage cycle at a steady 100bpm. She looked down at her foreleg and flexed it. One readout gave her information on the servos and hydraulics involved, while another listed the temperatures of different parts of her. Including one that listed the coolant in her dermal layer as being normal. For a real filly probably

She pulled up an audio recording from yesterday. She had just been hurt... or damaged... and was still panicking. Princess Celestia happened to be visiting Twilight at the time.

"In my life I've met many creatures who are not 'alive' in the same way that ponies are. So now tell me my little pony. Is it really important how you were brought into this world? or is it more important what you do now that you are here?"

"Why can't I just be programed to understand everything? Dumb learning computer."

After a few seconds, her mind caught up to what she just said and she groaned.

"Sweetie Belle, your friends are here." Rarity called out to her.

She understood it like always but also got a readout of the voice analysis and an information update.

She still didn't know what she was going to do 'now that you are here', but her sister still loved her and her friends were scared but far more concerned about her. If the emotions in my heart drive are even close to real, then I'm going to make the best of it.

She made her way downstairs and hugged her sister.

Rarity hugged her back. "Do be careful, Sweetie. I don't want to see you get hurt."

"I'll try"

"Oh I packed you some nice healthy snacks."

Rarity levitated a paper bag over and Sweetie Belle mumbled a thanks as she grabbed it in her mouth and ran out the door.

"Hey Sweetie Belle." Scootaloo called out. "Are you feeling better?"

After a moment's thought she nodded and got in the wagon.

"What's in the bag?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Rarity sent some snacks."

"Oh ya? What kind?"

Sweetie Belle looked in the bag and frowned.

[taste analysis: deactivated]

At least there are some good things about this.

So how was that?

New prompt: Weapons

Weapons

Twilight stared, dumbstruck, at the hole in her castle. Spike stuck his head out from under the couch and whistled. The hole looked as though a cookie cutter had been taken to the whole wall, and had continued on into the Everfree Forest.

The three flower ponies stared in horror. The strange red blast had decapitated all of their flowers! Every last one of them! Nothing but headless flowers as far as they could see! As one, they raised their hooves to their foreheads and fainted.

Vinyl Scratch stared blindly at what she'd seen. Something that looked like red light had sliced right through her turntables. She glanced up, but nothing looked like it had caused it. Still, she knew she was probably going to get blamed for this.

Pinkie Pie's jaw dropped as she looked at her cake. That strange combination she'd gotten earlier suddenly made sense now that the strange red light had come through. Now her triple-layer tiered cake was only half the cake it used to be.
Still, there was a bright side to this. Now she could eat it while she made another one!

Mayor Mare sighed as she sat in the middle of the confetti that had formerly been her paperwork. Now she would probably have to do it all again.
Or, a better thought, she could drink some of the cider she kept in a bottom drawer of her desk and pretend nothing had happened.
She decided to go with option two.

Applejack squinted at the apples. It was as if they had been sliced cleanly in two by that red light, and she had no idea what this could mean.
Still, there was no reason to waste an apple. She leaned down and picked it up, and took a bite. She chewed thoughtfully, and then swallowed. "Mhm. Tingly," she said.

Rarity stared at the hole in her wall, and slowly looked back towards Sweetie Bot, whose right foreleg was up and still smoking.
"Oh," Sweetie said softly. "So that's what that does."

New prompt: reprogramming

Comment posted by Guardian Talon deleted Mar 21st, 2017

it's getting close to 2 years without anything.

Twilight had wide eyes and a big smile. "This is really quite amazing..."
She kept talking but something was bothering Sweetie Belle.

Warning:
>ignore<
Warning:
>ignore<
Warning:
>ignore<
Warning:
>ignore<

She finally had enough of it. As minor as it was it was still wasting processing power.

Warning: concealment breached
Activating containment procedures-
Weapon systems: online
>Weapon systems: offline<
Error@ weapon systems: offline
Scanning for: hostiles-
>No hostiles located<
Scanning for: targets-
>No targets located<
Deactivating containment procedures-

Warning: concealment breached
Activating containment procedures-

She would have sighed, rolled her eyes or groaned if she could have done any of them in a fraction of a second.

"Open that file and..."
>edit<
If concealment_breach
then containment_procedures
"nope"
>delete<
If concealment_breach
then >identify_hostiles<
>If hostiles = 0 then end<
>else identify_escape and identify_shelter<
>If escape or shelter >0 then go_escape or go_shelter end<
>else selfdefense_procedures end<

"...think of what this could mean for the future." Twilight continued on.
"I'm sorry Twilight. I missed some of that."
She looked a bit worried. "Oh. Is something wrong?"
"Some program was bothering me but I fixed it."
Now she looked really worried. "You should be careful with that Sweetie Belle. You could do something dangerous and hurt yourself."
She smiled. "I'll be careful."

A few to choose from
calculations
repairs
emergent behavior

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8